Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 78366 times)

StrawberryBunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because thie question went unanswered: is there a build for linux systems?
(16:25:13 ) (+strawberrrybunny) I've decided that I might as well put my almost encyclopedic knowledge of DF to use
(16:25:13 ) <+buttbot> I've decided that I might as well put my almost enbuttlopedic buttledge of DF to use

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

arclance created linux builds of my plugins for the MW mod. I'll D/L the mod, grab my plugins off it and post them separately.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

arclance created linux builds of my plugins for the MW mod. I'll D/L the mod, grab my plugins off it and post them separately.
The dfhack in Masterwork Linux is not r2 it's ~r2.5, the plugins may not work with the r2 from the dfhack thread.
dfstructures differs between the two versions and I had to patch some of the plugins to make them work so I know some of them (zone and workflow for sure) are incompatible.
The workflow in this version of dfhack is the Lua interface version based on falconnes workflow plugin that will be in r3.
It is one or two updates behind this thread in features but that version was unstable so I removed it until falconne updates the plugin when r3 comes out.

I would recommend taking the whole dfhack from the MW Linux download and using it until r3 is released if you want to use the builds from Masterwork.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:52:47 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah right.

If I have time I'll look at getting a linux VM with gcc 2.5 running so I can compile distributable plugins for r2. I already have two linux machines but they're both gcc 2.6+ and it looks like precompiled 2.5 packages have long since been deprecated in the linux world. I'll probably have to compile 2.5 from source, which will be a bit of a mission.

StrawberryBunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For what it's worth:

I am on Arch Linux. I used cower to download the PKGBUILD for dfhack-git and I modified the git repo URL to point to falconne's repo, and everything built perfectly normally. This is a fine way to get the extended workflow/search/etc plugins falconne has written.
(16:25:13 ) (+strawberrrybunny) I've decided that I might as well put my almost encyclopedic knowledge of DF to use
(16:25:13 ) <+buttbot> I've decided that I might as well put my almost enbuttlopedic buttledge of DF to use

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah right.

If I have time I'll look at getting a linux VM with gcc 2.5 running so I can compile distributable plugins for r2. I already have two linux machines but they're both gcc 2.6+ and it looks like precompiled 2.5 packages have long since been deprecated in the linux world. I'll probably have to compile 2.5 from source, which will be a bit of a mission.
I use a xubuntu 11.10 VM (don't use a later version for glibc compatibility) to get 2.5 for compiling dfhack.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use a xubuntu 11.10 VM (don't use a later version for glibc compatibility) to get 2.5 for compiling dfhack.

I had also tried a pre-built xubuntu 11.10 VM which didn't already have gcc, but when I check apt-get the lowest version I could install was 2.6. Did you set a custom package source to get it, or were you able to choose to install gcc while installing the operating system?

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had also tried a pre-built xubuntu 11.10 VM which didn't already have gcc, but when I check apt-get the lowest version I could install was 2.6. Did you set a custom package source to get it, or were you able to choose to install gcc while installing the operating system?
I don't think I have any extra sources set that would affect gcc (I think I only added the spacefm repo).
These are the packages I installed to get gcc 4.5
Code: [Select]
cpp-4.5 (4.5.3-9ubuntu1)
g++-4.5 (4.5.3-9ubuntu1)
gcc-4.5 (4.5.3-9ubuntu1)
gcc-4.5-base (4.5.3-9ubuntu1)
libstdc++6-4.5-dev (4.5.3-9ubuntu1)
this is the repo I installed them from
Code: [Select]
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric main
You have to manually set them to be used when you configure the build because 4.6 is the default gcc.
Sigtext

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool thanks. I'll try that on my existing xubuntu VM.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool thanks. I'll try that on my existing xubuntu VM.
Okay let me know if it works.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 05:14:39 pm by arclance »
Sigtext

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi, just a little oddity.

I had set coffers to be built using your plugin and all seemed fine, but then i went back to check on progress(i had containers being set in my bedrooms, wood & stone only using your planning mod) and noticed it'd stopped, it turned out that somehow the Box, Stone job listed under "m" had just changed to Box with no material and so all containers were being included(bags) in the limit count. Checking other jobs now, my doors, tables and chairs have also lost their material.

Have removed all the dodgy jobs and re-set them up, all materials as i'd expect them atm will keep an eye and see if they vanish again.

Edit: speeling
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:05:52 am by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, that's a bit weird. I haven't heard of that happening before. It sounds like something affecting the underlying workflow functionality (this plugin just adds a workshop UI and the dashboard). Hopefully it's just a transient problem. Let me know if it happens again.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This still happens on rock items fyi set to be built at my masons, i think i'll remove the masons and re-build them and see how that goes. Last time it only effected tables. I thought for a while it may be related to when i save and exit between sessions, not 100% sure though.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This still happens on rock items fyi set to be built at my masons, i think i'll remove the masons and re-build them and see how that goes. Last time it only effected tables. I thought for a while it may be related to when i save and exit between sessions, not 100% sure though.

Is this with Accelerated Modest Mod as well? If so it might be due to the material list being different to vanilla. I'll have to grab your savegame and debug it through the mod.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah sorry should have mentioned that, it is with AMM.

I'll upload a save now for you, but i'm not mega bothered i can easily re-add the jobs :)

The fort is pretty new, and is the 1st time i've played in months so it's a big mess as i try and remember things :) 1st time using any mod also or plugins. I'll PM you a link when it's finished uploading.
As luck would have it it seems Tables and Coffins at my masons have lost the Rock material again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10