Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 78335 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Falconne, you are one brilliant motherfucker.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got stuck on this screen :

http://tharg.co.uk/Dwarf_Fortress/images/StuckWorkflow.png

No keys seem to do anything.  I can record a macro and load it etc. though but I think that's it.

Hmm that's odd... does this happen any time you go to add or edit materials? Have you been able to use the add/edit screen successfully before?

Also, are you a modified or old version of the plugin? That screen seems to be missing the "Search" option and the green selection box... I don't know how that can happen...
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Tharg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I compiled it from your github repository because I had some issues previously (getting autobutcher to work along with another of your plugins, I think autobutcher was broken in the version I had).  It was the first time I'd looked at that screen (trying to figure out if I could get meals automated).  I'd been searching, scrolling, all sorts.  I'm afraid I don't know exactly what sequence led to the problem.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also got stuck on the editing screen. Had it happen several times while just browsing through the options without actually selecting anything. opening the inventory manager (Ctrl+M) does work though and opens a new UI. But when i leave that, i am back at the stuck screen again.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did some research on what caused the stuck menu.

I am now able to consistently reproduce the bug and found out what causes it.

In the "add" as well as in the "edit" menu, it is possible to move the cursor out of the tables ( left when on the outer left column, right when on the outer right column) This causes the menu to crash, making it impossible to close or interact with it in any way. Until this is fixed operate this menues very carefully, as getting stuck there can cause you to lose a lot of progress in your fortress. It is not possible to quicksave (dfhack) from this point

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah cool, thanks. Just fixed it. I'll upload a new version soon.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its simple things like that that one always misses when coding :D

Thank you for fixing it, yet again :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hi, just got a report about crashes that might be related to this.

What do you need?
My steps to repeat are pretty straightforward. Hitting any of the binds for the commands under the "Enable Tracking" menu after the workflow plugin is activated while an item remains in the workshop queue causes a crash.
The queue doesn't need to be full, it's just hitting any of those binds while workflow is active but tracking isn't enabled.
Basically:
Add any item to the queue.
Enable Workflow.
Hit a bind associated with a command associated with "Tracking" while "Tracking" is disabled. Default examples:(l,g,t,n)
If I had to guess, I'd say the control inputs for those commands aren't respecting the state of "Tracking".
I don't know who's responsible for the plugin, but there are several oddities with it. Canceling an item in the queue after Tracking has been enabled once suspends the item instead of deleting it, even if you disable Tracking. I don't know what the intended functionality of this system is, but it seems like a bug.
*Disambiguated some of my wording.
**For now, I've just removed the workflow plugin from \hack\plugins and haven't run into any other crashes since.

I also got a second report about a crash from pressing the "n" button in most workshop that have a full queue, and a reaction linked to the key "n". (example: making 10 bins in the carpenter, then pressing "n" will crash the game) I got a safe from that and was able to replicate the crash. Arclance tried on a linux machine, couldnt replicate the crash.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've already fixed the bug with not checking if tracking is enabled for the limit hotkeys in my branch. It will be available there in the next upload. I'll take a look at the n key crash too, looks like another case of the plugin checking for hotkeys when it shouldn't.

As for his case of the job getting re-added as suspended, that's existing functionality in the workflow plugin. If jobs that are marked for repeat get deleted for any reason, the plugin re-adds them in suspended mode. To remove them you have to disable the repeat mode first.

This was to prevent the game from automatically deleting jobs you put on repeat for reasons such as running out of materials. The base functionality doesn't detect whether it's the game that removes them or if the player does, it just re-adds them regardless.

I could modify that behaviour in my version... make it so that if the player cancels the job then it gets removed even if repeat is enabled. I can't think of any adverse effects that would have offhand.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Very good. Nice to see one more bug squashed. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just uploaded v0.5, this should prevent the hotkeys from being read when tracking is not on. Meph, if you have reproduced the crash on a save, try it again with this new version: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7272

Deep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

great work man this is a very welcome thing, thanks for making it!

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

falconne, i just wanted to say you rule. this makes df infinitely more playable. win.
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Deep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

This is really really good, Its great that people make stuff like this and then share it with the community. Thanks indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10