Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 230678 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1080 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:22 pm »

In that case, you could ask someone you know to make a sprite for you:
The sheet to follow looks like this.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #1081 on: November 19, 2012, 03:10:31 am »

Perhaps the big bad is actually the thing that prevents the ACTUAL big bad from being released into the world. Upon release, the PC gets knocked out for an unspecified amount of time, within which all shit hits yonder fan and somehow causes the penguins and the bronies to start fighting over a generic MacGuffin, which, coincidentally, is also the same thing you need to defeat the ACTUAL big bad. And whatever faction you choose, the enemy will end up with the MacGuffin. So, you need to steal the MacGuffin, escape to the big bad's lair and defeat him. The big bad who you fight turns out to be Dermp who then tells you that you were tricked by your faction and have to slay the ACTUAL ACTUAL big bad. After doing so, both factions are angry at you. Sounds good?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:23 am »

"Will you just keep out of our shit, for once?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 19, 2012, 02:48:47 pm »

Can the big bad actually be the big bad for once?

Ignoring all those games where the big obvious big bad was the big obvious big bad.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 19, 2012, 06:07:38 pm »

So it would reveal the big bad wasn't the big bad, it was some other guy, but, when you defeat the other guy, it's revealed that the original guy was really the big bad all along?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 19, 2012, 06:11:34 pm »

What was that game that I played that did this...?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:02 pm »

So it would reveal the big bad wasn't the big bad, it was some other guy, but, when you defeat the other guy, it's revealed that the original guy was really the big bad all along?

And the fake big big bad is actually one of the two macguffins required to beat the original big bad? Provoking a big quest to go find the remaining macguffin?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 19, 2012, 09:08:45 pm »

I don't... wha?

Where do I come in on this?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:42 pm »

And the fake big big bad is actually one of the two macguffins required to beat the original big bad? Provoking a big quest to go find the remaining macguffin?
Not quite complicated enough.
I don't... wha?

Where do I come in on this?

How about this.
The warlord you defeat in the tutorial is initially made out to be the BB, but obviously isn't since you defeat him pretty early on. You discover hints in town (delivered by a gold-eyed man?) about Derm, who sounds like a bad guy. You investigate, and either get Derm to join you or drive him off*. Then, you discover something that suggests that a lich in this big tower in Roll to Dodgia is the BB, and Derm was trying to destroy said lich in ways that confused me given their collateral damage. Once you reach the tower, though, Dirg and the lich(ette) have kicked off the huge civil war between themselves, the Conservatives, me, bronies, penguins, dwarves, etc. After some side quests or something, Tim arrives and looks like an all-slaying Big Bad. However, it turns out that misko and the lichette/Dirg caused him to be here, so you need to enlist the help of the ponies or penguins to defeat one of them. Plot twist, Tim was lying and is actually the Big Bad, and manages to crush the surviving army with Xantalos's help and is about to destroy the world! You must have an item gained from defeating misko and one from the lichette combined by GWG and Aperture Science to protect you from Tim's OHK gun. Also useful will be the spell(s) from the Holy Log. Upon defeating Tim, the ghost of the warlord appears as a bonus boss.
*I seem to recall discussion about the possibility of Derm being defeated and befriended at differing points, being stronger the later you pick him up. If this won't be added, disregard the "or drive him off" bit.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:21:32 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 19, 2012, 10:21:46 pm »

You put in an asterisk but it doesn't lead to anything.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:00 pm »

Fixing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »

If you never pick me up, I regain my full power and annihilate most everything! Haha!, that sentence was useless.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 20, 2012, 01:12:34 am »

Then after all that jazz

Armok shows up as the true final boss and goes "Ha fools! I have made this plotline COMPLETELY INCONCEQUENTIAL!!!" with lightning bolts and fire.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 20, 2012, 02:41:55 pm »

Then after all that jazz

Armok shows up as the true final boss and goes "Ha fools! I have made this plotline COMPLETELY INCONCEQUENTIAL!!!" with lightning bolts and fire.
This sounds about right.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 20, 2012, 05:13:25 pm »

I propose 504's be worked into the plot somehow
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 111