Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bay12er's Kickstarter: The Ancients  (Read 1656 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bay12er's Kickstarter: The Ancients
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:38:04 am »

This is just a short piece to let all of those Ancients fans out there know that The Ancients is now on Kickstarter, if any of you want to put toward or spread the word. It's also a shameless bit of advertising and social networking to find new interest <3.

We've got 30 days to raise £40,000.

The £40,000 will go directly toward paying a semi-professional programmer for a year to work on The Ancients.

The Ancients (aka, Project Terra/Earth) that some of you knew is somewhat different from it's first ideal that many of you may know it by, so I suggest you give it a read before pledging, just in case it's no longer the game for you!

Nethertheless, all pledges are very welcome and even if you don't fancy to pledge, Antiquity Games would appreciate any social networkings and shares of the Kickstarter page that you can offer!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1354638350/the-ancients

Regards,
  Azkanan <3
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12er's Kickstarter: The Ancients
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:51:27 am »

Could you explain a bit more what the game is about and its features ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 03:52:23 am »

Is there something on the page that does no describe it?
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 04:03:46 am »

snarkyness taken out replaced with other post
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:13:25 am by ScriptWolf »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 04:04:08 am »

The bulk of this pledge will go towards paying a professional programmer to work on The Ancients.

Oh dear.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 04:10:20 am »

Is there something on the page that does no describe it?

Im sooooo sorry I asked for a more personal explanation of the game, your first post is lacking

I asked an honest question in hope it would help me improve and clarify the game itself.

The bulk of this pledge will go towards paying a professional programmer to work on The Ancients.

Oh dear.

Reworded it... hopefully the update offers more clarity ;-;
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12:45 am »

sorry i thought it was sarcasm :P

Well it would be nice to know just some experiance with the game i know its free form and sandbox multiplayer world, but really whats it like to play ? how do you start ? where do you start ? the world what is it high fantasy ? it it normal day life ? what time frame is it set in ?. although if anything just talking about some of your experiances with it would be cool.

also with these world, how many people are on each one ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:27 am »

sorry i thought it was sarcasm :P

Well it would be nice to know just some experiance with the game i know its free form and sandbox multiplayer world, but really whats it like to play ? how do you start ? where do you start ? the world whats the is it high fantasy ? it it normaly day life ? what time frame is it set in ?. although if anything just talking about some of your experiances with it would be cool.

also with these world, how many people are on each one ?

When you create your character, you answer some questions about his history (or automate it, for the quick gameplay). From this is how you will start. An urban citizen, or a wild thing in the woodlands with a small hut.

The world is set in 200BCE, the time of the romans and all thing antiquitious, with a mythical edge included. Expect Lamia, minotaurs, omens, indirect divine intervention and ghosts.

The world will support a large array of NPCs, depending on the urban structure of the gamezone.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 04:19:39 am »

Ohhhh ohhhhhh your the creator :P sorry its been a bad morning for me.

what about multiplayer ? you talk abotu having more than just yourself running around and playing the game whats the limit for other people ? and can you form the same relationships with them and evverything ?

Also what about players getting into positions of power ? could you work yoru way up and own a town?

Right now im thinking sort of like The guild style game but with not so many bugs and better gameplay :P

looking at it again and comprehending the wrods this time im really liking it, after work i will kick some money your way :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:23:10 am by ScriptWolf »

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 04:22:56 am »

Ohhhh ohhhhhh your the creator :P sorry its been a bad morning for me.

<3 :D

what about multiplayer ? you talk abotu having more than just yourself running around and playing the game whats the limit for other people ? and can you form the same relationships with them and evverything ?

This is a lobby-based multiplayer, not an MMORPG. Think minecraft servers. There are no limitations for others on your server.

Also what about players getting into positions of power ? could you work yoru way up and own a town?

This will be possible. I want to see more senator players, damn it!
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 04:24:30 am »

nice nice what sort of limits will there be ? hardware power ? if so could we see upto 100 guys running about the shop ?

and would i be right in thinking that this will be sort of like the Guild in mechanics and gameplay.

Also i shall kick some money your way after work i like what i see.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:26:05 am by ScriptWolf »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 04:24:43 am »

to work on The Ancients alongside myself, whereas I am working on the graphics.

See above statement. No offense, but this is looking a lot like "i am idea guy and artist, give me money so i can pay programmer!".
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 04:27:34 am »

See above statement. No offense, but this is looking a lot like "i am idea guy and artist, give me money so i can pay programmer!".

I did add some history to this in the first draft, but it sounded far too needy. Basically, I've been hopping around programmers for 2 years, somewhere around 12 programmers, all of which have dropped out on me for one reason or another.

I've been trying to learn programming in that time, and it's simply not sticking. It's frustrating as hell.

nice nice what sort of limits will there be ? hardware power ? if so could we see upto 100 guys running about the shop ?

and would i be right in thinking that this will be sort of like the Guild in mechanics and gameplay.

Also i shall kick some money your way after work i look what i see.

I can't say what the limitations will be, as I don't have the engine on-hand. That's a Q for the programmer. But I do want to optimize the game so that we can have bustling marketplaces.

I've never played The Guild. :<

Thank you! <3
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 04:56:28 am »

I did add some history to this in the first draft, but it sounded far too needy. Basically, I've been hopping around programmers for 2 years, somewhere around 12 programmers, all of which have dropped out on me for one reason or another.
That's supposed to inspire confidence? You are probably unloading dreams on them that are just not realistic.
I'm with Baneling and I suspect everyone is thinking the same. Ideas just don't sell, products do.

Your art looks good though.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 05:02:29 am »

That's supposed to inspire confidence? You are probably unloading dreams on them that are just not realistic.
I'm with Baneling and I suspect everyone is thinking the same. Ideas just don't sell, products do.

Your art looks good though.

The irony being I need a programmer to make the product from the idea.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: [1] 2