Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weird Forgotten Beasts?  (Read 4806 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Forgotten Beasts?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 03:59:46 pm »

So it's a really tall humanlike being made of vomit. I'm not sure how it didn't fall apart immediately after wandering onto the map. I was really worried it would be hard to kill at first but then I said "Hey, it's made of vomit, I can't imagine that it's attacks would do much other than disgust a dwarf." I was right, outfitted a dwarf with an artifact elk bone sword and some decent armor and he killed it in a good 20 seconds and left unharmed.

Are you sure that's a tail?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 09:29:17 pm »

I just managed to kill a skinless Otter that had Deadly Blood. It would make your organs bloat and rot at the same time, while you walked to the hospital leaving a trail of miasma anywhere you go. Also when you get to the hospital there would be no doctor because they think fishing is way too important to be left unattended (even though they should have stopped fishing some 2 seasons ago). Somehow the butcher chopped it without spilling blood, and its now being turned into roasts.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 11:05:50 pm »

If they're "forgotten beasts", then how come they show up in Legends? And when they show up, not only is their name available, but a detailed description and combat hints (beware their deadly X)! It doesn't make seeeeeeense.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scienceIswear

• Escaped Lunatic
  • She absolutely despises reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 12:19:03 am »

Aspast Dunem Loslal (Aspast the Moth of Starvation): "An enormous hairy pterosaur. It has a curling trunk and it undulates rhythmically. Its midnight blue hair is long and straight. Beware its webs!"
My most brutal attack by a titan was a buffalo twisted in human form with three eyes, long flowing pink hair, and emanating an aura of giving and kindness.

Now I'm not sure how kindness would translate in that monster's tongue, but he sure gave a lot of beatings.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 04:32:58 am »

Is it possible to get one made of magma?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 07:35:12 pm »

I've never seen one, but I've gotten fire ones before. Go down easy from a distance but take everyone in a small radius with them.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 09:02:12 pm »

Or water?
If there has ever been a FB of water, then they should be able to become magma too.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 03:41:10 am »

I've once had a blob of vomit, even it's inability to be hacked in a half didn't help it to survive for any significant time period. It has committed suicide by firing its dust and causing a loose sock to destroy it in one hit.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Dorftrottel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 04:59:06 am »

It would have made an awesome 50's horror film monster though:
"A digestive won't help you when encountering this nauseating creature: There's no escaping The Bile of the Barf Beast! (Parental guidance is adviced.)"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:03:37 am by Dorftrottel »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:27 am »

Water FBs are definitely possible. I remember one made of steam. They're as resistant as the vomit ones. I'm not sure about magma.

My fortress has been recently attacked by a six-legged quadruped composed of flame and with a bloated body, called Ana. It stayed at the edge of the map and didn't move even when a marksdwarf was shooting it to pieces.

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 08:37:00 am »

I got a three tailed blob of salt a bit ago, fell apart from a shield bash. I'm not sure what to do with the three tails, I guess since they are salt they won't rot...
Pages: 1 [2]