Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Sui Generis - kickstarter Action RPG with procedural animations  (Read 27043 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Sui Generis - kickstarter Action RPG with procedural animations
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2015, 01:11:13 pm »

Uh oh. Just got my first two crashes in quick succession.
Might just be my computer's acting up, but still..
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Defacto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »

So... I recently bought this, I've only played 7 hours so far... but woah. How did I not hear of this earlier? Physics-based fighting!
Sure, the fighting (and the walking. And pretty much every other interaction with the body) does look like a drunken brawl most of the time, but this still is such a huge step up from... well pretty much any fighting game I've ever played. WoTR's ''Run around with pollaxe over your head'' or Chivalry's canned swing animations now feel completely ridicilous. I think that the only thing that can compare is KC:Deliverance, but that one does not have combat available to the public yet.

I also like the level design of the dungeon-crawler mode. I think the devs maybe even tried to make a point, by having you start by going through the lumber storages, magazines and bathrooms before having you learn more about what this underground complex is about. I like it! I thought Skyrim's dungeons were interesting, in that they usually had a backstory, and at least some purpose beyond being an intricate maze for the players to navigate, but this is another level. I hope areas in the future Sui Generis holds the same quality!

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2015, 09:46:21 am »

Posting to say the game just got updated. They've improved the animations and movement and made a few other improvements and fixes. I can't for the life of me find a changelog.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/362490/announcements/detail/169228405149764139
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2015, 08:06:48 pm »

Another update, another animation/movement improvement.

It seems easier. Hammer in particular feels a lot stronger- just throws opponents around, does more damage.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2015, 12:49:49 am »

Also changes to levels (more unique areas, less maze-like), added puzzles, persistent skill progression (only melee for now), and some new equipment here and there.

Full description.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:53:31 am by Virtz »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2016, 01:02:05 pm »

Watching Jef Major play some Exanima convinced me to pick it up and...ugh. This game's control scheme is just incredibly unintuitive for me. Or at least so at odds with my muscle memory from other games that I constantly get screwed up. The fact that left/right changes constantly as your character turns around makes it the worst, I think, since the cursor is used both to point your character and determine attacks. I keep ending up going the wrong way and walking right into an attack.

I really want to like this but playing this game is one of the more frustrating experiences I've had in a long time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »

It takes a while to get used to.  I'd suggest sticking to arena mode until you can reliably breeze your way through it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:13 pm »

It takes a while to get used to.  I'd suggest sticking to arena mode until you can reliably breeze your way through it.

I am in arena mode. It's just a really frustrating control scheme.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »

So this game has gone through some major overhauls in the last few months.  New arena is nice, though lacking some quality of life features.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2016, 04:02:51 pm »

They've also added in different starting characters with different starting equipment sets for the campaign mode. For now it's kind of just a difficulty setting, with the knight being easy mode (tho the Dark Souls eventually starts regardless). Also more campaign content.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2016, 12:46:03 am »

I love this game. Never played such amazing physicbased combat. Sadly, there is still no Minimap for Dungeon-Mode...

Here a little montagevideo I made, from the last version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRMs4D2Cx8
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »

Picked it up, its pretty great. Combat system kiiiind of reminds me of silver, except way better, which is a good thing. I just wish you could do more complex moves, but the game is pretty great as it is already, also runs surprisingly well for something on beta that looks so nice.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2016, 01:55:01 pm »

Holy crap, I was just thinking about this the other day. Glad to see it came to fruition.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2016, 12:04:35 pm »

Exanima got another update a few days ago. Arena focused this time.

Looks like some new equipment, a new skill (Duel wielding), some sort of Ogre fight which I haven't tried yet, and a bunch of engine improvements from the looks of the patch notes. Oh, and you can hire merchants now (a second merchant who you can tell to focus on specific tier equipment, very handy) as well as higher level AI warriors to fight with you. No more starting over with inept when your hirelings die!

Duel Wielding is pretty fun. You can't get it until you're at least Novice since it requires a few combat skills already to unlock, but it's fun. And reasonably powerful, although of course not as safe as using a shield. I've only done a few fights with it so far, but I'm liking it. We'll have to see how well it holds up as you fight more armored opponents, although I could see a Sword/Mace combo being pretty powerful.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2016, 08:17:15 pm »

Yeah, dual-wielding is fun. Great offensive potential with the ability to swing and hit with one hand, and then immediately do the same with the other hand. Also nice defensive boost what with having the one weapon free to parry while you're attacking with the other.

Against armored opponents, a nice spiked mace is of course always gonna put a little hurt on them. The really nice thing about dual-wielding is that you can have one nut-cracker weapon for heavily armored dudes and one slashing/whatever weapon for the slightly more lightly-armed ones. Sword is nice because it's good at thrusting, and the right-hand weapon is always the one used for thrusting.

I've been trying to do the nudist challenge through the practice arenas, but it hasn't been going too well... I've made it through the novice challenges just fine, but the expert fighters tend to cut me down fairly quickly. Doesn't help me that they'll happily just suck up one of my strikes while still landing one of their own, and when you're not wearing any armor those little slices tend to hurt quite a bit...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14