Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Interest gauge (sci-fi corporate)  (Read 6013 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Interest gauge (sci-fi corporate)
« on: October 29, 2012, 07:37:05 pm »

Hey guys this thread is to test the interest (obviously) and maybe eventually become a thread for a futurific corporation game. Obviously you do things like computer, space travel, biotech etc. Submit your speciality now if you want this to go forward so here is a sheet

Name of company:

Speciality:(keep this broad)

Description:

Goals:

An actual time for this start will probably be in a week or so since marching season is coming to a close meaning my teachers will murder me for any mistakes so yeah, also the time commitment.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Interest gauge (sci-fi corporate)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 07:38:01 pm »

Reserved for the future

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:15:47 pm »

Stone Trade and Tech (ST&T)
Specialty: Mainly trade, but some R&D projects which usually go nowhere profitable
Description: The Stones have been in space for generations. ST&T's founders, Castor and Pollux, were clever boys who began by bringing pets and luxuries to the old Solar Belt Miners. Eventually, they broadened their horizons to the point that they had their own ship (including space for themselves, their Chief Advisor/grandmother, and two others), then some separate ships hauling sausages and sweets to the Belt for ore, then eventually a big corporation. Once the twins got enough money, they hired various trained scientists to help them with various scientific projects of varying value.
Over the generations, not much changed. The two co-CEOs of ST&T, Lazuli and Torisen Stone, are descended from Castor and Pollux; the company still derives most of its funds from trade; and remains the leader in unprofitable research while still churning out occasional gems.
Goals: Not much. As long as humanity thrives, the money keeps trickling in, and science gets done, they don't mind. Usually. Lazuli, descended from Castor, is a woman in her early 20s just got the position from her mother and is interested in increasing the scope of ST&T's ventures. Torisen, Pollux's descendant, a veteran of the Mobile Infantry in his 70s and missing an arm, is more benevolently minded. After all, they already have a near-monopoly on large-scale stellar trade; why do they need to do more? Heck, old Jeremiah Stone secured all but legal acceptance and recognition of the monopoly! This leads to plenty of internal politics.

-----

This has potential. I always think that it's not the game, but the game master, that determines if a game is good or bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:28:00 pm »

Name of company: gene telekinetic corp.

Speciality:  with the future head of them they are developing genetic monsters the futures workers! currently they are using a special mutagen that is found by a secret chemical mixture that cause  almost always beneficial mutation(keep this broad)

Description: a genetics company  driving forward the future of genetics and RnD and is beginning nano augmentation of there genetic patients.

Goals:, making the unlimited human:  super hearing ( elf ears recommended ) and various body changes to allow super speed and endurance and telekinesis. and allows  along the way some various creatures for pure curiosity no war animals of death for us!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:39:04 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »

Hmm... Great Wrym Gold your application is going to require, a slight change of settings on my part, however I would rather you be happy with this game then to have to redo your form, and as long as no one goes further than yours went in terms of tech we should be good.

wer6: pretty good, though one has to question the wisdom of creating super humans to serve you, many possible things that can go wrong, though this is Bay12 and I am sure you will purposefully cause the mutant revolution, and find a way to profit from it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »

Name of company: Southern Cross Industries (SCI)

Speciality: Robotics and Cybernetic Augmentation

Description: Founded on pre-extraterrestrial colonization Earth, Southern Cross Industries started it's ascent by manufacturing not only robots for industries, but also combat drones and power armour for military forces (and paramilitary ones, if they had the money) worldwide. SCI took the lead on it's field with the development of prosthetic limbs, such as arms or legs, that, while still crude, used the body's own energy instead of relying on external power sources. With time the designs improved, and it wasn't long before cybernetic limbs (usually called augmentations) became far superior to organic ones. While no longer the sole producer of augmentation technology, SCI is still the source of most innovation in it's field. One of Saturn's moons, Titan, is owned by and the location of SCI's headquarters. Any other entities that wish to use Titan's land have to pay SCI, that also acts as the local government.

Goals: The development of true AI, more refined implants and possibly nano-augmentation.

---

If you wish me to change anything (say, the existance of Faster-Than-Light travel) please say so.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:58:54 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:50:26 pm »

Hmm... Great Wrym Gold your application is going to require, a slight change of settings on my part, however I would rather you be happy with this game then to have to redo your form, and as long as no one goes further than yours went in terms of tech we should be good.
Which part? I was trying to avoid that issue...

wer6: pretty good, though one has to question the wisdom of creating super humans to serve you, many possible things that can go wrong, though this is Bay12 and I am sure you will purposefully cause the mutant revolution, and find a way to profit from it.
He wants elves.
Telekinetic elves...GENETICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOOD NIGHT!

Ahem.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 08:51:16 pm »

Yeah no Ftl possible in the setting but I'm trying to keep this prefusion for now, though if anyone does energy that is probably one of the best choices. Energy pretty much currently is thorium reactor based.

GWG the solar system explored part, but it is not to much of an issue.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »

Magnetic Weapons Producers (MWP)

Specialty: Rail-guns, and some dabbling in some other weapons. This includes cruiser sized cannons

Description: Founded 20 years ago, the soon rose as being a dangerous, powerful weapon making company. They soon found a niche with elite units. Mercenary Teams, Spec ops units, and many other elite units began using the weapons from basic assault rifles, to larger rail-gun artillery. They soon expanded from there, selling cheaper weapons to smaller militarily forces, and from there they rapidly expanded, soon creating a small outpost on Mercury, for weapon testing, while the main base is based in Germany, and with smaller ones scattered across the world. The do however, have a relatively large security force, and have been know to... "take out" some smaller competition.

Goals: Development of better weapons, and eventually having a monopoly on military grade weapons.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:18:33 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 08:57:49 pm »

Yeah no Ftl possible in the setting but I'm trying to keep this prefusion for now, though if anyone does energy that is probably one of the best choices. Energy pretty much currently is thorium reactor based.

Going to do a slight modification to mine then (change "pre-ftl" to "pre-colonization of the solar system")
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 10:08:41 pm »

Ah. Mentioning space travel as a specialty of a megacorp made me think that the solar system was colonized. At least some.

Say, SoHowAreYou, how do you feel about the "genetic" telekinesis idea?
Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:21 pm »

Genetic telekinesis rates very high on the profit scale but it is something that will not be easily reached, and a weak form would be very good in the later portions of the game, however with the ability to control magnetism and EM radiation and psychology and neurology mind reading, and later control are good late middle early endgame goals. Your success is based on competition, viability and profitability.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »

We'll I'm in when it starts and wer6's idea rocks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 10:48:55 pm »

Genetic telekinesis rates very high on the profit scale but it is something that will not be easily reached, and a weak form would be very good in the later portions of the game, however with the ability to control magnetism and EM radiation and psychology and neurology mind reading, and later control are good late middle early endgame goals. Your success is based on competition, viability and profitability.
Note to self: In this universe, genes are magical. Research ASAP.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 04:34:53 am »

Note to self: In this universe, genes are magical. Research ASAP.
Or maybe they are not. Anyway, if people are capable of sending brainwaves/ reading minds with their own, I want to be able to take them out with a portable MRI. Same technology, more or less. It should work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6