Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 78359 times)

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am having trouble with the cheese production. Specifically the Masterwrok booze belly goat cheese to rum production.

1. I could not get the milking of booze belly goats working. I attempted to use "workshop-job". It only showed the options greyed out to set the constraints (the i: Input item and m: Material).

2. I attempted to set this up in "workflow". I did the manual version (as the defaults where only for plain milk). The type I set to "liquid" and the Material to "creature->boozebelly goat->boozebelly goat milk".
Now this actually seemed to work even though the Limit (viewed in "workflow status") displayed as red.

3. I attempted to set up cheese next. After putting milk on repeat and attempting to add a constraint it always seems to claim if cannot find the input. Input I used liquid and material as boozebelly goat milk. It hen would cancel claiming that "cancels Make Cheese: Needs unrotted  milk boozebelly goat milk.

How can I fix this?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will have to look into it when I get time. Can you send me a save where producing those items are possible? It will help me with the debugging. I don't have a Masterwork game environment to test that in.

Edit: Just read the question properly. Currently I don't think it's possible to use workflow to milk creatures, because as you found you can't set the material type for a milking job. That won't work in vanilla either. I didn't write workflow, only the dashboard... it shows up red in the dashboard because it can't attach to any job (so it will track, but not suspend or resume any job, so it's not much use except for quickly showing you how much stock you have). You can try asking in the dfhack thread if anyone has got milking creatures managed by workflow.

I'll take a look at cheese making in vanilla. I assumed there wouldn't be a problem with that but maybe that has issues too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:18:16 pm by falconne »
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to have a slight issue when using workflow in conjunction with the Masterwork Brewery & Still. When I want to automate a specific drink job, I can't select that specific drink as the output when adding the constraint. It only shows me the other outputs of that job, which are seeds and a boulder of alcohol vapor, :-). Any idea on what I am doing wrong or what is the issue?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to have a slight issue when using workflow in conjunction with the Masterwork Brewery & Still. When I want to automate a specific drink job, I can't select that specific drink as the output when adding the constraint. It only shows me the other outputs of that job, which are seeds and a boulder of alcohol vapor, :-). Any idea on what I am doing wrong or what is the issue?

What types of drink is it and what's used to make it? Also, have a look at my comment several posts ago about setting alcohol constraints... you have to set item type to Drink then go into specific material selection, pick the input plant, then the subcategory will let you pick the actual alcohol type produced by that plant. And of course you have to set the input constraints on the workshop job to match, or the constraint won't connect.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What types of drink is it and what's used to make it? Also, have a look at my comment several posts ago about setting alcohol constraints... you have to set item type to Drink then go into specific material selection, pick the input plant, then the subcategory will let you pick the actual alcohol type produced by that plant. And of course you have to set the input constraints on the workshop job to match, or the constraint won't connect.

It occurs with all type of drinks and therefore all plants that can be used to create a drink, and yes, I assume that you are referring to manually creating a constraint with Shift-A and choosing the drink from there? If so, I tried that. I can add it just fine, but it then becomes red, which indicates that there's no job available for that drink.

And of course you have to set the input constraints on the workshop job to match, or the constraint won't connect.

So for example, I create a job inside my Brewery for Prickleberry Wine, and that job has Prickleberry Plant [Unrotten], and 2 Barrels as input, what do I have to change then? I thought that's correct, the Brewery has different jobs for each different drink. It almost looks like as if Workflow doesn't detect the proper output of that job, which in turn would mean that I can create constraints all I want, but if it doesn't know which job to connect it to, it don't do nothin'.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So for example, I create a job inside my Brewery for Prickleberry Wine, and that job has Prickleberry Plant [Unrotten], and 2 Barrels as input, what do I have to change then? I thought that's correct, the Brewery has different jobs for each different drink. It almost looks like as if Workflow doesn't detect the proper output of that job, which in turn would mean that I can create constraints all I want, but if it doesn't know which job to connect it to, it don't do nothin'.

I didn't know Masterwork has a different kind of still to vanilla. I don't know how those drink specific jobs are done... if they worked the way I assumed they would (ie adding a generic job then changing the inputs) then workflow would have just worked with them. But if it doesn't attach to them then there must be something more complicated involved and I'd have to go into the code to figure out how the MW still works.

