Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Fallen Gods RTD- 3/6 players- Exploring the ruins...-Accepting players!  (Read 11042 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

In the aftermath of the Great War, which marked the end and dawning of the 5th and 6th eras respectively, the world was plunged into darkness. The skies grew dark. The sun stopped rising altogether in some places. Chaos reigned over the world. Then, one by one, they fell from the heavens. Massive balls of magical fire that had not been seen since when the gods shaped the world. For they were not falling stars, but in fact the gods themselves, cast off from the highest perch for reasons unknown to mortals. They would have to fight alongside the mortal folk of the land to regain their power. This is the story of the Godsfall. And it is a story, that may not be over, even to this day. ~Archmagus Marek Alexander Korel, The Tomes Of History

Welcome to my first RTD, Fallen Gods. In this, the gods have lost their power and have been sent down to the mortal plane, until... Well, that, you will find out on your own.
Note that you, the players do not START as fallen gods, but as mortals.

Spoiler: Character Creation: (click to show/hide)

Players:
Caellath
Tiruin
Ultimuh

Waitlist:
Spinal_Taper
ScapHeap
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:58:03 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 1/6 players- Prologue coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:30:13 pm »

Sounds fun! Reserve!

Name: Mekili
Race: Halfing
Class: Bard
Backstory: Mekili just wants to spread love and music to everybody in the world!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 2/6 players- Prologue coming soon.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »

Name: Mara
Race: Pixie? Can i be a Pixie?!? Maybe a fairy, or ehh.... The Elin from Tera.
Class: Metal mage.
Appearance: White-ish hair, Silver-blueish eyes, crystal clear wings, child like appearance.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:33:01 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 2/6 players- Prologue coming soon.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »

Name: Rosewind De Viice
Race: Human
Class: Beserker/Viking
Backstory: (Will add later.)

Yay, girl party!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 3/6 players- The Prologue is Out.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:39 pm »

Not always does one decide fate. Normally, fate decides them. ~ Ska Hiriat Monk proverb.

You awaken to the sound of the sea. Your hands are bound, bound to the walls around you. A cracks of lightning can be heard even on the bottom of this wretched ship. The Sea Vulture slave ship creaks and moans under the punishment of the storm. Suddenly, the noise just seems to cease altogether. Kuran Ve,lord of the sea and the storms,has smiled upon you. But above the ship, the crew sees otherwise. They are in the eye of a massive storm, and the sea itself seems angered. They pray to the 26 lords and ladies. Those of light, and those of dark. It matters not to them.

A deafening roar, and a boom resound throughout the storm. A glowing ball of green fire descends from the sky, and all onboard are knocked Unconsious or are killed.
Somehow, you all have survived. But now you are lost. This is last thought you all collectively think as you wash up on a shore, and drift away from consiousness.

(Don't send in orders just yet. The group isn't full yet.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:22:02 pm by OREOSOME »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 3/6 players- Prologue coming soon.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »

Name: Eunh Destern
Race: Kind-of-human - You see, Eunh is mostly human, but he has these white rabbit ears and tail and is seriously displeased when someone remembers him of that. (To anyone who didn't get why I did this: rabbit foot > luck > gambler :P)
Appearance: Eunh is a young man, looking fresh out of his teen years and into adulthood. His skin is white and his face is angular, his head sporting light-brown hair with two large white rabbit ears coming from the its top. His eyes are orange and he has a rabbit tail usually hidden under shirts or pants. His mannerisms are characteristic from gamblers and men of luck, always carrying himself with elegance and usually wearing fine clothing with light armor for protection.
Class: Royal Gambler:
A class of magic casters and skirmishers who are mainly proficient in the use of light weaponry and armor, their attacks are mostly based on agility and finesse, but they also have the benefit of luck alongside them. Their magic is centered mostly on fire, lightning and boosting their physical abilities, and the results of their magic attacks are obtained through rolling die, playing with cards or flipping coins - which they do with a fair amount of flair.
Backstory:
Eunh isn't very keen on remembering his childhood, but he remembers he was raised by a couple of poor merchants, helping them face strife and assisting them in their everyday struggle, being constantly picked on due to his animal traits. As he grew, the young boy discovered games and tricks and was entranced by their nature. His skills in the area grew, and it did not take long until he got the hang of it...And he did it perfectly.

In a few years, when Eunh reached early teens, he was already a professional gambler - tricking only the rich and the greedy, he had swore to himself - and had developed both a street savviness and combat ability based mostly on finesse, trickery and agility to counter what he saw as the lack of elegance of his pursuers.

It did not take long for him to get his hands on a tome of magic that caught his attention on a fair. Reading up on the spells, he decided they could help him, but only as long as they carried some of his personal touch. Noticing magic seemed to have some randomness built into it, the young man capitalized on that aspect and developed his skills as a magician based on gambling with magic, always trusting that bit of luck that seemed to have accompanied him since his birth.

Yay, girl party!
C-c-c-c-combo breaker!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:05:00 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 4/6 players- The Prologue is out.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 11:50:58 pm »

Name: Talari Kuneho
Race: Kitsune
Class: Spellwarden
> An ancient order based on the laws of magic and its freeform usage - within the bounds of general human morality and the concept of balance. The Spellwarden uses magic to benefit the wielder as well as augment their personal skills and talents, with the only effect on others being healing, and to a lesser extend, warding from hostile spells.

Backstory: 'Tala' was born and raised in a monastery, having been adopted by the current monastic order due to a... caravan accident nearby caused by the local lawless factions. He was treated as one of their own, and his mindset is that of a human - minus the fact that he has fox-like ears instead of 'normal' ears and a long fluffy tail, these did not hinder his outlook on life. Aiming for the goodwill of others, while deeply cherishing the need in knowing what had happened in his past, Tala worked as a guardian and steward of his order until that fateful day.

