Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm  (Read 23110 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »

I'd hardly call it a movie if its what you're thinking of. Wasn't it the size of a youtube video or something?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2012, 11:48:55 pm »

I'd hardly call it a movie if its what you're thinking of. Wasn't it the size of a youtube video or something?

All I know is that it involved the most annoying Luke Skywalker EVER! and that no one died from any of the previous movies in this version.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2012, 11:53:34 pm »

On the other hand, we have the Holiday Special to thank for Boba Fett, right?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »

On the other hand, we have the Holiday Special to thank for Boba Fett, right?
This is true. Okay, the Holiday Special was good for one thing, though he was in a couple of cartoons rather than the actual movie, IIRC.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:27 pm »

I'm not going to lie, I hated episodes 1 through 3 I hate KOTOR, I hate the extended Universe, and I really, really hate boba fett.

Want to know what disney is going to do? Extended universe, Boba Fett, boba fett, and BOBA FETT.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:32 pm »

If they did decide to go for the Thrawn trilogy, that would make me quite happy.
:D

Star Wars Episode VII
Jar Jar Bink's Adventure Time: Discovery of the Ewoks!
   Come see Jar Jar as he discovers a new race of primitive people, those of you familiar with Star Wars will remember them fondly! Yes that's right, its the EWOKS! Back by popular demand come see how Jar Jar Bink's manages to discover their home and then stays awhile. For all ages!
If that one ends with Jar Jar being brained by the Ewoks I'd watch it for the braining :P
I dunno if there'd be any Ewoks left.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2012, 12:01:29 am »

Theres a chance that Disney will surprise everyone and go backwards in the timeline and movieificate the Sith War instead, Kilroy. Pretty easy to find the good vs evil theme back there. And we'd get to ignore palpatine entirely until the sith die down into Rule of Two form.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2012, 12:02:22 am »

Theres a chance that Disney will surprise everyone and go backwards in the timeline and movieificate the Sith War instead, Kilroy. Pretty easy to find the good vs evil theme back there.
So.. stuff from SWTOR then?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2012, 12:02:31 am »

Theres a chance that Disney will surprise everyone and go backwards in the timeline and movieificate the Sith War instead, Kilroy. Pretty easy to find the good vs evil theme back there.

DANG IT enough prequils... lets go FORWARD!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:30 am »

Going forward involves wading into the murky EU though and walking over lots of feet. (or like I said earlier, AU circumvention) Theres much less definition when you go back around the Sith War, Darth Bane, etc. Barely any at all any if they go back far enough to include the Rakatans.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:51 am »

Going forward involves wading into the murky EU though and walking over lots of feet. (or like I said earlier, AU circumvention) Theres much less definition when you go back around the Sith War, Darth Bane, etc. Barely any at all any if they go back far enough to include the Rakatans.

Then go sideways... Starwars alternate universe!

Stop going backwards!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 12:07:57 am »

Stop going backwards!
Would filming die-hard fans at conventions qualify as going sideways?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2012, 12:08:45 am »

Stop going backwards!
Would filming die-hard fans at conventions qualify as going sideways?
No, thats just meta-films.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:26 am »

Theres a chance that Disney will surprise everyone and go backwards in the timeline and movieificate the Sith War instead, Kilroy. Pretty easy to find the good vs evil theme back there. And we'd get to ignore palpatine entirely until the sith die down into Rule of Two form.
I'd rather have luke skywalker fall on his light saber, than have to listen to 50 jedi talking about trade treaties for 3 hours. AGAIN.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2012, 12:20:40 am »

It sounds like it's going to be after Return of the Jedi. Makes sense. Prequels were flop, ergo sequels.

Also, can we take a moment to think about Summer 2015: Avengers 2, Justice League of America, Star Wars: Episode VII … I can't even believe I'm typing that.

Excellent point random internet dude.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21