Howeve, it looks like you can make the MW Still work like vanilla... if you add generic Brew Drink jobs, then change their input so they produce the type of alcohol you want (with workshop-job, as described in an earlier post), then workflow will attach to them. I believe the specific job types in the MW Still are just there for convenience, so you don't have to manually change the inputs for a generic brewing job.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I might not know how workflow works, but here the raws from the reaction. Maybe they help.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BREW_HELMET_PLUMP]
[NAME:brew plump helmet wine]
[BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_W]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL]
[REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
          [FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
          [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
          [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:DRINK]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:barrel/pot]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:SEED]
   [PRODUCT:5:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ALCOHOL_VAPOR][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:BREWING]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm afraid I'm completely unfamiliar with the RAWS, but if someone could send me a Masterwork save for the latest MW version where I can add the specific drink types to brew, I could take a look at how one of these specific brew jobs looks different to a generic brew job with inputs specified. I started a fresh MW game but it looks like I can't add these specific brew jobs unless I have the right plant inputs in stock, so it would be easier for me if I can just load up a save that's got everything ready to go.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm afraid I'm completely unfamiliar with the RAWS, but if someone could send me a Masterwork save for the latest MW version where I can add the specific drink types to brew, I could take a look at how one of these specific brew jobs looks different to a generic brew job with inputs specified. I started a fresh MW game but it looks like I can't add these specific brew jobs unless I have the right plant inputs in stock, so it would be easier for me if I can just load up a save that's got everything ready to go.

It's fairly easy to get that early on. Just create the sandbox with advanced worldgen and choose the easy embark, you'll have all the points in the world to select the goods you need for the construction and brewing. :-)

But, I could do that as well.

Clicky for teh save.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you had a chance to take a look at the issue?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not yet, I've been in the middle of modifying another plugin. Will check it out afterwards.

Did you try the workaround I suggested? Just using the generic brew drink job and changing the input plant, just like you would in vanilla, should allow workflow to connect to it.

Mr. Orange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not yet, I've been in the middle of modifying another plugin. Will check it out afterwards.

Did you try the workaround I suggested? Just using the generic brew drink job and changing the input plant, just like you would in vanilla, should allow workflow to connect to it.

Yes, I did! That works splendid, yet I'd rather be able to also use the Brewery building. No pressure though, take your time. :-)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fixed: https://github.com/angavrilov/dfhack/commit/f3e357d16195f063a7fbd2a050d13e89e1f2397c

Could that possibly also solve an issue i have with Lignite(maybe others too?) Here is a post i made in another thread:

Lignite problem? unsure if dfhack related though or maybe the raws are a bit different to vanilla DF?

It has todo with the new workflow UI in dfhack r3, if i select "coal" as the output nothing happens(something did happen, see traceback below), ie the list isn't populated, but if i select "any material" it is.

If nothing is different i'll report it in the dfhack thread as there is no mention of problems with lignite atm.

Edit: If i got into Advanced and reselect the Material it then works, but i can't just go into Advanced and just press Y, it needs to be reselected hmm, so maybe it is a dfhack issue?

Edit 2: dfhack console dump when i try this:

Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
...est DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: invalid constraint: BAR//COAL:COKE
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'setConstraint'
        ...est DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: in function 'saveConstraint'
        ...est DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:980: in function 'on_select'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:193: in function 'on_submit'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:576: in function 'submit'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:588: in function 'onInput'
        ...celerated Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui.lua:472: in function 'inputToSubviews'
        ...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:224: in function <...d Modest DF V1.1\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:217>
        [C]: in ?

I was meant to post that in the dfhack thread after Meph said nothing was changed in his mod, but forgot ;p
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is incredible!  Thanks Falconne!  It works like a charm for the most part, but I've noticed some issues with the preliminary steps to rock nut soap production.  I've got mills with jobs set to make paste from rock nuts and a screw press with a press liquid job.  However, when I create constraints for rock nut globs and rock nut oil with workflow, I get the zero jobs error.  Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Am I missing some setting that allows those jobs to be recognized?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10