Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: would clowns attack gobbos?  (Read 822 times)

goblolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
would clowns attack gobbos?
« on: November 06, 2012, 04:09:28 am »

what if i break into circus and let clowns get to the surface during siege? Will they attack goblins. Or wild animals?

If they will, then I have a decent defence plan!
At first, we should build a watchtower with some chicks chained inside it, then get one suicide miner inside and lock the entrance with wall. The miner should channel down to candyland and free the clowns. After eating the miner, clowns go up to eat chicks and probably will stay in tower, spitting fireballs and brething fire at invaders.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:16:19 am by goblolo »
The first small thing that made me feel awesome was my indoor waterfall. A few minutes later though, it started flooding my fort so I felt less awesome.

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: would clowns attack goblos?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:12:40 am »

Weaponizing hell.

Cool

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: would clowns attack gobbos?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 05:06:34 am »

In older version, they'd seek and hunt anything not them. I have no idea how they works for that purpose in 34. though!

ThurisLord

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:REFUSE_TO_EAT_CHOCOLATE:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:12:18 am »

I honestly have no idea. They will most likely attack the goblins. The only things I think they won't attack are undead. Will try !!for science!! once I learn the game more. Will most likely need artifact door and nether cap / cotton candy walls to keep them out of the fort.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON] ...

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:21 am »

I honestly have no idea. They will most likely attack the goblins. The only things I think they won't attack are undead. Will try !!for science!! once I learn the game more. Will most likely need artifact door and nether cap / cotton candy walls to keep them out of the fort.

Nah, just make sure your for entrance is locked with a drawbridge or goes up through a hatch.

Demons will attack anything that isn't a demon. They definitely attack undead, although research must be done to see if they go for titans or FBs. If there aren't any creatures to attack, they should path-find to any destroyable buildings. You may not even need living targets in your tower.

Surround the tower with drawbridges outside the fortifications so that the demon line of fire can be turned on and off.

Make the tower's entrance to the underworld go through a short upside down u bend (n bend?) with a lever controlled hatch at each end so demons will get trapped inside, and the outside ones can't break the trapdoor.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:07 am »

They definitely didn't go after forgotten beasts in version 0.31 - I had a few fortresses from back then which revealed HFS, after which forgotten beasts started arriving down there as well, and they got along just fine.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 10:30:29 am »

They definitely didn't go after forgotten beasts in version 0.31 - I had a few fortresses from back then which revealed HFS, after which forgotten beasts started arriving down there as well, and they got along just fine.
Yeah. I'm fairly certain most randomly generated creatures (with the big ones being HFS, FB's, and titans) all get along together fairly well. I'm not sure if randomly generated night creatures fall into that category or not as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

kuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »

i... this is an unbelievably cool idea. a switchable demon turret. if this works, it certainly belongs on the wiki, no? *goes off to try and build one*

goblolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 12:28:37 am »

if it work, I'll put it to the "stupid dwarf trick" section!
The first small thing that made me feel awesome was my indoor waterfall. A few minutes later though, it started flooding my fort so I felt less awesome.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 08:48:51 am »

Bonus points if you upgrade this to demon plumbing to make a refuse incinerator, lignite bin igniter and a room in which your nobility can liase with their demonic overlords face to face.

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 08:49:58 am »

Doubly so if you can find a way of separating fire demons from ice ones to quite literally have hot and cold running demons.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 08:59:16 am »

A word of warning, locked up clowns with no targets to path to will murder your FPS by raping pathfinding algorythm every tick. So decide yourself wether it is worth it or not.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository