Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm  (Read 23173 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:18 am »

Despite being a huge studio, Disney actually has a very good track record of doing everything right. Aside from the plots being limited to G-rated things.

I'd say it was mainly to obtain better talent. Disney has always been at the top of the game, and them getting ILM was the only step higher. They've done a pretty damn good job with some of their games, and I think they'd actually be able to do a great job with LucasArts.

Out of a lot of studios out there, Disney's smart enough to know when to give its employees creative space, and even how to motivate it.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »

Despite being a huge studio, Disney actually has a very good track record of doing everything right. Aside from the plots being limited to G-rated things.
Don't forget the Pirates of the Caribbean! That entire series (except maybe the newest one, haven't seen it) was very much PG-13, and produced by Disney.

Hell, I wish I remembered that sooner. It could be pointed out towards a lot of stupid comments in this thread.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2012, 02:59:42 pm »

As if any Star Wars plot ever was above PG.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 01, 2012, 09:24:41 pm »

Hey MaximumZero, if you're around, can you teach me the ways of facepunching?
I'm here. Also, I can't be too mad at Disney. They own ESPN, they gave us the Avengers, and they own Pixar.

Seriously, everyone chill. Things will probably work out.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »

Whatever happens, it'll still be better than Lucas digging his senile claws into the original trilogy any more. Sort of like a mercy-killing, except with a chance of casting Cura instead.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:47 pm »

Cura
CURE 2

I loathe FF7's stupid suffixes. They are a blight upon the franchise.

[/irrelevant derail]
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2012, 09:49:18 pm »

Hey MaximumZero, if you're around, can you teach me the ways of facepunching?
I'm here. Also, I can't be too mad at Disney. They own ESPN, they gave us the Avengers, and they own Pixar.

Seriously, everyone chill. Things will probably work out.
I don't want to facepunch Disney. I want to facepunch people that won't chill :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2012, 09:52:26 pm »

I want to face punch Disney until they try to make a disney princess movie again and make it GOOD...

not counting Enchanted (and I didn't see it)

Or I guess I want to face punch Disney until they finally stop trying to make comedies.

No really... when was the last serious cartoon movie with comedy elements? I am not counting CG (as Toy story series would count easily... and probably Shrek 2)

It is like a dark shadow of comedy has a stranglehold on animation. Want a movie for not adults? Well it better SERIOUSLY lay thick the comedy because those kids won't be able to pay attention.

Please ignore those old stagnant movies like Beauty and the Beast that were able to balance their comedic and serious elements and deliver an entirely serious movie. Clearly because comedy thick movies with serious elements are the ONLY formula.

Hmm I shouldn't complain. Some movies actually did "Thick comedy with seriousness" quite well. I guess what I mean is that I want a serious movie where comedy is secondary.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:58:00 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2012, 09:57:58 pm »

Cura
CURE 2

I loathe FF7's stupid suffixes. They are a blight upon the franchise.

[/irrelevant derail]

I first (in a fit of horrible decision-making) played FFIV as the GBA version because I CBA to download a second emulator. Spell names latched into my brain and that was that.

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2012, 09:58:55 pm »

I'm sorry Dice, but we'll have to put you down. You're beyond hope.

*cocks shotgun*
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »

Would it help if I said that I loathe Tidus with the hatred of a thousand gods of war?

3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »

Would it help if I said that I loathe Tidus with the hatred of a thousand gods of war?
Aw, you don't like Meg Ryan?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2012, 10:01:12 pm »

No, because 10 was the last semi-decent one.

You can mildly dislike him. Save the hatred for his outfit.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:05 pm »

Would this be a bad time to mention I liked XIII?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21