Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)  (Read 20036 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »

Arachnorbs will probably be difficult until Toady finally gets around to size differences mattering in combat (which I'm happy for for this mod and dreading for my mods :P)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2012, 11:24:18 pm »

It's going to be incredibly helpful for this mod because pikmin have such a tendancy to attack feet and they really don't in the DF version, but I've been compensating for that so its all balanced. No matter how i figure it out, its going to rough and rickety.

I just wanted to double check, are these interactions set up in the proper order? I checked out the wiki and they appear correct, but the wiki was very vague on how its actually supposed to look:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nectar and both spicy sprays are in as drinks. Pikmin are going to be no eat creatures who are alcohol nectar dependent. I was going to have them be no eat, but then having pellet posies would be purposeless... So probably going to eat something at least for now... yeah that sounds good.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:32:28 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »

You need a START and a PROB on every syndrome, but that's your only problem, really. You don't need a PEAK or an END. If you want them to speed up, SPEED_PERC needs to be above 100.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2012, 11:46:59 pm »

It was for slowing down, not speeding up. Now those look better. Thanks Putnam :) Bitterwort berries (both spicy and bitter), nectar weed, and pellet posy's are all in.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2012, 12:03:17 am »

Loving it

PTW

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2012, 10:21:43 am »

Hmm, pellet posies could be useful still, even with [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]. Im not sure if the nectar dependencie is a good thing or a bad thing. Is it possible to make it just heal a pikmin up to good health or something? (Arm gets loped off, drink nectar and it speeds up recovery?) Or maybe you could even combine both of those. Idk, but your doing great! ^_^
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »

Making them nectar dependent works well with the biology of the pikmin game because nectar causes pikmin to flower (increasing speed) and alcohol dependent creatures lose speed if they don't have alcohol. So basically not having nectar would cause them to be leaf pikmin (which have lower speed) thus no alcohol nectar means no flowers which means lower speeds, which the game causes through the alcohol dependency tag.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2012, 10:28:30 pm »

Making them nectar dependent works well with the biology of the pikmin game because nectar causes pikmin to flower (increasing speed) and alcohol dependent creatures lose speed if they don't have alcohol. So basically not having nectar would cause them to be leaf pikmin (which have lower speed) thus no alcohol nectar means no flowers which means lower speeds, which the game causes through the alcohol dependency tag.
You could give them a syndrome that transforms them into flower Pikmin, which are faster and stronger, when they ingest nectar.  That would make it interesting, and function a little closer to the game, I think.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58:14 pm »

Mini-Update: Mamutas are now completely done. They now transform pikmin into immobile pikmin seeds for a good duration. It took me a while to get a few problems with the transformation smoothed out, but its all good now.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2012, 02:29:34 am »

The only problem is they will slow down to the point where it's ridiculous.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2012, 08:55:07 am »

I'd love to see how you handle some of the more... Out there beasts, like Gatling Groinks, Toady Bloysters, and the like.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2012, 08:08:28 pm »

It is going to be difficult to design them, because i want the mod to be as close to pikmin as possible (so no creative liberties, or huge stretches with how the game will go), so its going to take a good amount of creature/tissue modding, plus a healthy dose of interactions.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:02:45 pm by Spiderking50 »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:20 pm »

Work began on the snavian family, but nothing really completely finished. The work goes on. There are 100+ enemies in pikmin and I have about 30 some at this point (I think) plus pikmin and some plants and products with those plants. There is so much than can be done with the pikmin theme, I just need to go through all of it.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2012, 10:35:26 pm »

doing great!
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2012, 08:47:38 pm »

DON'T. YOU. DIE. ON. ME!!!! (Performs CPR on thread)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11