Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm  (Read 23183 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2012, 04:32:02 pm »

tl;dr, Darth Vader is like Frankenstein's monster. Satisfied, gentlemen? Only except instead of living while hated by society and attempting to define his purpose in life he had a position of some considerable political and military power and killed rebels.

So yeah.

So he's not like Frankenstein's monster at all, but instead the scene has parallels to the Frankenstein movies that are meant to symbolically signify Anakin's transformation into a monster/Darth Vader?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »

So he's absolutely nothing like it.

NIIIIINJAAAAAA.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2012, 04:48:48 pm »

NIIIIINJAAAAAA.

Well that is too complex and too dark for children

As "New Disney" we are instead going to replace that scene with THREE comical sidekicks.

In fact our new movie is C3PO, Jar Jar, and a jive talking Ewok having adventures.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2012, 04:50:26 pm »

Why would you use an ewok over a jawa.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2012, 04:59:36 pm »

Why would you use an ewok over a jawa.

Because Disney loves fuzzy animals and comic relief characters.

I mean... why else would there be three comic relief sidekicks in Princess and the Frog otherwise?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »

I mean... why else would there be three comic relief sidekicks in Princess and the Frog otherwise?
I loved that movie until the animal sidekicks showed up.

Grr...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2012, 05:05:58 pm »

NIIIIINJAAAAAA.

Well that is too complex and too dark for children

As "New Disney" we are instead going to replace that scene with THREE comical sidekicks.

In fact our new movie is C3PO, Jar Jar, and a jive talking Ewok having adventures.
I feel the urge to punch something for some reason. Perhaps it's the endless parade of slippery slope fallacies and people who think that they're valid points.

Hey MaximumZero, if you're around, can you teach me the ways of facepunching?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2012, 05:31:07 pm »

Until we get something else from the people now in charge of SW everything beyond the fact that there will most likely be movies 7, 8, and 9 is flights of fancy on our part. Its all slippery when you have no facts to work with as you can only go on the past IE, they had this so they did that, and apply it to the current situation. Also because it is Disney who do have a reputation for making what is now easier to call a Disney movie I think the fears behind our points are valid.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »

I feel the urge to punch something for some reason. Perhaps it's the endless parade of slippery slope fallacies and people who think that they're valid points.

Actually I was bringing up the movie "Princess and the Frog" only replacing "three comedy sidekicks" with annoying Starwars characters plus inventing one more.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2012, 06:17:50 pm »

Actually I was bringing up the movie "Princess and the Frog" only replacing "three comedy sidekicks" with annoying Starwars characters plus inventing one more.

What about Chewie?  Remember how great untranslated wookie is from star wars christmas special?
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2012, 07:49:00 pm »

I don't know what Disney films you've been watching, but in mine the bad guy dies. Usually by falling off a cliff.
Hook is a codfish!
Let us not forget poor Prince John too.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2012, 08:04:56 am »

It couldn't of got any worse! Vader was like Fucking Frankenstein at the end of episode 3!]
In case you haven't already been corrected, you mean he was like Frankenstein's Monster, right?

(If you have, I'll may edit in some other comment that needs making onto this post.)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 01, 2012, 08:05:53 am »

It couldn't of got any worse! Vader was like Fucking Frankenstein at the end of episode 3!]
In case you haven't already been corrected, you mean he was like Frankenstein's Monster, right?

(If you have, I'll may edit in some other comment that needs making onto this post.)

We've already derailed in that direction, so edit away.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2012, 08:13:48 am »

Would have done, but you replied, so... now, what was I going to replace it with?

First of all the words "male midwife", in answer to one post, then I had something else to say, instead, when I decided that wasn't good enough.

No, that doesn't work now either...

Darn you, you ninjas-that-aren't-ninjas,-instead-it's-me-being-an-antiNinja-who-should-have-checked-the-very-next-page-of-the-thread!

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2012, 09:55:12 am »

I think that this could be a good thing.

First: Kathleen Kennedy will be in charge, which is a good sign.
Second: George Lucas will not be in charge, which is an even better sign.
Third: Not all of Disney is Pixar/the animation department.
Fourth: Disney has a good record of going hands off on their new acquisitions.
Fifth: Is the possibility of revolving directors/writers. Joss Whedon and Brad Bird anyone?
Sixth: No new edits of the original films!
Seventh: Ok, so maybe it does end up sucking. Three words: Red Letter Media. Tell your friends.

Basically I don't think they can make it worse. Which means, if we go in expecting the prequels we can't be disappointed, and we may be pleasantly surprised.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21