Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: More abominations, taking requests.  (Read 54736 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: More abominations, taking requests.
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2013, 04:48:59 am »

Would you be able to make the T-800 Terminator?  No pain, no fear, a steel skeleton, a good degree of super strength.  To make it balanced, the outer fleshy bits would be just as vulnerable, and completely incapable of re-growing.

Is it even possible to make a creature that is nothing but a walking skeleton? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »

Earlier in this thread, somebody suggested a keg creature with booze blood, arms and legs that was perpetually at war with the Dwarves.

This is the most badass idea ever. I want to be besieged by these creatures when my fortress is at its lowest point.

Please make them.
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2013, 09:32:12 pm »

Earlier in this thread, somebody suggested a keg creature with booze blood, arms and legs that was perpetually at war with the Dwarves.

This is the most badass idea ever. I want to be besieged by these creatures when my fortress is at its lowest point.

Please make them.

If you can grab that quote I might be willing to make such a thing.

Would you be able to make the T-800 Terminator?  No pain, no fear, a steel skeleton, a good degree of super strength.  To make it balanced, the outer fleshy bits would be just as vulnerable, and completely incapable of re-growing.

Is it even possible to make a creature that is nothing but a walking skeleton? 

Yes it is possible, altho I don't think Terminators felt pain, they could sense if they were damaged yes but never programmed to feel or simulate pain (unless you want them to be like Data from star trek when he goes to the Borg and asks them to make him "human" so he "could feel pain/sensation" don't ask me what star trek or what episode, I saw it a long time ago, when I was bored)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:36:02 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2013, 03:07:47 am »

Walking kegs with legs that have booze blood they are always at war with the dreaded drinking dwarves

There it is!
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »

yay! harvest them :3

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2013, 06:13:03 pm »

How did I miss that one? That is a great idea indeed. In order to make them be constantly at war, I would say the best way would be to make their ethics be exactly the opposite of the Dwarves. Are you already making that, or should I?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »

if you want to make them sure

I was thinking of a literal barrel for a body (wood with iron bands) but was going to have a caste for every type of wood, and booze. Give them human arms and legs (skin and such just for laughs) and 1 eyeball looking through a hole in the barrel. They would use barrel lids as shields and ladles (giant spoons) and other cuterly as weapons

making sure they lack CAN_SPEAK will make them hostile automatically

Doesn't matter who makes them lol.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2013, 06:32:59 pm »

Since what you were gonna do sounds much better than what I know HOW to do. I would say you should do it. For the sake of quality. Side note, what if they were made such that they have the same taste for dwarven blood as dwarves have for booze?

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2013, 12:45:03 pm »

Make a giant duck
and when it bites people
it turns them into ducks as well.

This. Make this. This is the best monster ever.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »

I already made that one. Go look back to earlier pages. That one was incredibly easy, it mostly involved messing around with the werewolf bite attack raw.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2013, 03:53:50 pm »

Could you please make me a chest mimic? It is basically an immobile creature resembling a chest, lying in wait for an unwary adventurer.
Picture this:

An adventurer is walking down a hallway in a long-abandoned fortress, in search of forgotten treasure. He suddenly spots a wooden chest in a dark corner. Excitedly, he rushes towards it and places his hand on the latch. Immediately, the pseudo-chest springs to life. A poisoned needle shoots out from a hidden compartment,  and sinks into the poor man's flesh. The man feels ill, and immediately loses consciousness, slumping to his feet right in front of the malicious chest. The lid of the chest-creature opens wide, revealing a set of razor-sharp steel teeth and a long, coiled tongue. The lid snaps shut, severing a hand. The tongue wraps around the man's hand, preventing the prey from escaping. As the chest is about to bite again, the man awakes. Grabbing his mace, the hits the chest with all his might, shattering the wood. The mimic is no more.

Also, is it possible to make the poison lethal  but slow-acting, so that the victim looses consciousness immediately, but does not die until several turns have passed?

"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2013, 05:24:44 pm »

Booze Barrel Monster "Keg Stand"
Spoiler: Body (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Item_Armor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Item Weapon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Entity (click to show/hide)
Creature is gonna be bigish and will take some time to finish.

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2013, 07:57:20 pm »

Cthulu, ultrabeast, that can spawn other beasts when it kills people and lay eggs in its victoms. Has a chance that when striking with one of its tentacles to infect people with madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2013, 08:03:04 pm »

Megabeast is highest tier of beast, spawning would be indiscriminate, eggs won't work and can't be layed in victims, madness can't be inflicted.

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2013, 08:16:51 pm »

Megabeast is highest tier of beast, spawning would be indiscriminate, eggs won't work and can't be layed in victims, madness can't be inflicted.

DFHACK?????
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21