Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Elite - Dangerous  (Read 53512 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Elite - Dangerous
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

You have the T-Flight or the Warthog? I've got the former, but I've resorted to using the POV nub for pitch because the stick isn't sensitive enough for dogfighting. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2015, 05:52:50 pm »

You have the T-Flight or the Warthog? I've got the former, but I've resorted to using the POV nub for pitch because the stick isn't sensitive enough for dogfighting. :|
That's kind of amazing.

I have a Seitek X45. It's old but I've kept it in very good condition.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2015, 06:05:04 pm »

That's kind of amazing.

I have a Seitek X45. It's old but I've kept it in very good condition.
Ooh, I've heard good things about those, but I couldn't find one new.

But yeah, the throttle is great on the T-Flight, and the stick is good enough for flying (and for the broad strokes of dogfighting), but there's no way in hell I'd be able to line up a shot without using the POV nub and the yaw bar on the throttle, even with gimballed guns. I've gone through pretty much every combination of stick tightness and in-game settings that I could think of, no dice.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2015, 01:34:04 pm »

Been playing recently. I made ~1 million credits last night doing a rare goods circuit in my type-6.

The game is quite a bit of fun imo, and I like that even simple things like travel and docking are dangerous and require some skill and attention. Even simple cargo runs can become 'interesting' when suddenly an NPC in a type-9 gets stuck in the station entrance because another npc in a cobra was trying to exit and now they're making a baby sidewinder in public meanwhile I am staring at the exit clock hoping I can slip out somehow before the station decides I am a threat.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2015, 06:53:47 pm »

the devs are working heavily on making the background simulator work, ie players actions changing the balance of power in solar systems etc.  its not entirely functional buti n a month it will add a multiplayer player influencing the environment aspect to the game

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »

any bay 12ers playing, if so come on up to the pand solar system and help support our favourite purple central industries group

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2015, 10:21:31 pm »

There's always Play With Your Buddies, too, if you want a thread specifically for working together.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2015, 05:53:10 pm »

the biggest game on steam last week and no discussion here, well heres a little kickstart, the purple central industries group has achieved results with the background simulation.  We have pushed into a second solar system, if there are any elite players here who want to help out a fringe system with not much trade but plenty of npc pirates to shoot at for rapid gain in elite status towards combat elite we are the system to be.

bay 12 members are welcome to make this the kind of offical group outside of the 3 major factions our website has information and discussion forums http://pci.freeforums.net/

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2015, 05:25:43 pm »

the pand group has succeeded in taking more influence in the orokudrumla system ( a great bit of RP) and if theres any bay 12ers playing elite, we are helping keep a easy boring game ( until the 1.3 expansion hits) So if youre ingame feel free to come and visit us

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2015, 12:39:02 am »

15 enemy type 9 lakons have been blown up today.  Signalling a trde interdiction strategy that is successful

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2015, 04:38:16 pm »

the 1.3 annoucement in less than 48 hours

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2015, 04:39:39 pm »

the 1.3 annoucement in less than 48 hours
-excited-

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2015, 04:51:28 pm »

forsaken feel free to bring us some rare goods in pand.  We could turn this purple central industries group ive setup to expand a minor faction via background sim interaction into the bay 12 group ( its indepdant so its outside the empires making it netural)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2015, 10:14:52 pm »

forsaken feel free to bring us some rare goods in pand.  We could turn this purple central industries group ive setup to expand a minor faction via background sim interaction into the bay 12 group ( its indepdant so its outside the empires making it netural)
might do that. I need to earn a bit more first so I can afford to outfit a second ship

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2015, 04:46:18 pm »

This felt relevant.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23