Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: You Are The Vessel For Horrific Demons  (Read 32286 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are The Vessel For Horrific Demons
« Reply #240 on: November 07, 2012, 07:38:29 am »

((I am going to note that from what Fniff has been saying, this is more of a lovecraftian universe, so talking in terms of christian centric or other standard mythologies are probably going to be incorrect).
If there is some being faking being the Judeo-Christian God who could kill any one of us in a fight, we'll still have something.
After all, the difference between a religion and a cult is popularity. Well, the biggest and most certain difference at least...

All the vessels I've been in have died fast because of idiots that charged and killed everything in sight then got a (#1) giant crossbow bolt to the face (#2)  got explosion stuffed inside them (#3) hammer to groin. So does anyone know more about what happens if the host has a child
You failed Mortal Biology 101, didn't you? It's not going to be an issue here.

Anyway, I suggest we try living our host's life normally for z little while and figure out what resources he has access to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 07, 2012, 09:23:59 am »

Comrades, I formulated a plan while you discussed trivial matters. A plan that will easily grant us followers and powers. From what I've gathered, there are some that believe that the world will end this year. If we were to start preaching that there were... great spirits (that's us) that could prevent that if worshipped enough, we could easily form a cult based on worshipping us. And when the world doesn't end, we'll be their saviours. And those that don't believe the words of our host will just think him mad and ignore him. It's perfect, I tell you.

((This text looks awesome))
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2012, 11:40:20 am »

"It lacks the punch of say, our current plan to find a library, a car, and a virgin.... We would do better with smarter, powerful minions right now. Maybe after we have a few Lamiae? A cult isn't very good for our goals right NOW."
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2012, 11:42:02 am »

Yes. Minions first.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2012, 11:42:48 am »

"Look, why don't we see what Terry can do for us. I'm sure he's got plenty of contacts and other things."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »

"It lacks the punch of say, our current plan to find a library, a car, and a virgin.... We would do better with smarter, powerful minions right now. Maybe after we have a few Lamiae? A cult isn't very good for our goals right NOW."

You forgot the snake eggs.

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2012, 01:34:57 pm »

Yes. You're right. You. The host. Go get snake eggs.
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2012, 03:32:05 pm »

All the vessels I've been in have died fast because of idiots that charged and killed everything in sight then got a (#1) giant crossbow bolt to the face (#2)  got explosion stuffed inside them (#3) hammer to groin. So does anyone know more about what happens if the host has a child
Whoah whoah whoah, you're not me!
((You need a different color bro.))

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2012, 03:54:31 pm »

Yes. You're right. You. The host. Go get snake eggs.
Where do you expect to find snake eggs at such short notice? I guess we could try the zoo's reptile exhibit, but it still seems like too much trouble.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2012, 03:56:23 pm »

"Library, then car, then pet store? Then zoo, or Virgin."
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 07, 2012, 03:57:33 pm »

"Library, then car, then pet store? Then zoo, or Virgin."
Surely we can find more than one virgin, perhaps one at the library or zoo?  That would cut down on travel.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 07, 2012, 04:19:44 pm »

Perhaps a convent? Don't they have that whole abstaining from fleshy pleasures thing?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:23 pm »

Perhaps a convent? Don't they have that whole abstaining from fleshy pleasures thing?
They also have that whole "Church" thing. It'd be pretty obvious if someone who dedicated their life disappeared.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »

(This takes place in a pretty horrific universe. Imagine the worst of the Christian mythos combined with Lovecraft and the worst of every other mythology.)

You get off the bed casually, walk over to your desk and take your switchblade out of the drawer. Then you put it your wrist.

"Righto, then." you say. "All of you shut up about chickens, or I kill myself."

They are silent.

"I see we have an understanding. Now, I'm not a very good person. I can take spreading apocalyptic plagues and sacrificing virgins. That's fine by me. But, when you mess around with me... I'm not going to go with that. You need me. And I'm not going to take any more of your infernal shit."

You think they get the point. You put the switchblade in your pocket, along with your wallet. You sit down and check the news. They seem to have noticed a "previously unnoticed disease". You look out the window. Doesn't appear to be much plague victims stumbling around and weeping blood. That's very annoying. You then search for more arcane spells to use. You find one on an almost black site, only showing the spell.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Better not use that one.

You walk out of your apartment building and head down to your library. You search around it, and find an interesting bit of knowledge in a very old and ignored looking book at the very back aisle. Fire weakens lamias. That could be useful for keeping in line. Now, you have to find a car. Luckily, one of your friends recently died and left you in his will a car in a garage in the center of town. You didn't find much use for it up until now, so you should check that out. You head to the garage and open it with the keycard you were keeping in your wallet. Inside, you find...

A cool looking sports car. You grin and step into it, and start her up. She purrs like a kitten. You drive out of the garage, laughing all the way. Oh, Vinnie, you were a total bastard but this made it all worth it! Right, where could you get snake eggs? A zoo, you guess? Yes, that should do. You head to the nearest zoo. You stop, and see it's mostly empty. Hm... How are you going to get the eggs, however? This is a tough one...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

Debilitate this man's crotch. Give him pusing sores that make him beg for death. Encircle his Shaft in warts and blisters, bleeding. We are in charge here.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48