Appearance: White fur and deep brown eyes, Talari stands at the height of five and a half feet tall. His body is lithe and lean in structure, and his tail spans up to his neckline. He is normally in a suit of armor - preferably plate mail, and his head by a customary made mask designed to hide his features.

Yay, girl party!
C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

((I love my native tongue :P))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:10:32 pm by Tiruin »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 5/6 players- The Prologue is out.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 04:42:48 am »

Name: Uriel McGuyver
Race: Dwarf
Class: Artificer
-The term is a broad concept.
But in uriel's case, it involves lots of mechanical devices, engines of steam and inventing stuff!
Often Artificiers like him travel around with lots of tools at their disposal for on-the-fly sollutions to the many challenges which they encounter.

Backstory: Uriel were kicked out of his clan and home because of some unfortunate accidents,
involving his creations of science (as he prefers to call them).

((Good enough? Or should I alter the name a bit?))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:03:58 am by Ultimuh »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Gods RTD- 6/6 players- The Prologue is out.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 10:14:52 am »

Okay, I'm gonna clarify what exactly happened in the prologue:
All of the players were taken prisoner by slavers(Called the Sea Vultures).
The slavers went into the eye of a massive hurricane.
A giant ball of fire hit the ship.
The survivors(the players) washed up on some beach, without much equipment. Although (hint hint) there is some wreckage on the beach. Perhaps you could scavenge some weapons or something?

Anyways, start sending in actions now! I'll type up the turn as soon as I can after the actions are all in.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 11:42:05 am »

((Ehhh, i guess i'm a fairy then. Mara got a  child-like voice, even though being an adult in human years and fairy years. If it makes a difference.))
Mara wakes up covered in the wet sand that is ashore.

"Eugh..?"

She slowly remembers what happened on the slaver ship while she pulls herself up.

"Ah, the slaver ship. "

She looked at herself and noticed that she was wet,covered in sand and some cuts and bruises..

"Bah. Sand, i hate getting dirty." said Mara, as she shoved the sand of her body and wings while looking slightly around at the wreckage of the ship and the remaining survivors.

"If only i wasn't chained... I could've bended the metal.. No point in recalling that though."

Mara having finished shoving most of the sand, tries to fly . She manages to slightly levitate above the ground.

"Seems i haven't regained my strength yet. Hopefully i will soon."

Luckily she woke up before that strange man poked her with a stick, which was poking some other woman. Mara flew towards them and greeted them. She wasn;t that shy, unlike other fairies which usually remained in the deep forests. Mara ventured out of her forest and stumbled upon an earth mage. Which learned her a few things, one of them being able to control metal. Heh.. metal. Mara admired metal for it's strength, elegance and thousand of possibilities to reshape it.

"Are you alright? Do you recall of how we got here?" Mara asked, while looking around for any metal objects ( With metal i mean like every metal object E.G golden,steel,iron, bronze etc.)

Search for any metal, let it be a weapon,cup, iron ingot. ANYTHING made from metal.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:27:22 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 11:46:32 am »

Eunh rose, still feeling the aches of being imprisoned and the new, more recent pains of surviving the sinking of that damned ship amidst the storm. Needless to say, he wasn't feeling very well.

He wondered if he still had his dice, cards and his faithful coin somewhere. As long as he had them, some rags and his tophat (adapted for his ears, of course), then he didn't have much to complain about; all he had lost would be gathered once again or replaced by better things.

"Hey, are you guys ok?" he asked, poking the dwarf nearby with a stick, being polite while doing it, of course.

Check personal items and allies and search amidst the wreckage for own equipment taken by the bandits: clothing, light armor, short spear and gambling implements.

((@Mr.Zero: How small is that pixie? Halfling or butterfly-sized?))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:35:03 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

Uriel stood up, brushing sand off his leggings.
He took a look around as he scracthed his beard, he then responded to Eunh.
"Aye.."

Something were missing, he never felt so.. voulneraable without his tools.
He began examining washed-up debris for anything of use.

Uriel will scavange debris for various tools, or make some of his own with whatever he found.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 12:13:13 pm »

((Obviously, we know each other judging by the time cooped up in the slaver ship. I'm betting they chose to save space by stuffing us all in one place.))

Examine self, then look around for any signs of my personal wear - any sort of covering for myself [preferably body armor] or a mask, or more preferably, a polearm.

Tala stood up and checked herself for broken bones as she hid behind a nearby rock outcropping. Doing a few stretches, followed by punches and kicks, it seemed the only pains that she had were from the sand in her white fur and the feeling of salt in her cuts - minor for the moment, she was alive and well.

She thanked the divinities for her safety, denouncing herself for a poor fight against the slavers as she peeked out from behind her hiding place, knowledgeable that the others did not know of her gender.

"I'm alive. Does anyone know where we are?"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:11:15 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:58 pm »

((Obviously, we know each other judging by the time cooped up in the slaver ship. I'm betting they chose to save space by stuffing us all in one place.))
((Yeah, I also suppose we made some idle talk while in the ship.))

"I'm alive. Does anyone know where we are?"

"I have no idea, miss." Eunh answered, looking around and scratching his chin, one of his rabbit ears bending halfway due to the weight of the wet fur.

He straightened the rebel ear back up and sighed.
"At least we're out of that ship."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »

"Oh hello Eunh! Nice to see you've made it out alive, too! And that Dwarf fellow.

"Hmm...looks like pretty much everyone else from the ship didn't make it - only a handful of the...crew are washed up here. Suppose they arrived on distant shores?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8