Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Fallen Gods RTD- 3/6 players- Exploring the ruins...-Accepting players!  (Read 11040 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 3/6 players- Exploring the ruins...-Accepting players!
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2012, 03:10:18 am »

so do Spinal_Taper and I jump in?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2012, 03:22:05 am »

Clean out campsite and begin making a suitable area or stockpile free of vermin for supplies.

"Eunh! Hows it going?"

Spoiler: Talari Kuneho (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2012, 09:58:45 am »

be naked lizardman slave named sethis, wash up on shore and use hunter class skills to follow tracks to main party

((huzzah third slot taken and plot friendly entrance discovered.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »

Name: Hawadir Unkersson
Race: Beljarl
Beljarl are a relatively young race, being the offspring of a frost god and a nymph. Blessed with magic relating to ice, water, and the winds, they are notorious strong, hardy, and tall, though often considered impolite and crude by other races. Their society, which is based on raiding towns, herding, and exploring, is actually quite complex; they just don't care for foreigners. They are, however, unused to and afraid of fire, which they rarely need anyway, as most food is eaten raw and light is unnecessary for their vision.
Class: Temple Guardian
Being born of a god, Beljarl were very religious, and being worthy of the title Temple Guardian was something to aspire to. Able to stop enemies in their tracks, or beat them into the ground, Temple Guardians develop an innate connection to the Temple they serve, eventually being blessed with divine magics and extraordinary abilities, even when crusading away from the temple, to punish those who had defiled it.
Backstory: Hawadir led a simple life by Beljar standards, becoming a captain of his own ship at 83. As time passed, he proved himself in more and more battles, not by the typical method of coming home with severed left hands hung from his shield, but by coming home with every member of his crew alive, time after time. Noticing this, the current king appointed him as a Temple Guardian of the Darhus temple, one of whom's 38 guardians had passed away after a Fire Bear mauled him; his body failed of the heat. But when the gods fell, he found his god unanswering, and the temple itself began to collapse, only supported by Beljarl magic, which had in turn been supported by their god.  While his fellows, most more experienced than he, tried to keep the temple together, and keep it safe from those who might pillage in it this time of weakness, they sent him to see what could be done to fix the root of the problem.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- Exploring the ruins...-Accepting players!
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »

Take some time to study these engravings.
2: You can't decipher much about the engravings, although you can make out an old type of script, on some sort of Tablet. The Tablet seems Shattered, and the Gods seem to be fighting over it's shards. A small rift is also visible, with various appendages, claws, tentacles, and the like, are reaching out of it.

Examine the shrine.
4: As you enter the Large cavern, all forms of smells radiate from it. Some like sulfur, others cinnamon, or even cut wheat or sea salt. There is a Large indentation In the wall, And on a pedestal is a small clay shard, seeming similar in color and texture to a pearl, and a vague rune can be glanced from it in the light of the spiraling lines. There is a hooded figure, slumped against the wall with the indentation.

so do Spinal_Taper and I jump in?
((Not yet. I will PM the waitlisters once the time comes for them to enter.))

Clean out campsite and begin making a suitable area or stockpile free of vermin for supplies.
5: You quickly finish up the camp, and make a safe stockpile for the supplies, although you have yet to see another living thing in these ruins, Vermin or otherwise.

be naked lizardman slave named sethis, wash up on shore and use hunter class skills to follow tracks to main party

((huzzah third slot taken and plot friendly entrance discovered.))
((Hmm... Nice try, but you can enter with the others.))

-Snip-
Sounds okay, I suppose. Also, You and all the others of the whitelist WILL enter the game once the Next chapter begins. And that will occur when the current party members finally make it back to civilization.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2012, 03:58:31 pm »

Warn the others that this place might not be safe.
Then look for anything else that might be helpful/useful.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:01:22 pm by Ultimuh »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 6/6 players- The Prologue is out.
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 04:00:53 pm »

Someone alive and in that kind of place? It was hard to believe such; maybe a skeleton or something along those lines.
"Hello? Hooded mister or miss?"

Examine the hooded person, then the indentation if nothing goes wrong. Check if there are any traps.

Spoiler: Eunh (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:07 pm »

Ok...seems he didn't hear me. For that matter, Uriel was also gone...and that other woman. And...everyone else.

Great.

"Entrance looks...particularly safe. I'd expect perhaps a ratling or two to come by, if not a kobold, I hope." Talari said as he hefted the supplies above his right shoulder, "I don't have any current obligation. Eunh, Uriel, I'm coming for you both!"

Spelunk that cave(rn)! If possible, try to track via scent - follow the most probable one I can find.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »

Will update on friday. Due to complications, I can't update today.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:44:11 pm by OREOSOME »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:52 pm »

Warn the others that this place might not be safe.
Then look for anything else that might be helpful/useful.

!6!:You find some old metal plating, off of a old dusted skeleton. Some sort of Fight must have happened, to leave him there.

Examine the hooded person, then the indentation if nothing goes wrong. Check if there are any traps.
The Hooded figure is infact a skeleton. On further Inspection, the robes appear to be slashed, and slightly burnt around the slashes, and on the skull, as well... The Indentation seems to be just a indent in the wall. However, The runed clay shard seems to continually point at the indent. There appears to be several runes engraved into the Indent. One in particular, matches the one on the clay shard. 4: You find no Traps, though.

Spelunk that cave(rn)! If possible, try to track via scent - follow the most probable one I can find.
4: You head into one of the Side buildings, And it appears to be a temple to 13 of the 26 gods. Namely, The gods of Light. A look into the opposite building reveals a temple to the 13 lords of Darkness. There is one temple left, and it seems to be slightly better lit, being flanked by more of the strange Braziers.

Inside the Third Temple, several beings awaken, released from a deep slumber. One Slithers about it's halls. Another Lights the lamps, to only have them snuffed out by the slithering one. The third, however, Tends the old carving it made long ago, before its  slumber began.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2012, 12:02:03 am »

Eunh spent long minutes staring at both pieces of the puzzle, trying to resist the urge to act like the run-of-the-mill adventurer and consequently going against both his street and common sense. He knew it would probably be very, very stupid to do what he was about to do, but damn it, the temptation was simply overbearing.
"This is like those books about stupid adventurers who get themselves killed..."

Get the clay shard and try to connect its rune with the indent's one or something along those lines, like a good adventurer.

Spoiler: Eunh (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2012, 08:20:36 am »

Two halves of the twenty six, the pantheon divided.

What must this one be to?

Examine third temple!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:30:26 am by Tiruin »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2012, 08:27:39 am »

Craft something we could use of what I found (including the skeleton itself.).

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »

Get the clay shard and try to connect its rune with the indent's one or something along those lines, like a good adventurer.
You do just that. Nothing seems to happen at first, but then, The shard glows, and the skeleton in the robes seems to have moved slightly.

Examine third temple!
You enter the third temple, and the braziers seem lit, and the sound of hissing and slithering is audible throughout the structure. At the end of the Main hall, is a Large engraved wall, covered in glowing runes of some old dialect.

Craft something we could use of what I found (including the skeleton itself.).

!20!: You somehow are able to construct a sort of armored bone golem. It has a few metal teeth covering its jaw, and could probably be somewhat useful in a fight.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 07:35:10 pm »

Activcate the thing.

"Think I'm gonna call him Mr. Bones."

Follow the others, with Mr. Bones behind me for protection.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8