Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire Mayor Dispatched  (Read 1322 times)

zahmir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire Mayor Dispatched
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:20:53 pm »

As I understand vampires are not unusual. But I just got my first one the other day. 

I also understand that, once a vampire has been so graciously bestowed upon my struggling outpost by the Mountainhome, it is not unusual for said vampire to become mayor.  He was slowly destroying my fortress, one sleeping dwarf at a time.   Finally, I had it. I drafted him into my army and sent him to tackle the FB lurking in my caverns alone. He was intercepted, unfortunately, by a Giant Spider, webbed, and ambushed by a squad of Batmen. I subsequently sent in my 30-man strong army to take care of the distracted Giant Spider, the Batmen squad (11-strong) and the FB, which was nowhere to be found. I suffered no losses, except for my vampire mayor. 

All in a day's work. 

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Mayor Dispatched
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:02 pm »

I sent mine as an explorer unarmored into the caverns. He he was basically ripped in half by a giant bat. I never cared about his rotting remains.

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:02 pm »

Most of my undesirables get "volunteered" for exploration duty, using a military uniform that has nothing but a wooden training spear, exact matches and replace clothing enabled.

Taking on a cave troll bare-beard naked with a pointed stick, that's how you deal with vampires.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:47:18 pm »

I sent mine as an explorer unarmored into the caverns. He he was basically ripped in half by a giant bat. I never cared about his rotting remains.
I'm fairly sure that vampires, can come back as vampire ghosts.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 02:48:28 pm »

I'm fairly sure that vampires, can come back as vampire ghosts.

Yeah but he didn't.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:10:06 pm »

I've found that vampires make excellent explorers/accountants. I even accidentally trained one into a Legendary swordsman by sending him after an antman infestation.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:12:49 pm »

I have my Vampire queen ready as an emergancy guardian of the populace.

Should something happen that my Dwarves can't handle alone, I shall send her in to save the day. Until then, she can chill in her Royal Bedroom and rue the day that she killed one of her guards.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 07:01:38 pm »

Mine was arrested for her crimes and put in jail. I locked her in there and filled her cell with rotting corpses beforehand :P using her as a lifeline.
If the rest of the fort falls, she'll stay alive long enough to let new migrants show up and start fixing the fort :)

Decimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:01 pm »

I walled my vampire into the magma piping while it was under construction.  Vampires produce a surprising amount of smoke.
Quote from: Duke 2.0
Urist McMood: Must have... Glass!
 Kogan McHauler: We were able to get a few pieces from some encrusted trinkets. Hopefully, thats al-Oh CRAP we don't have any fuel!
 Urist McMood: That won't be a problem...
 *Starts bending metal with his bare hands*

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:03:39 pm »

My vampire boss usually functions as headmaster of the primary school.  I find them to be excellent administers of dwarven child care.

I should put a big room with desks for all the kids to sit in.  Maybe a gym.