Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weird Forgotten Beasts?  (Read 4802 times)

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
  • Back after a long hiatus.
    • View Profile
Weird Forgotten Beasts?
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:42:52 pm »

So it's a really tall humanlike being made of vomit. I'm not sure how it didn't fall apart immediately after wandering onto the map. I was really worried it would be hard to kill at first but then I said "Hey, it's made of vomit, I can't imagine that it's attacks would do much other than disgust a dwarf." I was right, outfitted a dwarf with an artifact elk bone sword and some decent armor and he killed it in a good 20 seconds and left unharmed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Forgotten Beasts?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:48:00 pm »

Liquid critters are fragile. I like to think that as the dwarf attacks, it casually asks how the beast stays together...

Anyways, this ain't the half of it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »

My most brutal attack by a titan was a buffalo twisted in human form with three eyes, long flowing pink hair, and emanating an aura of giving and kindness.

Now I'm not sure how kindness would translate in that monster's tongue, but he sure gave a lot of beatings.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »

Urist shot first.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:09:31 pm »

Can I get any use out of it's body? I mean, I dunno what use vomit is but hey, maybe I can find something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:20:51 pm »

Put it in a mimecart, shotgun it at goblins. That's about it.
Sig

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:07 pm »

Once got an iron tortoise FB with a venomous sting, other than that I've never gotten anything 'unusual' or particularly interesting.

The description made me gag. Just imagine it, a humanoid composed of vomit that undulates. Truly disgusting.

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »

Whose vomit do you think it was? That's the real question in my opinion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 11:37:29 pm »

The coalesced vomit of ten thousand beasts in the forges of creation.
Or its own.
Sig

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 02:41:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 05:02:24 am »

And while I have you all here, can someone tell me how to get my dogs out of these cages? I want some war dogs but it seems like it would be hard to train it to fight while it's behind bars.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:06 am »

I think you should be able to pasture them somewhere and then unpasture them, releasing them outside the cage, or build the cage and link it to a lever if you want to drop them on invaders.
Back when pastures didn't exist, I used to pit them down a 1-z level drop, silly me. I never got into husbandry much.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:31:13 am by wagawaga »

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 05:30:14 am »

I;ve got an interesting menagerie of FB trapped currently.

Pride and joy would be the web spinner who is helping me trap other FBs, and the fire based one.

But the most dangerous one I have is still untrapped.

Its some sort of worm with wings, but "beware is poisonous vapors".

Its pretty deadly, since you don't feel the effects immediately, and the critter can die in a few blows so  you think its done.
Vapors cause creeping paralysis, starting first with the body and then reaching the lungs. At which point you suffocate and die. Neuro toxin cloud.

Deadly bastid.

Numeroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 05:39:01 am »

I think you should be able to pasture them somewhere and then unpasture them, releasing them outside the cage, or build the cage and link it to a lever if you want to drop them on invaders.
Back when pastures didn't exist, I used to pit them down a 1-z level drop, silly me. I never got into husbandry much.

Ah, thanks, worked. Turning them all into war dogs at the moment. I'm hoping to get some polar bears for my military later but my hunters weren't aware of this and killed the only one I've seen so far.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 01:10:54 pm »

Nicely done.  You should consider joining in at http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76346.0 if you aren't already there.

I currently have an orange-feathered fire-breathing toad down in my caverns, but he can't find his way up.  Yet.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: [1] 2