Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Should I Get an Avatar?  (Read 4491 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Should I Get an Avatar?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »

On the other hand, avatars without nudity have been warned against. If it may offend or otherwise discomfort people, it's best to avoid it.
Umm... I'm gonna assume you didn't mean that...  Oh who am I kidding, this is the internet.  You probably did.   :D

But yeah, I'm playing it safe.  On the sun card, there's a horse blocking the junk of some guy riding it though, so that's fine.  I think.

Think I've got it, crossing my fingers!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:19:03 pm by Thecard »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »

Well, they're pretty low-res, but I don't think that really matters, you can tell it's a tarot card.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »

On the other hand, avatars without nudity have been warned against. If it may offend or otherwise discomfort people, it's best to avoid it.
Umm... I'm gonna assume you didn't mean that...  Oh who am I kidding, this is the internet.  You probably did.   :D

But yeah, I'm playing it safe.  On the sun card, there's a horse blocking the junk of some guy riding it though, so that's fine.  I think.

When you said this the sun card was next to you. Looks more like a nsked boy riding a horse.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 10:25:24 pm »

When you said this the sun card was next to you. Looks more like a nsked boy riding a horse.
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about.  I looked at it, and the horse is blocking the business, but if you think it's kinda iffy, I can remove it.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 10:31:14 pm »

It took me a while to get this. No, they weren't warned against because they didn't have nudity. :P
The Sun card is just fine. Took me a while to get to it. Avatar rotations annoy me for this reason.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 10:33:26 pm »

I can make a penguin for you if you want.

What is the deal with all these fucking penguins?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 10:34:56 pm »

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about.  I looked at it, and the horse is blocking the business, but if you think it's kinda iffy, I can remove it.
Heh. Flying Dice had some desktop pictures up the Desktop thread a hell of a lot more exposing than that. You'll be fine.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 10:48:45 pm »

Awesome, I really didn't want to have to edit anything.  It's way to late to be doing that.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 12:47:04 am »

I would strongly recommend against finding the creepiest possible picture from a sex offender registry to use as an avatar; I know this from experience on another forum.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 12:49:01 am »

Hehehehe, tell us the story, please.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 12:49:26 am »

I would strongly recommend against finding the creepiest possible picture from a sex offender registry to use as an avatar; I know this from experience on another forum.
A) Why would you do that?
B) Why do I feel like I've heard you mention this before?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 01:01:11 am »

It does sound vaguely familiar to me as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 01:05:50 am »

I believe I remember that avatar. The dude started smiling at the guilty verdict, iirc (which isn't a particularly weird reaction I don't think, when you're under that kind of stress).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 03:44:24 am »

Not much of a story, just the peoples default attitudes towards people are influenced by it.

The pic I used wasn't smiling, it was more like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(but with a Santa-sized beard)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:10 am »

Ah, I'm thinking of something completely different then. Carry on.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4