Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Farming Simulator 2013  (Read 6902 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Farming Simulator 2013
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:19:14 am »

This is the penultimate Farming game! There, that should have already got rid of most people from this thread.

Farming Simulator 2013 is a significant improvement over 2011 which was already head and shoulders above the others in the field. I am hoping some of you play this or the 2011 game so that we can gather some collective knowledge and strategy. I should also mention that it is coming to XBOX 360 in January.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220260/

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
Re: Farming Simulator 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:23:01 am »

*watches trailer*

bitch lets run over some sheep in our tractor and see if it turns them into meat

at the very least someone should mod in a new tractor that does that.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:57:05 am »

I was tempted to make a thread about this just to make fun of it a while back. Farming is interesting and all, but an all-out simulator? Even the over-hyped game descriptions fail to make it sound interesting.

So, out of curiosity, is there anything in this game for anyone that isn't a farming enthusiast?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:59:06 am »

So, out of curiosity, is there anything in this game for anyone that isn't a farming enthusiast?
I don't see why farmers would play this anyways. They farm all day, then they come home and farm virtually? Seems a bit redundant.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:01:24 am »

Because it's full of bugs and the physic engine is worse than DF's.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:03:38 am »

Because it's full of bugs and the physic engine is worse than DF's.
Well, bugs are to be expected in a farming game!
*har har har*

Hey, atleast they added some more content into it compared to 2011.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:08:43 am »

Its actually a pretty enjoyable game in its own way. Its relaxing sometimes, just doing farming stuff. Not all of us are interested in HURR DURR MURDER SHOOTS KILL all the time, after all.

What's really boring is all the people who go "HERP DERP Nobody could enjoy this, lulz!" It get's old people, it gets old.

Really waiting for the modding community to take off, would love to see some more crops and shit.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:15:24 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 11:17:18 am »

It's definitely not something I'm going to get, but don't confuse my playful jabs with sneering ridicule. It just seems to me that the market for this kind of game would be incredibly limited, which, in turn, would limit the game's scope since not as many people would buy it. I see myself enjoying something like The Sims more than a dedicated farming game, just because there's more variety.

I understand how it can be relaxing, and that appeals to me in some way. Fun, though? I suppose a game doesn't have to be fun to be enjoyable.

It's a serious question, though: Is there anything here for people that want something more than farming and driving a huge variety of tractors?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 11:27:47 am »

Not really I'd say, I mean it can be sort of a management game in a way where you don't actually do much hands on farming. You can hire people to do most of the "Chores" of it and leave you to just strategizing what would make you the best profit. However its not perfect in this respect as the ai is kinda a derp.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 11:28:09 am »

Fun, though? I suppose a game doesn't have to be fun to be enjoyable.

You're right, it has to be !!FUN!!.

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always avoid "xxx simulator ----" they generally suck. (I take youtube has witness.)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 11:33:24 am »

I'd probably enjoy this is someone let me get it for free.  Like... if they gave it to me or something... away... Hemmingjay...

To be honest though, I'd be "that one guy" doing sideways tractors and trying to park my combine atop the neighbor's roof.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41:54 am »

I'd probably enjoy this is someone let me get it for free.  Like... if they gave it to me or something... away... Hemmingjay...

To be honest though, I'd be "that one guy" doing sideways tractors and trying to park my combine atop the neighbor's roof.

2013 version nao.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 11:42:55 am »

This ain't got nothing on 'Bus and Cable Car Simulator'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL3Vj2fldv4

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 11:43:12 am »

god no

It may not be too bad, but paying 12$ for each DLC? nty

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 11:46:20 am »

It's really strange, but apparently there is a market for it. I was in Germany a while ago, stopped in a department store for some travel necessities, and strolled through the game section while I was there, and guess which game was at top of their best sellers list?

Farm Simulator.
Pages: [1] 2