Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dragon lair slaughter and egg question!  (Read 1344 times)

Sukiari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon lair slaughter and egg question!
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:29 pm »

So my second encounter with a dragon, ever, in adventure mode, went much better than my first.  First time around, the dragon lit me on fire and I died without even having a chance to do anything.

This time around, I had powered up my character for a while, acquired some buddies, and snuck in as my stupid companions just charged in.  They were all dead in short order, but they had managed to injure all three of the resident dragons.  I slowly enticed them to come near the lair's entrance and brained them when they peeped their head up.  I'm guessing dragonfire only works on one Z level because they never even got a chance to breathe on me.

Anyway, among the loot was a a worn crown and an earring, and a bunch of coins from around the world.  Those dragons get around!  Also, I found four dragon eggs.  Can I keep them in my pack and expect them to hatch eventually?  Or are they just food items / missile weapons?  It'd be neat to have a pet dragon in adventure mode.

eepkeep

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Yawner
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon lair slaughter and egg question!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 02:05:47 pm »

Unfortunately, you can't do anything with eggs (dragon or otherwise) at the moment in Adventure mode besides simply collecting them. You can't even eat them:

Also just FYI, you can block dragonfire if you have a shield. But it's much more Fun to go without.
Eepkeep cancels Build signature: Needs creativity

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:42:13 am »

But in dwarf mode you can mod eggs to actually hatch. Don't ask me how to do it just look online.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 06:54:37 am »

Oh geez, the idea of having Dragon pets in Adventure Mode is just awesome. You could see it grow and it could maybe accidentally burn you to death.

Hoping to get that feature in.
My post ends here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 02:09:20 am »

That would indeed be one awesome feature.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.