Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I only have 4 free dwarves left, but a great deal of jobs (particularly military) available. Should I increase my pop cap to allow for more dwarves?

No - I'm not really that interested in claiming a dwarf anyways. If anyone wants one, take one of the 4 left.
- 0 (0%)
no - look at how much work your doing! relax already!
- 0 (0%)
yes - 5 or 10 more migrants are useful to the fort. Even if they're unclaimed, we'll need their labor.
- 0 (0%)
yes - 20-30 more migrants are required - I want to be a king among peasants.
- 1 (100%)
yes - I want nobles! lots of peasants! Give me arbitrarily huge peasant counts so that my guy doesn't need to do anything!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Coppersaints- seasonally journaled story fort.  (Read 6973 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Coppersaints- seasonally journaled story fort.
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 11:25:36 am »

Melbil 'Malimbar' Linedwire
Early Winter 131
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
-----
Ber 'Amariithynar' Mightshot
-----
*The Willsauce Family*
(written by MrsWillsauce)
-----
Thob 'Flamestrider' Plannedcudgels
-----
Morul 'Uthric' Helmpractice
-----
Domas  'Ralgreth Smith' Reliefgate
-----
Zefon 'Sloth' Claspscalded
-----
Zas 'Zol' Basementperplexed
-----
Edem 'Galen' Torchwet
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 11:36:40 am »

Nah, I'm good with just having a secondary class medical dwarf.  Since that makes the Doktor a little a more expendable, could he be uniformed with armor and allowed to run into combat to recover wounded?

I'll take a look at the list of dwarves as soon as you get it re-posted.  The link to the gallery seems to be dead right now.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 11:54:35 am »

Nah, I'm good with just having a secondary class medical dwarf.  Since that makes the Doktor a little a more expendable, could he be uniformed with armor and allowed to run into combat to recover wounded?

I'll take a look at the list of dwarves as soon as you get it re-posted.  The link to the gallery seems to be dead right now.
Strange, it's up for me. Unless... you clicked on the one in the first post. I've now updated the first post as well just in case. I look forward to having Doktor in our fort!
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 12:18:18 pm »

Early Spring 132
-----
-----
*The Willsauce Family*
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
Edem 'Galen' Torchwet

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 01:07:54 pm »

Okay, I've looked over the list.  Asmel Tosidberdan 'Asmel Armorwalk' looks like a good candidate for Doktorship.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 01:24:22 pm »

Wow,you know that saying "Like mother like son"?It fits.
Also thats a cool lot of free dwarves for picks!If I were somebody else I would pick some of the younger dwarves so they live longer.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 01:26:04 pm »

Huzzahr! I'm glad that my Dorf is happy with his new job ^_^
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 02:26:59 pm »

Hmmm,should we start being afraid of dieing of old age?
Or the sieges?Or tantrum spirals?Or ANYTHING?
What are the current deaths?

BraveHero400

• Bay Watcher
  • BraveHero cancels fight (running away)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 03:22:00 pm »

Winter 131
Quote from: Ralgreth
"Now the job of the day is to make more bone bolts! Out of what you ask? good question. well right now it's out of the calf of a water buffalo."
Spring 132
Quote from: Amariithynar
"... We're using water buffalo bone bolts right now."

Nice to see the dwarves are "working together."  :)
"Heroes are people who rise to the occasion, then slip quietly away" ~ Tom Brokaw
It is kind of hard to believe that this all happened in a game.
Game? THIS. IS. DWARF FORTRESS!!! *kicks some annoying emissary down the well*

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »

Winter 131
Quote from: Ralgreth
"Now the job of the day is to make more bone bolts! Out of what you ask? good question. well right now it's out of the calf of a water buffalo."
Spring 132
Quote from: Amariithynar
"... We're using water buffalo bone bolts right now."

Nice to see the dwarves are "working together."  :)

Teamwork?That's a bunch of elvenry!Teamwork is not even in my dictionary!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 01:09:21 am »

Well, we're not at war with anyone, and apparently I embarked at a place with no nearby goblin civs or undead. It's been really quiet. Then, in the post I haven't made yet, we dug out staircase straight down to the semi-molten rock. We apparently accidentally skipped every single cavern.

So the only deaths so far are animals. LOTS of kittens and dogs, quite a few water buffalo, and a few stray relatively meaningless cattle. We have 6 swordmasters with steel swords and wooden sheilds but no armor. And they're mostly there for show ever since I figured out that we had no goblins.

I have no idea how long I'll do this, but it's going slow enough right now that we'll be several versions behind before we have to worry about old age. I get through a few seasons in a week, and it varies depending on how busy I am and how much I'd rather do other things.

As for teamwork, I don't think it's the concept that the dwarves are working under. Most of the dwarves don't know most of the other dwarves. Too few dwarves with too little free time to really socialize well. We get parties every now and then, but the more important you are the less people you talk to. Heck, Amariithynar and Thob have been lovers for over a year now and I don't think they've talked to each other more than once since that happened.

Oh, and  Asmel "Doktor" Armorwalk is now claimed.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 01:54:58 am »

How big is the meeting hall?People like Doktor would spend most of the time there because their jobs are not that time taking.

PS:You could update us with photos whenever something happens in the FORT (as in murder and stabby stabby or smash smash) and you can give us the save file when you decide you don't want to do it anymore.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 02:53:45 pm »

I'd say aim to open up the cavern layers and attract some forgotten beasts.  And yes, post some pictures along with the journal entries.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 03:05:58 am »

I'd say aim to open up the cavern layers and attract some forgotten beasts.  And yes, post some pictures along with the journal entries.

Not so soon though,we need some good  militia in case of a FB that makes dust that makes your soldier bleed out of their nose eyes and who knows what.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 12:27:47 pm »

Sure on both! I have two dining rooms. They're basically the same, but here they both are:

I have the fort backed up seasonally, so I could really even post the fort's save at each update. Don't know where to post save files though, ideally without an account. I'm not sure what pictures you'd want me to post during journal entries either. If we ever get a murder or something (at least a few updates away considering our high happiness and lack of dangers), then I'll post a picture then.

And now, for an update!
-----

Early Summer 132
-----
-----
*The Willsauce Family*
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
Edem 'Galen' Torchwet

Asmel 'Doktor' Armorwalk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7