Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 230646 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #735 on: November 07, 2012, 08:01:04 pm »

Kinda watching this. Fan projects are always fun.

Mostly wondering where you got all those different scripts?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 07, 2012, 08:02:25 pm »

I'll take 'Nightmares' as my item theme, seeing as my power relies on me to take creative approaches to it.

May want to be a bit more specific.

Though I cannot remember. Were you the guy who actually doesn't change his equipment and whos equipment is based around how many times he was defeated in the story before recruitment?

Though hmmm Nightmare weapons: Nightmare, Night Terror, Bad Dream, Falling... ugh I am bad at this...

Let me see: Nod, Night Terror, Elysium, Morpheous... hmm this works better. Your weapons being just perverted dreams.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 07, 2012, 08:04:32 pm »

You're thinking of Zanzetkuken The Great, and his complete and utter lack of new equipment. Of course he does have actual equipment... but only one for each equipment slot.

Oh, and obviously I'll be using surgical implements as my weaponry. I am a medibot, after all.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 07, 2012, 08:05:52 pm »

I think I worded that wrong but I forgot what I meant originally.

Maybe it was just a general theme of 'Imagination'?? Meh.

Your list works. But what to use for Infinity+1...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:09 pm »

I think I worded that wrong but I forgot what I meant originally.

Your list works. But what to use for Infinity+1...

Oblivion, Monster, Chaos, Infinity, Banal, Profane

Succubus, Lilith, Dreameater, Wishslayer

Insane Whispers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:19:57 pm by Neonivek »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 07, 2012, 08:12:58 pm »

*Snap* got it. Obviously my ultimate weapon is 'Derm'.

All those are great for what find in the world though. *Considers* Remove incubus.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 07, 2012, 08:17:55 pm »

*Snap* got it. Obviously my ultimate weapon is 'Derm'.

All those are great for what find in the world though. *Considers* Remove incubus.

Yeah >_>

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:00 pm »

I should be in on this.
Some mad, reclusive NPC who varies wildly from easy, laidback humour to unintelligible ALLCAPS shouting at the sky. And maybe the occasional decent advice.
I might have to teach myself to sprite. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »

I might be able to do something if you tell me what you want.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 07, 2012, 10:28:15 pm »

If anyone could help me sprite (I don't know if I am still a PC or not) I'd be grateful. My Schedual gets really tight for a while.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2012, 12:22:32 am »

Yeah, pickaxe would be pretty iconic. Liking this already, just wondering if Reudh is down for this.

Uriel looks beastly. I'm up for it.

Well, a pikeaxe would be awesome, and it's not like we'll be sharing too many weapons between the characters anyways. Sure, let's go with mining equipment. Then we could have heavy drills and chainsaws and power tools...

Yes. Please. I want to see the main character carrying around a mining pick, with a chainsaw strapped across his back. Though jackhammers could be pretty sweet?

Weapons for use in Yanfly are icons. I forget what size they are each, I think 24 x 24. I'm not sure how to get bows properly working. At the moment people seem to just use them as a club.

So I took a look at the Yanfly scripts.

• Skill Overhaul: Essentially it's a point buy system for skills. I don't think we're gonna have enough skills to make it  anything worthwhile and anyway it's just too much of a hassle.
  • Enemy Levels: Scalable enemies. Eurgh. Do not want or recommend.
  • New Battle Stats: That's something I can get behind. Dex can allow for more variety in characters, such as the reliable oft-critting striker against an inaccurate powerhouse. Res can make people tanks against magic without making them capable spellcasters.
  • System Game Options: Options menu? Sure, I'll take it!
  • Skill Equip: See Skill overhaul. We won't be likely to have a ton of skills so managing them is just going to be annoying.
  • Skill Fusion: Now this gets interesting. Mutant Cat x Zerg Rush = Horridorable Catsplosion. Death of a Thousand Posts x one of XK's skills = Summon Darvi. I could go on, but the possibilities are interesting.
  • Controlled Encounter Rate: Balanced encounters? Sounds reasonable enough.
  • Keyboard Input: Might be useful once we have anything to name or something. Like the initial OC idea that somebody brought up.
  • Party Influenced Music: Part of what I liked about Golden Sun 2 is how you start playing as Jenna and SUDDENLY new fight music. This is gonna be great if everybody gets their own themes.
  • Swap Random Monster: I like randomness. Yeah why not. Not a must have though.

I like this suggestion. There's plenty of battle themes out there gratis, too. Not all of them will fit what we need, but Newgrounds and RMRK both have a decent collection. Some of those scripts sound amazing. Would you care to link them?

Looking at the list I didn't know I even got a Tentative spot >_< (which I may or may not have lost)

I always assumed I didn't get to reserve and that I was going to be bumped off almost immediately >_<

I was going to make a Buff/Debuff character.

--

One thing you may have to do Darvi is alter the system to accomidate the sheer number of mages there are in this game.

We do have a terrible amount of mages at the moment. We're in desperate need of meleers. Greatorder, USEC when his sprite is ready, Zerg and Svampapa are meleers. Darvi's an all-rounder. Fool when his sprite is ready is a monk with some magic capability, an 'exorcist'.

Hey I don't complain. The only other melee fighters are a bear and an Arrogant Kung Fu Guy respectively, so I get all the weapons. Huzzah!

