Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 78369 times)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos

Hello! I have really enjoyed this extra feature on my recent forts, I just have one question! (for now :))

When I enable workflow on an item like 'rock jug', it shows up as "tool rock".  If I manually add an item from the interface, I can look up jug, and I can specify 'stone'.  Why is it that some items don't show up correctly when I add them to workflow?  Another example, which I try to set up "Milk Creature", it shows up as 'liquid_Misc'.  I don't really want it to lump milk in with all other liquids..  What I really want is for the dwarves to do the logical thing... just milk the damn cows when they can be milked without bothering me about it!  Any ideas?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a limitation in the current plugin because the workshop variables don't always provide enough information on their own to determine the exact constraint needed. As you've discovered, you have to manually edit them afterwards.

This will be resolved when DFHack r3 is released. ag has written a more complete workshop "parser" that does the extra work necessary to figure out the exact constraints for these difficult workshops. That's why I haven't bothered updating my code as it would be duplicating effort... hopefully r3 will be released soon.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos

Is there a way in r2 to track liquids?  When I try to do milk it doesn't work.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't recall off the top of my head, but if you search the forums for "workflow milk" (or just workflow) I think people have in the past discussed the required constraints for various workflow constraints.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile

a sligthly related question, does workflow plugin works with costum workshops? if not how can you modify it (i have found nothing but a dll in my DF and that migth be hard to edit) ?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a sligthly related question, does workflow plugin works with costum workshops? if not how can you modify it (i have found nothing but a dll in my DF and that migth be hard to edit) ?

Afaik it's hard coded into the dll, so falconne would have to add this, or maybe in the future we/mod makers will be able to add their own.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I know for a fact that it's compatible with custom reactions in vanilla buildings, so I don't know why it wouldn't be compatible with custom buildings.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Impressive work!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I... have no idea how to enable this.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Create a dfack.init, add these lines:
keybinding add Ctrl-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some "gui/workflow"
keybinding add Ctrl-I "gui/workflow status"

Put it into your dwarf fortress folder, play DF with dfhack r2, build a workshop, open the menu, press Ctrl+W. 

I am not entirely sure about dfhack r3, workflow is included by default, but (maybe?) without the UI ? I wrote falconne a PM today myself, because that question came up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I updated the first post but I should have added a reply to make it clear what changed.

Meph's instructions for what to add into dfhack.init are correct, but they are for r3 not r2. The r2 plugin is no longer available.

In r3, ag has written a more complete workshop UI, which replaces my old UI. It supports all types of workshops (including the ones that didn't previous work with the UI like farming workshops) and more options. With the keybindings I suggested, Ctrl-W with a workshop job selected takes you to that new interface.

He also re-wrote the dashboard in Lua, which is why the workflow dll in r3 is smaller. The Ctrl-I keybinding I suggested takes you to the dashboard, or you can go to "Status" from the above workshop UI.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugg, the new default r3 interface feels horrible imo, yours was far far better. I had all the info i needed on screen for a job without having to piss around going into other menus, it just slows everything up when before it was nice and streamlined. So yeah it missed a few things but i didn't even notice them(i can melt my own ore as needed) and i always had the dfhack console if required.

Is there no way to get your interface back? r3 has some nice fixes but just this one lil thing will bug me so much i can't use it now lol.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugg, the new default r3 interface feels horrible imo, yours was far far better. I had all the info i needed on screen for a job without having to piss around going into other menus, it just slows everything up when before it was nice and streamlined. So yeah it missed a few things but i didn't even notice them(i can melt my own ore as needed) and i always had the dfhack console if required.

Is there no way to get your interface back? r3 has some nice fixes but just this one lil thing will bug me so much i can't use it now lol.

I could merge the code back that displays the old style screen with a hotkey to open the advanced screen to edit materials?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds great but it sounds like a bit of work todo just to make 1 person happy heh, so it's upto you but i'd love it of course :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10