Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Elite - Dangerous  (Read 53530 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elite - Dangerous
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2017, 08:04:52 pm »

Seen some of the videos, wonder is some one scanned the highwake and started following them around.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2017, 06:31:40 am »

Seen some of the videos, wonder is some one scanned the highwake and started following them around.
When you scan the wake you get 'unknown wake' data. If you attempt to engage the FSD with it, it just malfunctions and will not engage.

I saw a video with a better view of the alien ship jumping and it looks a lot like the capital ship jump drives where a large dark mass appears and the ship floats into it, rather than the small ship FSD most other ships use which emits a flash of light as the ship jumps.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2017, 09:01:02 am »

sword of the stars 2.
i still love it and it it became enjoyable in the end (tho it still hurts to see what could have been and never will be)
still, it deffo is the worst sequel ever if one considers the state it was in when released.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2017, 06:19:25 pm »

So, are Thargoids still the good guys, as of First Encounters?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2017, 06:26:34 pm »

Good guys?

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2017, 10:43:48 pm »

Thargoids have never been good.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »

Day 1

Buys game.

"Well, let's see what this is all ab---"

Flies straight into a meteor and puts the game down.

Day 2

"All right, so it has a learning curb. That's fine. I can do this."

Plays for ten minutes.

"Hey, I think I'm getting the hang of this. I just need to practice, consistently!"

Puts game down, finds something more immediately gratifying, and never plays again.

I tell myself it's not the game for me, but it looks cool as hell and as a concept sounds incredibly fun, so I wish it were. :P

For motivation's sake, when you actually become competent enough to fly, is the gameplay relatively engaging or frenetic, or is it like X2, where people actually play other games while they play?

Maybe if there were mandatory roleplay servers, or you could just man a turret or disseminate data while someone piloted. :)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2017, 07:05:07 am »

Multicrew is one of the things coming soonish, so you'll be able to crew someone else's ship with them and handle turrets or engineering or whatever. Perhaps that will help.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2017, 09:19:06 am »

I'm going to get it on the first sale after multi-crew. It's the one thing that I've always wanted in a space game, and I believe they might be able to pull it off to make it enjoyable - sure it'll still be a grind, but I can imagine it'll be a much more fun one.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2017, 01:19:03 pm »

Good guys?

Thargoids have never been good.

Well, yeah, actually, they were minding their own business, looking for planets to colonize, having a skirmish here and there (which silly humans thought was a full-scale war but was actually just like 0.01% of the Thargoid population being naughty) but then they got genocided by some human-made fungus.

Also they give you a cool ship that blows stuff good, which is great and makes them really cool guys.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2017, 03:02:38 pm »

You some kinda bug-lover? -squints suspiciously-

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2017, 09:35:00 pm »

Throw him into the next shipment of edible poets!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:28 pm »

Behold! Just an ordinary mammal pilot! Absolutely nothing suspicious going on!

*dons hat and nose glasses and launches in a definitely not Thargoid-looking spaceship*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2017, 12:49:43 am »

So is multi-crew stuff going to be a Horizons thing, or available to everyone?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2017, 12:53:29 am »

So is multi-crew stuff going to be a Horizons thing, or available to everyone?

I'm not 100% sure, but it'd make sense for it to be in a second horizons thing. The season passes thing is an absolutely awful business model, but as they've gone own that route I'm assuming they'll stick to it. Some people bought a season pass, so I imagine that they need to put out another pack or two to make it worth while for them.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23