Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)  (Read 20072 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2012, 10:40:19 am »

All of the bosses could be megabesasts.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 01:07:15 pm »

Exactly, also, I messed up on my first idea post. Instead of bulbmin, its supposed to say bulborbs
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 01:30:18 pm »

If you end up adding Hocotatians as a trade relation civ they should trade Pik Pik Carrots as they aren't native to the Pikmin world.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »

If you end up adding Hocotatians as a trade relation civ they should trade Pik Pik Carrots as they aren't native to the Pikmin world.

Thats true, maybe instead of Pik Pik carrots being like plump helmets, maybe he could add in the little number flowers as the fastest growing edible plant  :)
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:54 pm »

Thats true, maybe instead of Pik Pik carrots being like plump helmets, maybe he could add in the little number flowers as the fastest growing edible plant  :)
Pellet Posies.
Brilliant!
Oh, and you could make Nectar, and the Ultra Sprays!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2012, 05:57:58 pm »

Status update:

1)The pikmin with all castes except bulbmin (And if i decided Olimin) are completed. Red are fire immune, blue have the amphibious tag, yellow will be receiving something at a later date (No electricity soooo idk), purple have increased size and strength, white have decreased size and increased agility and I was thinking about giving them natural digging ability, but I'm not sure if that works on intelligent civilized creatures. Right now they're a little OP as they can do organ damage to bulborbs seven times their size, but that will be balanced out.

2) Several bulborbs are done. I have all of the dwarf bulborbs and two of the large kind done.

What I'm Doing Next:

1) I'm going to finish up a couple more bulborbs and then do either cannon beetles or the fiery blowhog.

2) Work out the whole Onion situation so its a female caste that has several interactions that create different types of pikmin seeds based upon what you bring it. I'm not sure how well it would work and I'm starting to drift more towards the workshop idea (That way you could bring it the parts of a bulbmin (Wild separate creature) and it will create a bulbmin seed that you could plant and that would transform into a bulbmin upon being picked. It would also allow you the create populations of each pikmin however you wanted because if it were a caste it would spit out random pikmin.)

What do you all think on the issue of Onion workshop VS Onion caste?

3) Get interaction for pikmin seeds set up so that when theyre picked they instantly transform into a pikmin (Fuzzy on how to do this, but i'll cross that troll bridge when I get to it)

4) Adding in Pikmin fauna (Pellet posies will be a crop)

5) Adding in spray interactions that use nectar and ultra sprays as reagents
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2012, 06:00:34 pm »

The tag fire immune can't it used by castes  btw it goes to the whole creature not sure if you know or not~
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

Alternatively, you can make each pikmin color a separate creature, each with its own onion. After that, bundle them all into a single civilization
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2012, 06:05:54 pm »

You can't bundle multiple creatures into one civilizations, so they have to be castes. I'm having multiple onions (i.e. a red blue and yellow onion with the flowers that change pikmin into purple or white also being workshops [THAT IS if i take that route and not the onion as a caste route).

Are you sure fireimmune can't be used on castes? I haven't tested for that specifically, I was going to test it when i got the fiery blowhog in...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2012, 06:25:23 pm »

The tag fire immune can't it used by castes  btw it goes to the whole creature not sure if you know or not~

This isn't true. Making materials immune to heat is creature-level, but FIREIMMUNE and FIREIMMUNE_SUPER are both caste-level.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

I'm in favour of the workshop approach at this stage. It feels more natural than to have them be the females of the species, and it allows for a more complex reproduction system that's more true to the source material.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24:49 pm »

You can make pikmin only be born into some kind of spore or posy, that must be taken to an onion, where it will have an interaction that changes it to the pikmin of that color.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure they can't be born as an object that can be carried to an onion, and they can't be egg layers because that doesn't work right in fort mode. However by taking meat to an onion it can create a seed that can be planted, which i then believe can have a reaction for when it's picked (I think).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »

Nope.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2012, 09:36:48 pm »

Me here just to say...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11