Do not forget that I am a melee fighter, as well as a having the ability to use sunlance.

By the way, can speed be changed for different attacks?  It would not make sense to wait the same length of time for weaker attacks.

• Enemy Levels: Scalable enemies. Eurgh. Do not want or recommend.
If this does not apply to all of the creatures, this could be used upon the dragon that my char transforms into.

I believe it should be fixed. With the transformation, it applies buffs. For example, you could select Zanzy's 'Power' gene to get an attack boost and special skills that revolve around meleeing, or 'Spirit' to get a SPI boost and special skills that revolve around buffing, debuffing, boosting... It's possible to combine them, but only as long as Zanzy's MP holds out. It'll decline per turn at a rate that's defined in the script. When the MP is less than what the transform or combined transform requires, he automatically swaps back to his (very weak?) human form.

Also, with Sunlance, the PC version would have to be much much weaker or have different effects. 100% KO is far, far too powerful. I could give it a 25% success rate, hit four times, have a chance of inflicting a particular status ailment. That way it's got a good chance of inflicting one ailment. Let's say, 25% KO chance, 25% poison chance, 25% poison Zanzy and 25% KO Zanzy. You could extremely rarely get all four effects at once, at a chance of 6.5%. Though that seems too high to me...

And now I have stats

HP: B
MP: A
PPD: E
SPI: A
FPS: C
DEX: D
RES: A

I'm a bit of a glass cannon in a way. Also, with Skill Fusion, I demand we get a way to have mine and Derm's top skill fused. We shall call it the uberpocalypse.gif, 1d100000 damage to all enemies.

Your skills are tad unbalanced, man. Think of it as this: A is +2. B is +1. C is 0. D is -1. E is -2. By defining a stat, you'd ideally want 0.
HP: B = +1
MP: A = +3
PPD: E = +1
SPI: A = +3
FPS: C = +3
(you missed out on DEF, so i'll throw that as an E) = +1
DEX: D = 0
RES: A = +2

If you want to be a magical glass cannon, here is what I will recommend.

HP: D = -1
MP: A = +1
PPD: E = -1
SPI: A = +1
FPS: C = +1
DEX: E = -1
RES: B = 0

No sprites done yet, but I have a portrait now!

Ah yeah. Looking good.

Bang, in the faceset.

Quick crummy character concept sketch gogogogo

You call that crummy? I love it. I reckon Uriel is now the main PC.

Since FuzzyZergling hasn't posted it yet, I'll go ahead and share his spritesheet of my Battlechef character(s).

Also, I just had the idea that, if my Kadzars do end up selling items, one of the things they could sell would be a line of Throwing Pies.

Edit: Or the pies could just be potions, but you have to throw them at people for them to work. I don't know, is that too slapstick?

In battle, an item that calls a script or skill moves above the player's head briefly before fading out. I could then use the pie sprite and have it move to the opponent.

I'll take 'Nightmares' as my item theme, seeing as my power relies on me to take creative approaches to it.

"Staff of Thanatos" This twisted, gnarled, black and creeping staff contains such fell power as has never been seen in the world of Twelfth Bay. Dermonster focussed all his fears and hatred into imbuing this staff, and as such, its power is darkness.

Kinda watching this. Fan projects are always fun.

Mostly wondering where you got all those different scripts?

Most of these are from the Yanfly Engine Melody demo, on yanflychannel.wordpress.com. Some are taken from RMRK with permission.

I should be in on this.
Some mad, reclusive NPC who varies wildly from easy, laidback humour to unintelligible ALLCAPS shouting at the sky. And maybe the occasional decent advice.

VX Ace Trial has a sprite creator. It's a 216MB download and only works for 30 days though. Otherwise, learning to sprite would be best for you. Alternatively, Fuzzy is a god.

Whew. I think that's it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:26 am »

We do have a terrible amount of mages at the moment. We're in desperate need of meleers. Greatorder, USEC when his sprite is ready, Zerg and Svampapa are meleers. Darvi's an all-rounder. Fool when his sprite is ready is a monk with some magic capability, an 'exorcist'.

Heh. Meleer. Attack is my dump stat. The only thing that makes me a fighter is my (relative?) lack of offensive skills and decent health/defence. I'm a white mage through and through. Or grey mage as the case may be, seeing as I want to cast a few debuffs and, well, I'm a robot.

Also, are the stats I posted okay? I think that I forgot about Dex and Res, but I'm not sure if I want to change them beyond C. Maybe take a point out of HP to put into Dex? I'm not 100% sure what exactly Dex does as a stat.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 08, 2012, 12:40:40 am »

Awwright, here's some potential stats for Uriel I guess. Not sure what we're leaning toward ("the Mario" of the group?)

HP: A
MP: C
PPD: B
SPI: D
FPS: D
DEX: C
RES: D

Main heroes usually have the highest HP :P

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 08, 2012, 12:42:12 am »

Those stats look pretty good. I assume that all skills use up MP, right?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 08, 2012, 12:51:44 am »

Yanfly allows you to make other variables controlling power, like 'rage', for a warrior who can only use a move if he's gathered enough rage via taking/dealing damage.

But all skills use MP, except for if you define it as 0.

Also, Freeform, you forgot DEF.

USEC, Dex controls critical hit chance I believe, and larger dex = higher crit damage and higher crit chance.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:53:16 am by Reudh »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111