Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)  (Read 20038 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2012, 07:07:26 am »

Love the idea

PTW
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2012, 01:02:29 pm »

I have to ask:
Will the Titan Dweevil be an endgame megabeast, and will it have all four detachable modules? Because I think that it'd either be a really enjoyable/Fun fight, or would just be downright evil, depending on how the Dweevil itself is done.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2012, 04:52:18 pm »

Sheargrubs and snitchbugs done. Snavians put on hold because i want to use some interactions to mimic their going underground action. Burrownits and Bloysters up next.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2012, 02:56:23 pm »

keeeeeep goiiinngg
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2012, 10:09:31 am »

This got me playing through the first Pikmin game again. How goes this mod?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »

Dweevils, with the exception of the titan dweevil. Are about 90% completed. So all of dweevels at about 80% done. I have poison dweevil (its called something else in game) done, fiery dweevil all the way done, same with watery, but the explosive and electric dweevils are giving me pause as far as their interactions go. I'm not wholly sure what to give them. I'm thinking electric will have paralysis, plus be made of a very hot vapor (so it will condense one the skin), so it will be a burning paralyzing explosion, as opposed to the flaming forest fire caused by fiery dweevils.

I also thought for quite a while about making dweevils a skulking race because they really like taking items, BUT I'm really not sure if they're evolved enough in the pikmin games to be considered a "society." I wonder if i could make them like subterranean tribes in addition to being wild creatures... Hmmmm... Idk.

Side note: I have the segmented crabster done as the first "boss" creature into the mod. It WAS going to be a semi-megabeast, BUT then it wouldn't spawn underground as it naturally should. So now its just a really really horrifying spawn in the lower cave levels.

Pikmin, in the mod, seem almost OP. They are these flimsy little plant things, yet when i put them into the arena, they kill things 12x their size! I don't get it! There are a lot of GENERAL_FORCE modifiers throughout the mod to balance their killer stems of death, and I feel like it all balances out in the arena.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2012, 11:58:57 pm »

Side note: It's actually the third "boss" creature in the mod  :-[ No idea why I thought it was the first.

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2012, 11:20:33 am »

I am so glad that someone is finally doing this. I played around with the idea for a while, but never really got into the modding. I do have some onion-workshop design raws, though. Just what they looks like, no interactions or whatnot. If you want them, let me know, but you don't really seem like you need help on this.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:36 pm »

@CrzyMonkeyNinja: Thank you for the offer, but I don't think I'm going to be doing Onions until after the first version is put out, that was there is feedback from people who have played it.

UPDATE: Dweevils all done. The anode (electric) and volitile (explosive) dweevils are done. They are also some of the most horrifyingly dangerous creatures ever made. They aren't hard to kill. They are actually really flimsy. But they're interactions are realistically deadly. There is nothing more horrifying than a volatile dweevil sprinting after your pikmin.

Side note: My raws do not look pretty at all. I wasn't really sure how to structure them so, at this point, everything pikmin related is in creature_standard and I have yet to clear everything else out. I guess I could make a new folder for them, but last time tried that it didn't work for some reason. Oh well, I'll deal with that later

Up next: Flint/glint beetles, mitites, and a few others that are going to be small sort of fodder creatures. As opposed to the death war machines I've been cranking out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:41 pm »

You could make a new file for them with a unique part, like creature_pikmin, creature_wild_pikmin etc.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »

Glint beetle- Done.
Flint beetle- Done.
Mitite- Done.
Ravenous Whiskerpillar- Done.
Honeywisp- Done.
Doodlebug- Done.
Unmarked spectralid- Done.

I'm getting ever closer to getting the non-boss creatures all done. Then the fun really begins.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:26:41 am by Spiderking50 »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:23 pm »

Yayayayay
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2012, 11:05:30 pm »

Please tell us your still working on this or at least give us what you have so someone can pickup where you left off. :'(
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

The work continues. It has slowed down signifigantly due to the pressures of school. I haven't had an extended period to work on it, but have had to work in short bursts. I'm going to do a few more bosses. Run a couple of field tests and then release version 1. After that version 2 will have the rest of most of the creatures (with the exclusion of some that would require extreme work arounds to mod in). Mixed int here I'm going to do all the plants (most will be grasses for flavor unless they actually did something in game). If anyone has any imput on what plants to use as trees (and why), then now would be a good time to post that. Same goes for any ideas surrounding the bosses and how to mod them in to be the most realistic.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2012, 02:22:59 am »

The work continues. It has slowed down signifigantly due to the pressures of school. I haven't had an extended period to work on it, but have had to work in short bursts. I'm going to do a few more bosses. Run a couple of field tests and then release version 1. After that version 2 will have the rest of most of the creatures (with the exclusion of some that would require extreme work arounds to mod in). Mixed int here I'm going to do all the plants (most will be grasses for flavor unless they actually did something in game). If anyone has any imput on what plants to use as trees (and why), then now would be a good time to post that. Same goes for any ideas surrounding the bosses and how to mod them in to be the most realistic.

No ideas to add, but it's great to see you're still working on it.. Any clues for when the demo will be released?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11