Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How kill a Vampire ?  (Read 1121 times)

Trygan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How kill a Vampire ?
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:46:04 pm »

Hello.

I'm french, sorry for my bad english.

I isolate a Vampire in jail, but i want kill him, he killed my legendary farmer while he slept.
I want a revenge but a vampire is not recognized as such.

How I can order my squad, killed the creature ?

Thanks for your answer.
I searched on the Wiki but I don't found my hapiness.

If you don't understand my bad english, please tell me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:51:15 pm by Trygan »

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
Re: How kill a Vampire ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 11:54:32 pm »

Don't worry, your English is better than a large portion of the internet's.
You can kill him by putting him on a retracting bridge and dropping him down a hole onto spikes. You can drop him in magma (or flood the room he's in or just make him mine into a volcano). You can order him onto retracting menacing spikes and stab him full of holes.
You can't starve or dehydrate him because he's a vampire but they do have combat bonuses so you could use him as a vanguard and send him out to fight the next siege that comes around. He'll most likely die and take out a few enemies.
Hope that helps.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Trygan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:06:37 am »

Thanks for your answer, your help is very friendly, but if I well understand, a Vampire can't be killed directly by a Squad ? I want say... By my own squad ?
I need found a trap for kill him ?

Once again thank you very much.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:14:58 am by Trygan »

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:50 am »

Thanks for your answer, your help is very friendly, but if I well understand, a Vampire can't be killed directly by a Squad ? I want say... By my own squad ?
I need found a trap for kill him ?

Once again thank you very much.

You get loyality breakdown when you tries to kill anyone from your civilization through military mean. Even the tame animals, yes. Only exception is berserker, which's already a danger to whole fortress on their own.

When that happens, everyone starts to kill each other :D

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 12:36:54 am »

I recommend magma.  No evidence of the deed.  Also, make sure you engrave him a slab immediately so he can't come back as a bloodsucking ghost.

Trygan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:40:24 am »

I understand, thanks for your help. I know how use my Vampire now.

Thank you and good game.  ;)

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 01:59:13 am »

Put him in a squad and scout out the caverns with him. Very effective, because he doesn't get hungry or thirsty.

Berossus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:20 am »

Other ways of dealing with vampires include walled off rooms with levers to pull, or simply walled off rooms.
My son, many speak of the honor in war.
My preferred method is to wait until their back is turned, then impale them with a pike held by someone else.
Preferrably from a distance.

muzzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 07:08:07 am »

I'd recommend magma or eternal imprisonment. Anything that might involve your vampire bleeding (including using him as a vanguard or cavern scout) can have unintended consequences.

xpi0t0s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 07:43:47 am »

Bonjour.  I'm English, sorry for my bad French.

You could draft him into a squad of 1, then order him to go defend near the fort's spike trap.  Wouldn't be anyone's fault if someone accidentally tripped over the lever that activates those spikes.

To organise that, q over the lever and add "Accidentally trip over" on Repeat.

If he's your only vampire, make him the manager or broker.  Manager orders are teleported to workshops; he doesn't need to be able to walk to them.  And as a broker he's ideal; never has anything to do other than go to the depot.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:03 am »

Assign him as your diplomatic attachee in a neighouring goblin civilization. Make sure he receives a good armour suit and a weapon, so that there is lots of fun to watch.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:04 am »

English good. I suggest new players, who are playing fortress mode, not adventure/dwarf mode, use Advanced Worlds, with Vampire Curses set to 0.  DF is too damn difficult, the way game is setup in default.  Its now geared for adventure/dwarf mode, and not both play sytles, equally.  Try the Lazy Newb Pack and the Lazy Newb World.  Much of the turmoil and pain there is removed, so that a player can build and build, to his/her hearts content. 
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:45 pm »

A good use for a vampire is build a 3x3 wall close to you fortress entrance, build a ramp, burrow the vamp in top of wall and desconstruct the ramp. He can spot enemies and prob get killed by a bolt or a arrow.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

You can kill him with your justice. Just go into justice menu and look at some unsolved murders and select him as the guilty one. The sheriff will give him the death penalty. As a vampire he may well survive the beating, so watch out :P
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 03:15:17 pm »

Just keep him walled in. He'll go mad once his clothes rot away.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."