Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Refusing to Make Charcoal  (Read 512 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Refusing to Make Charcoal
« on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »

So I'm showing a friend the basics of Dwarf Fortress earlier, and run into an irritating problem. Despite having a wood furnace, and a stockpile of wood next to it, nobody would make charcoal. I even built another wood furnace, and another one with a different building material. I made sure people had furnace operating on, as well as a wood-related jobs and stone-related jobs. Nothing. Nobody would even try to touch the wood furnace, or tell me something was wrong. Glitch, or what? Could be a RAW problem? They are a modded race, but I swear I've played them before and not had any troubles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
Re: Refusing to Make Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

Enable "Wood Burning" under the farming labors.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:47:42 pm »

Enable "Wood Burning" under the farming labors.

Ah, damn. I knew it was going to be something stupid like this. Thanks.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

ChaoticMushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 03:52:46 pm »

I don't think it's a mistake many people would blame you for, it would stand to reason that a furnace operator would, y'know.. Operate a furnace. Just that particular one had a more specific skill involved.