Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Free to a good home  (Read 4642 times)

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free to a good home
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »

Oh wait.Such a tool.My motherboard can't handle DDR3.Nobody happens to have DDR1 one stuff ?

I'll be looking, I'm sure I kept my Atlhon XP motherboard (just because this sucker was stable at 4gHz aircooling).
I should also have a TNT2 somewhere...

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »

Hemmingjay, it might be worth mentioning in the op that if shipping internationally make sure people mark the package as a gift that way the recipient won't have to pay duty.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 10:18:58 pm »

Perhaps each post should be advertising it's respective product with a available/gone notice on top?

Things might get really confusing here otherwise.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:19 pm »

It's polite to offer to pay postage if the item is heavy

I know this is slightly off topic, and PLEASE do not let this post derail anything so please respond only as an aside, but wow this reminds me of when I tried to buy stuff off of Ebay.

Are we going to suddenly have people with 80 dollar delivery fees?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 10:28:43 pm »

Not unless you're shipping a whole computer (or a motherboard, for some inexplicable reason). Every component on a computer that's reasonably interchangeable is small enough that unless you're sending them in bulk they should be cheap enough to ship without incurring large penalties. The worst I could imagine us trading is a hard drive size-wise, and they should have only $10-15 US for slow international shipping. I doubt whatever we do, we'll be sending stuff express.
Nothing important here, move along.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 12:54:33 am »

I could use that RAM, Hemmingjay.  And in turn I could offer up my current sticks of 2GB DDR3 RAM in return.  I'll have to pull up the specifics on them in a little while, so I'll edit this post then.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 06:00:59 am »

I could aso use that RAM. Empty slot, I only want 1, It'd make me happy to use it everyday.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 06:31:54 am »

This is a great idea. I'll have to run an inventory on what I've got. Up until a purge 1-2 years ago, I had stuff going all the way back to some 486DX2-66 chips sitting around in my workshed.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ZebAbirul

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly neighborhood lurking extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 01:00:04 pm »

I have 2 1gig ddr2 strips of laptop ram if anyone is willing to pay the shipping =3

Edit: West coast of Canada :P Didn't even think about putting that in there xD
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:57:21 pm by ZebAbirul »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 01:05:17 pm »

Zeb, it might be helpful if you post what country you are in so people can decide if it's worth paying for the shipping.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »

I think I've got stuff running back from P2 up to core duo stuff laying around in 5 old boxes. I'll do up an inventory as well.

I'm in Australia, and am pretty broke, so postage-wise I'd prefer to mail it in-country unless someone doesn't mind paying shipping (postage will probably be worth more than parts though). I'll do up a list.
It's a game. Have fun.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:04 pm »

I'm in a pickle myself. I'm on XP and the only thing I've ever upgraded since I got this box in 2006 is the graphics card in 2008 (ATI Radeon 2600 HD Pro) and a couple new harddrives. I'm running the max amount of ram capable with XP (4 gigs), hard drive cant get much better except in speed and I have no idea what to do to make my CPU and graphics capability any better than what I have (Intel Core duo 1.86ghz I believe I might be running). Mostly just asking what do on a budget to make it better?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 09:50:50 pm »

I'm in a pickle myself. I'm on XP and the only thing I've ever upgraded since I got this box in 2006 is the graphics card in 2008 (ATI Radeon 2600 HD Pro) and a couple new harddrives. I'm running the max amount of ram capable with XP (4 gigs), hard drive cant get much better except in speed and I have no idea what to do to make my CPU and graphics capability any better than what I have (Intel Core duo 1.86ghz I believe I might be running). Mostly just asking what do on a budget to make it better?

Define "on a budget" because for $300 you could http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1101714 and add your current parts in and be more than 3/4 of the way to a modern rig.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »

Define "on a budget" because for $300 you could http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1101714 and add your current parts in and be more than 3/4 of the way to a modern rig.
Broke college student budget

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:43 am »

Oh wait.Such a tool.My motherboard can't handle DDR3.Nobody happens to have DDR1 one stuff ?

I have one pz133u-333-542-z (RAM DDR1, 133mHz and 128mb). Although the sticker says 128mb, there is a SM256 printed on the stick itself, I can't be sure it's been a while since I used-it.

I can also sent that old proc (Athlon XP 2600+) if someone wants it.

K7...  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3