Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48

Author Topic: You Are The Vessel For Horrific Demons  (Read 32147 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are The Vessel For Horrific Demons
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2012, 02:16:47 pm »

We could also be in:
Antigua, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dominica, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Grenada, Guyana, Hong Kong, Jamaica, Kiribati, Liberia, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Saint Kitts, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Singapore   , Solomon Islands, Suriname, Taiwan, Trinidad or Tuvalu.

They all apparently use dollars

Do they speak english there?
Fairly certain Canada does.  Also pretty sure we're in North America.  But we could just be an english speaking district.  Or maybe it wasn't English, we can all speak different languages, since we're different demons from different parts of the world. What was the shopowner's accent?  That's the best way to tell.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2012, 02:18:18 pm »

(Right, time to talk about spells. You can cast any spell you like with your arcane demon-caused sorcery, but the problem being that there's a random chance your powers will simply not work, or even backfire. Spells can only be used in specific circumstances or have specific uses, and have a recharge time, however they will always work.)

You read the whole thing. You learn a lot of things.

A lot of bad things you really didn't want to know.

Such as the fact that your universe lies on a razor's edge, in an infinite multiverse. The concept of a multiverse is already pretty bad (If you think about it), but it also turns out that your universe is entirely likely to die at any second due to an invasion by either an insane anthromorphic summarization of madness and chaos in a spiffy trenchcoat or something wearing a black cloak and a bone-white plague doctor's mask. Both of them do not have very nice goals for humanity. You learn a few things, though. An arcane spell that the book says will be highly useful, for instance.

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Shuddering, you stumble out of the shop and head down to the better shop. By the time you arrive, it's thirty minutes later. It's a long walk from your apartment to the main part of town. You head into the supermarket and look around for the weird cravings the whisperers require. You find basically all of them (Excluding the souls), piling the random items into a trolley and heading to the counter. The clerk scans the items then looks at his computer. "Right, $87.99 dollars, sir." He smiles at you.

His accent is vaguely Mexician, if you're (Or they're) curious, and you're (Or they're) in America. Still doesn't solve the problem...

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2012, 02:20:52 pm »

Another voice clears through the clutter.

"Ah, good to be settled in. Ahem! Infect him, and take the money and the trolley. Let him distract the others. Maybe he'll cause a plague. That would be fun. Use the RED DEATH!"
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
  • My destiny is a giant ROCK!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2012, 02:22:09 pm »

Plague! PLAUGE! 8D
)( Pisces and proud of it. )(
Just so you know, I'm a girl.
Songs of the Strawberry Trees~My suggestion game!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2012, 02:26:08 pm »

Yes! Plague him! And then run away with your goods before you can get infected! As much fun as being a shambling horror can be we have stuff to do today.

Hopefully the counter will stop him for 1 turn so that we can recover and escape.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:28:22 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

Stealthily plague him, and walk out nonchalantly whistling.
((And it is "They."  There are many of us, all in the same place.  And I our host isn't making any real decisions himself.  He is just a vessel for us.   And a way to get snacks.))

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »

You grin at him. He seems to be slightly nervous. You turn around and start driving the trolley out of the supermarket. He shouts something and tries to get over the counter, but then falls to the ground. Turning your head as you walk whistling, you can see he is twisting and attempting to scream as his throat fills up with blood while he chokes on his own lungs. Suddenly he gets up, deathly pale with the whitest eyes. Blood begins to leak out of his eyes, mouth and nose as he inhales and exhales slowly and raggedly. Unluckily, there is no-one else in the store... but hopefully there should be soon. You wheel out of the shop and consider what to do next as the shopkeeper pointlessly bangs on the door, screaming and moaning alternately.

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2012, 02:39:20 pm »

Hm. You should ditch the cart and just carry the stuff.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2012, 02:44:30 pm »

Return home in a nonchalant manner. If the police are still hanging around act surprised. If they press and seem suspicious direct them to the store the shambling horror is in. Hopefully they'll get infected. If they persist in bugging you red death them.

What to do with the shit we bought:

*Mix the smoked salmon, milk, cheetos, lemon juice and mayonnaise into a unholy brew.
*Mix booze with mustard, drink the mustardbooze
*draw a septagram with the salt and some of your own and the chicken's blood
*hammer nails into each of the points of the septagram
*place ranch dressing on chicken. cook and eat chicken
*place unholy brew as offering in septagram
*attempt to spout random nonsense in order to summon demonsGAIN POWER while standing by the septagram, alternatively go with classics from lovecraft
*be prepared to offer them devil cake to appease demonPOWERS

this can only well. and by well I mean in a way that amuses me.

Where in America are we? North America? South Amerca? Brazil? Peru? Canada? Mexico? Chile? USA?

we would be the correct way to refer to ourselves this one thinks.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:21:17 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »

"We don't need more demons, we need power! Begin ritual with the supplies, to grant us more power, fool!"
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

Jellycat12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2012, 03:02:29 pm »

Yes. POWER!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2012, 03:16:48 pm »

We must mix all ingredients and consume the result. That will grant us power!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »

"Nooooo... Too risky, it might kill our host!"

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2012, 03:21:32 pm »

C'mon, Terry's a strong young man, I'm sure he'll survive.
He'll even be stronger for it. Or he'll vomit, I forget how these mortals work.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

I really don't care as long as we can eat the chicken at some point. I really must recharge.

We should look up evil rituals to do. Maybe the cultists have a book?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:29:40 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 48