Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'm going to make a mod! AND YOU GOTTA HELP US!  (Read 2517 times)

Zucchini

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-Purpose Vegetable
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to make a mod! AND YOU GOTTA HELP US!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 02:46:13 am »

This sort of thing looks very exciting.  While I'm, again, learning from the ground up, I was actually just starting on Agartha when I saw your post, Admiral_Aorta.  And stopped.  Which is really okay, since I'd only gotten as far as woohoo removing eyebrows and hair and trying to figure out how to implement gill frills. :D

I'd definitely love to see the code, if nothing else than to learn.  Agarthans should be interesting, given the constant growing.  I want to eventually tackle Lanka if someone more competent doesn't eventually, but that's not exactly starting small...
I want to take the ears off, but I can't.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 04:51:18 pm »

WHOOPS! Well now I guess my Abysians are a bit bigger. It works for me! :D

Also, on the poison. I assume C'Tissians have a poisonous bite, given their part resistance and lizardly heritage.

Admiral_Aorta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 04:59:09 pm »

They don't have one though, they're just partially immune because they live in a swamp filled with all kinds of nasty poisons. Very few real lizards are poisonous.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 05:43:19 pm »

Oh well! :D I assumed they had one, but were too civilized / scared to use it in combat. But... but I have to get *close*...

Another bit where I'll deviate from lore, I guess!  :)

How far are you along now, Admiral? :)

Admiral_Aorta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:23 pm »

R'lyeh is nearing completion, with aboleths/polypal mothers, starspawns and shambler thralls done. I've added several weapons that needed to be added, such as tridents, staves and clubs. I am getting a weird crash during world gen sometimes though, which seems to be caused by the R'yleh entity, but it doesn't always happen and I've had worlds generate fine with R'yleh civilisations being placed, so I dunno what the problem is.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 07:29:14 pm »

I'm guessing errorlog.txt is proving useless?

Perhaps the problem is caused by a rare caste or a rare interaction?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 02:29:16 pm »

Update on progress!

Just working through Aby's Entity Raws. It isn't as easy as it used to be to find stuff on the wiki - or maybe I'm just old...

Does anyone have a template for a stat - modifying interaction? I want my warlocks to buff allies and debuff enemies.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 02:38:16 pm »

Update on progress!

Just working through Aby's Entity Raws. It isn't as easy as it used to be to find stuff on the wiki - or maybe I'm just old...

Does anyone have a template for a stat - modifying interaction? I want my warlocks to buff allies and debuff enemies.

Which stats?

You really don't need a template--the syndrome article should give you all you need. What you want is probably CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE, CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE and CE_BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 02:42:43 pm »

I've done syndrome's before, but I'm a novice at interactions. :)

Well, ideally I was going to do a fireball, a buff that increases strength and toughness but reduces endurance, and debuff which reduces strength and toughness, and I was planning on some sort of [SELECT_TARGET_MATERIAL:TISSUE:BLOOD] [SET_TEMP:18000] (obviously incorrect) on a long cooldown to burn someone from the inside - out. :P

Warlocks is powerful. :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:46:12 pm by Korbac »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 03:10:53 pm »

Interactions are literally the same thing as syndromes with some target things on top.

That second thing isn't possible, but the strength and toughness stuff is.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 09:01:57 am »

It probably won't because of its METAL and HARD tags.
I remember that I once made a race that only had masks and helms for headwear. They all had iron, copper, bronze, etc, masks.
I'm not sure what it is in the masks that makes them preferable over helms for hats, but use it in all of the articles of clothing.

They don't have one though, they're just partially immune because they live in a swamp filled with all kinds of nasty poisons.
Unless the C'Tissians are Gila monsters or Mexican banded lizards, neither of which live in particularly swampy regions, Aorta is right.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3]