Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A couple of questions (again)  (Read 1719 times)

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A couple of questions (again)
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:43:23 pm »

Hello again fellow players, odds are you don't know me because I'm not the most active member ever and usually my projects end up horribly broken but I'm here yet again asking for help in the hopes that screwing it up a few more times will make me better at playing and modding.

The first question is if there's a way to "create" creatures, via workshop or something like that, the point is creating a sort of golem, extra points if said creature can't be founf in the wilds, I know Masterwork includes something like this but after tinkering with the raws for a while I failed to indentify how they do it.

The second question is if there's a way for dorfs to create human sized equipment for later adventurer use, mostly big armors since I know that it's quite simple for them to create any weapon via entity editing.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions (again)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:53:22 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118632.0
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY  >:(

Nah just kidding. I sure wasn't the first to come up with it. But there's the answer to your first question.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »

Human-sized equipment can be done by making dwarves human sized (BODY_SIZE:70000)

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 05:06:14 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118632.0
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY  >:(

Nah just kidding. I sure wasn't the first to come up with it. But there's the answer to your first question.

My God that's not what I expected yet it's so freakishly dwarven! that makes it impossible for me to try the golem thing if I had in mind but it's still pretty damn usefull for other (maccabre) things.

Human-sized equipment can be done by making dwarves human sized (BODY_SIZE:70000)

That's... surprisingly simple. Can I make them human sized, create the equipment and then make them stumpy again?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »

Why wouldn't it work for the golem thing?

Yeah, I think that making-them-stumpy thing would work.

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »

Why wouldn't it work for the golem thing?

Yeah, I think that making-them-stumpy thing would work.

Alright, correct if I'm wrong because my inexperience with modding and my far-from-perfect english can make all of this very confusing for both of us.

According to what I got from Dunas link you bassicaly make a sacrifice (that's my first problem right there) that via boiling rock sydrome grows out a limb that then falls off to be reanimated instantaneously, my question is; it is possible to grow a freaking golem out of a poor dwarf? that golem (or horse or wathever) would be undead?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 05:20:09 pm »

No see a golem workshop is actually exactly what i was planning.

golems parts are brought together in workshop. Then:
1: Sydrome turns dwarf into creature
2: creature's bodypart drops off and dies
3: bodypart is reanimated into golem
4: dwarf's transformation wears off. He transforms back into the same healthy dwarf he was before.

Also, if you WANTED a sacrifice, you could just have the syndrome transform the dwarf into the golem and be done with it.

The question is, would the grown-from-bodypart golem be a wild golem, or a thrall of the creator? Would it be possible then to have another syndrome that would transform the golem from said thrall into a wild golem? Perhaps through a syndrome that ONLY affects golems? I just answered my own question, I think.  ???

Also, the coolest possible application would be (this is not possible) to edit moods so that a dwarf could drag another dwarf to the workshop and make a golem out of him in a fell mood.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:28:01 pm by dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »

No see a golem workshop is actually exactly what i was planning.

golems parts are brought together in workshop. Then:
1: Sydrome turns dwarf into creature
2: creature's bodypart drops off and dies
3: bodypart is reanimated into golem
4: dwarf's transformation wears off. He transforms back into the same healthy dwarf he was before.

Also, if you WANTED a sacrifice, you could just have the syndrome transform the dwarf into the golem and be done with it.

The question is, would the grown-from-bodypart golem be a wild golem, or a thrall of the creator? Would it be possible then to have another syndrome that would transform the golem from said thrall into a wild golem? Perhaps through a syndrome that ONLY affects golems? I just answered my own question, I think.  ???

Holy crap this is more complicated than I expected, now it seems like sacrifices make things easier, getting rid of the necromantic part, it would be possible to use a goat or any other animal as the sacrifice? maybe a reaction similar to the one used to butcher but intead it would be to transform.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 05:32:42 pm »

Well from a modding standpoint sacrificing is easier, but also results in the death(?) of a dwarf.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 05:50:35 pm »

It's not a sacrifice. The dwarf stays alive.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 05:53:04 pm »

Philosophically, I disagree.  ;)

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

I agree with your disagreement, anyways no insight in the animal transformation? maybe prisoners?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

I agree with your disagreement, anyways no insight in the animal transformation? maybe prisoners?

Sacrifice isn't needed... do you really need the animal transformation?

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 07:48:00 pm »

Well, I don't NEED it but I would like that method, transforming a creature into another seems more flexible and adds more in the long term, you'd be able to create anything inside your fort including edible animals, like pigs or cows wich I guess is impossible given the undead status of the limb guys.

Anyways, I do apreciate the method above and I'm going to use it, but for other purpouses.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »

Well, I don't NEED it but I would like that method, transforming a creature into another seems more flexible and adds more in the long term, you'd be able to create anything inside your fort including edible animals, like pigs or cows wich I guess is impossible given the undead status of the limb guys.

Anyways, I do apreciate the method above and I'm going to use it, but for other purpouses.

They won't be undead if you use RESURRECT instead of ANIMATE.
Pages: [1] 2