Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Fallen Gods RTD- 3/6 players- Exploring the ruins...-Accepting players!  (Read 11053 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 6/6 players- The Prologue is out.
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2012, 08:52:43 pm »

After leaving the silent barbarian be, Eunh smiled at the results of the armored lady's searches.
"It seems luck hasn't abandoned us after all."

Check what are the "Supplies for Group" and if there is something valuable hidden amidst them. Keep following Talari.

Spoiler: Eunh (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »

"Alright. Looks like everyone is here and ready. We're moving out now."

Head in the direction I saw earlier that resembles civilization.

Spoiler: Talari Kuneho (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 01:10:53 pm »

Head in the direction I saw earlier that resembles civilization.
You begin heading up the path, and eventually you are at the base of the mountain, at the start of a strange set of ruins. There is a long broken set of stone doors at the gates, cut impossibly neat in half.

Follow the group, keeping an eye out for whatever possible crafting materials as we go.
!6!: You find a few iron ingots, before you arrive at the ruins with Talari. You also find what appears to be a metal clad skeleton, wielding a long-rusted sword. +3 iron bars for crafting.

Try to make the goo into deadly flying needles,.
You make a small cloud of shrapnel from the goo, then follow the others to the ruins.

Check what are the "Supplies for Group" and if there is something valuable hidden amidst them. Keep following Talari.
The supplies are really just some food, as well as some meager bits of cloth, which could be used for bedding. You arrive at the ruins, and [1]: Hear some strange muttering from the undergrowth, and 3 Vaguely reptilian foes appear!

A goblin duelist and 2 kobolds appear! COMBAT START!

Spoiler: Foes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

The goblin barks out a command to the Kobolds, [4]: they start flanking the group, and [5]: hits Talari for 3 damage.

The sun is lowering in the sky. It won't be long (2-3 turns) till nightfall.
The goblin is clad in a small leather armor suit, wielding 2 small bastard swords.
The kobolds are wielding little tiny daggers. They have small collars around their necks.
The ruins seem to date as far back as the 2nd era, ie 3500 years. The skeleton Urist found must've been a guard of some sort. The rusted!sword looks like a Khopesh.

Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 01:25:44 pm »

((@GM: How were HP amounts and damage ratings assigned? Eunh has weapons and Urist is unarmed, and Eunh also has the leather armor he found and the equipment he had before being captured (light armor) while Urist only has his body for protection.))

"...Trouble already? Well, just surrender, would you?" Eunh taunted one of the kobolds to prevent their flanking maneuver, taking out two dice and holding them between the fingers of his gloved right hand, his left hand firmly gripping the spear.

He smirks, steps forward and quickly swoops towards one of the enemies with a swoop and thrust.

Attack one of the kobolds using the spear.

Spoiler: Eunh (click to show/hide)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 01:55:39 pm »

(( I decided the health scores by the class's sort of role, I thought that say a fighter would have a fighter would have more health than a Mage or rogue, so for example Talari had the most health because s/he was more of a direct combat type. Also, the armor mostly lowers a amount of damage taken, so say a kobold hits Eunh, and rolls a 4 for damage, the armor would add a -1 to the damage roll, making it roll a 3 for dmg instead. Also, for a 1d3, I will roll a d6 and if 1 or 2, then 1 damage, 3 or 4 is 2 damage, and of course 5 and 6 are 3 damage.))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 02:13:29 pm »

Urist grabbed two of his trusty tools. A hammer in his right hand and a heavy wrench in his left.
"Come get some ye filthy greenskin!"
He taunted the Goblin, not really focusing on the bolds for some reason.

Urist prepares for battle, will attempt to fend off any attacks until the foe is close enough.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:26:08 pm by Ultimuh »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »

((Oh, ok. I thought the HP was being given due to armor, hence Talari getting more HP (since they have heavy armor).

Your explanation made things clear, but the system now makes me imagine Talari with bulging muscles to soak damage. It is a bizarre mental image. :P

Also, wouldn't the current system favor warriors, since their damage would be higher, their hp is higher and they have armor to soak damage? Are there any mechanics for agility, to allow Rogue/Duelist-esque classes to dodge better?))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:47:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »

Equip axe and boots. Follow party.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 03:16:28 pm »

(( yes, rogues would have a bonus to agility involved rolls, and In combat would give the enemy a -1 to their rolls to hit.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 11:42:13 pm »

"Do not engage! Retreat to the ruins!" Talari shouted to her allies in the tongue they spoke. "They will chase us, then we'll have the initiative in our hands. Grab any weapons on the way but keep running!"

Imbue self with an agility bonus! If possible, keep defending my allies to prevent any tactical assault.

Rally by the ruins!

Spoiler: Talari Kuneho (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:54:45 am by Tiruin »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2012, 08:40:46 am »

((What kind of colars are they wearing? Leather? Metal? SOmething else?))

Mara suddenly got a grin.

"Oh i've been longing for this. They'd wish they never have encountered me."

Turn all the metal (Goo+ Shrapnel) Into caltrops, scattering them all around me.
Durrr..

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 09:05:53 am »

(( the kobolds are wearing studded leather collars, which have little spikes of bone sticking outwards.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 09:15:19 am »

((Edited my action, just to point out. :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2012, 09:29:22 am »

((Edited my action, just to point out. :P))
((People do not want to expose themselves during a retreat, I guess. Especially because failed fallback rolls would end up splitting the group.))

"If we try a retreat, we may end up having some of us cornered during the fallback movement." Eunh said, adjusting his top hat. "Standing our ground and fighting is our best shot."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2012, 09:32:11 am »

Curses.

"Most of us are unarmored, we need to pitch in better terrain! Unarmed versus these fighters, we're too open!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8