Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should new ship designs be added in this version or should you have to wait until next round?

Keep the integrity of the game. No new ships this round. [No]
- 2 (33.3%)
Why not? I want new ships! [Yes]
- 3 (50%)
What's a ship? [No opinion]
- 1 (16.7%)
BA-BOOM! ROCKET!!! TO THE MOON! [Yes.]
- 0 (0%)
I don't want fancy whosawatchits. [No]
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 12, 2012, 09:02:46 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Space Economy Game  (Read 12986 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Economy Game
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2012, 07:14:21 pm »

Move H11 Mercantile ship to H12 and begin harvesting.

If both my home world and the new mining colony allow, make a Battle Cruiser (I should have just enough post-gathering by my math) and launch it to G10. Christen it the "TCBS Equinox".

Assemble the best combatants we have. I'm sure the large anomaly out in space is not just a nebula or something, and we need protection. I've commissioned an Equinox-class cruiser to defend our homeworld and colonies. Should any sentient being come within range of the cruiser, enact a "fire at will" policy. We are not to be trifled with.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2012, 07:27:02 pm »

Fun fact: YOu don't have the resources for that. Gathering takes place at the end of the turn. So adjust your turn accordingly.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2012, 07:41:43 pm »

Move H11 Mercantile ship to H12 and begin harvesting.

Hey, council. Did you know that the equinox is coming up? Aside from our normal celebration, I have a little something else planned. Our nation will be great, our world is to grow. Peaceful coexistence is a goal, of course, after all, we do enjoy our parties... and more cultures means more days off~
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2012, 07:45:09 pm »

I love the switch in tone haha I'll update here in a bit. Right now I'm doing something.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2012, 08:22:46 pm »

Spoiler: Tsuchigumo’s Actions (click to show/hide)

Current Map:

Next: ElfLove
HEADLINE NEWS
Reports from C3 have indicated that a massive plague has affected a majority of the planet. Only a great leader who acts will be able to save them. Experts speculate that without action the ENTIRE POPULATION WILL DIE OUT BY NEXT CENTURY[/b]. Experts further speculate that by this sunday it will be too late for anyone to stop the plague.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:25:05 pm by Nerjin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

Oh good, not me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2012, 08:26:11 pm »

Mini-panic attack GWG?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2012, 08:27:51 pm »

"Deadly plague? Oh cr...oh, wait, one planet. Oh, good, not mine. Oh, good, one less foe."

What haope s to resources if someone loses?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2012, 08:31:20 pm »

I'm assuming first one there gets as much as they can carry.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2012, 08:33:10 pm »

Hey. Council. My nose itched just now. I bet it has something to do with a massive apocalypse somewhere that will end up destroying a great part of civilization on a universal scale.

Or my nose itched.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2012, 08:34:09 pm »

Well for this one I'm gonna say that they get destroyed during the planetary riots.

However I make a proposal for future games: When a player drops out his loot is divided equally among remaining players IF the player has less than 10 of that resource. Otherwise... space tax or something makes them unobtainable.

Furthermore I propose the following:

Galactic Disasters: A once/twice a game occurance that happens at my leisure [or under certain un-named circumstances] that can be anything from the Sun going supernova [destroying several planets and making space travel impossible in its new radius. Maybe some other stuff. For now I like the sun idea.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2012, 08:45:56 pm »

Hey. Council. My nose itched just now. I bet it has something to do with a massive apocalypse somewhere that will end up destroying a great part of civilization on a universal scale.

Or my nose itched.

Lolz

Galactic Disasters: A once/twice a game occurance that happens at my leisure [or under certain un-named circumstances] that can be anything from the Sun going supernova [destroying several planets and making space travel impossible in its new radius. Maybe some other stuff. For now I like the sun idea.
How about a massive comet that travels through the map, destroying planets? Or wormholes that teleport ships/planets to random locations? Or a black hole that slowly sucks everything towards it? A race of old aliens with super powerful weapons?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2012, 08:51:14 pm »

Solar flares could disrupt ships and cause them to be stuck in place.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2012, 09:13:48 pm »

Where's the sun?
Sig

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2012, 09:21:15 pm »

How about a massive comet that travels through the map, destroying planets? Or wormholes that teleport ships/planets to random locations? Or a black hole that slowly sucks everything towards it? A race of old aliens with super powerful weapons?

Super-nova: The sun expands outwards by three spaces in each directions destroying everything it touches. Home-planets are destroyed as well and a new home-world needs to be chosen.

Comet: A massive comet starts at a random outer square and travels towards the sun at a rate of 3 spaces a turn. Anything it touches is destroyed. Ships that are in adjacent squares to it are also destroyed. The comet stops when it reaches the sun.

Wormhole: Two planets have become a worm-hole! Ships entering one worm-hole will be transported through the other.

Black Hole: The sun has collapsed! It is now a black hole. Planets and ships will move towards it at a rate of  spaces per century. Planetary collisions destroy each planet. Ship collisions destroy ships. Ship-planet collisions destroy the ship. When everything is absorbed the game ends and the winner is the one who came closest to victory conditions.

Where's the sun?

It will be added in the next game.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10