Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47179 times)

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #390 on: December 25, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »

Crap... what else will I be needing to download?

You'll need the 2D version of Dwarf Fortress, 23a. Or, you could download the last save and copy through the files into the save folder (the last save contained the full version of dwarf fortress 23a with dfhack).

Or, I could bundle up the full version.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #391 on: December 28, 2012, 11:04:04 am »

I've just discovered a problem with DFHack-23a which can cause random crashes when running certain plugins: Dwarf Fortress v0.23.130.23a creates its heap using HEAP_NO_SERIALIZE (to improve performance; later versions of DF don't bother doing this), which can result in heap corruption (and subsequent crashes) if multiple threads try to allocate/free memory at the same time (which is all but guaranteed to happen when running a Lua script).

The fix is simple: apply the following binary patch to dwarfort.exe:
Code: [Select]
0x31E74F : 94 -> 95
The next dfhack-23a build will refuse to start if it doesn't detect this patch.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:09:21 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 28, 2012, 11:19:41 am »

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to do this anytime soon.  My internet connection is too slow to do anything right now.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2012, 06:06:26 pm »

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to do this anytime soon.  My internet connection is too slow to do anything right now.

Alright, I guess this goes onto the next person?

I'd like to sign up for some turn in the future as well, just to see how things have gone.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 28, 2012, 06:08:58 pm »

That it does.  I would like a turn at the end too for when my internet goes back to normal. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 28, 2012, 06:57:24 pm »

That it does.  I would like a turn at the end too for when my internet goes back to normal.

Very well. I think we can accommodate this by having the next person - mastahcheese - take their turn, and then checking whether you are capable of downloading and playing the game. Repeat until you actually take your turn.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 28, 2012, 11:29:28 pm »

Ok, I can start that up, but It might take me some time, BUT I WILL TRY!!

...Can't wait to see what you all did to mess up my brilliant planning.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2012, 12:04:01 am »

1st Granite, of the year 1056.

My long, 5-year absence is over, I have returned to fulfill the legacy I began some many hangovers ago.
Although it appears that my absence was assumed to be 6 years, by the letter that CaptainArchmage had written to LightningFalcon, Ah... I remember when that boy was simply a novice woodcutter, but those days are long gone, and by the hands of one of the few dwarves that have apparantly been loyal to me throughout my absence, this letter is now in my hands, and shall remain so until I decree it should be released. My good fellow mason, Corai, has kept a good watchful eye over the estate, I shall make sure he recieves appropriate accomadations.

Scruffy brought me the new map for me to re-orient myself, but there appears to be some red-colored writing all over it, making the map mostly illegible. As to what the red substance is is beyond me, but after reading over CaptainArchmage's old logs and finding the same substance over and over, I can only assume it to be ratmen blood, to make up for the low amounts of ink. The thought came to me when I noticed Splint and Mr. Frog patroling the halls with the liquid oozing from their weapons, but that Mr. Frog seemed to be muttering something to himself... I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

Now all I have to do is find out where the trigger for the Lance is.... I'll bet Scruffy knows, but since I can't read his maps, I'll just look for it myself.

... And now the Broker has prohibited the export of Flint items.... the day isn't even over, yet.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:12:20 am by mastahcheese »
The Derail Thread

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2012, 12:52:18 am »

Quote from: mastahcheese
Mr. Frog

Mr. Frog

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 29, 2012, 02:29:04 am »

I think i know what his dorf was muttering to himself about. :P

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 29, 2012, 12:50:46 pm »

did he see a list of some sort?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 29, 2012, 07:04:06 pm »

Spoiler: Journal of Mr Frog (click to show/hide)

E: Forgot to strike out a 'them'.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:49:21 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »

6th Granite

Some loud banging came from a room a couple doors down from mine, hopefully those miners hurry up with the excavations of my new home, I would kick out that CaptainArchmage from his mansion, but all those levers in there honestly creep me out. However, I have concluded from this that those are the firing mechanisms for the Lance, and after reading on my poorly drawn map, I might know how to use it, but I think Scruffy is still working on some of the modifications that still need to be put in place.

I found some large houses that are still partially under construction in the south-eastern part of the fortress (Or is it south-east? Can't read this stupid thing) and have furnished a room to provide a new home for my loyal watchman.
I'd move myself into one of those places, but I should have a much better place in a week at the most.

10th Granite

The cave river is flooding, and a young foal has fallen in, at least it was a stray. I don't see any dwarves in the river, though.

12th Granite

The Elven Caravan from Thela.. Theli... Thelawem... Wherever, has arrived.  Hey, it's been a week now, and they haven't even started on my room!
I should issue some beatings.

16th Granite

That Crazy Blacksmith that took over the magma forge just walked out of the forge, I think she just found what she was looking for, I'm following her to see what's to come from this.

18th Granite

A kobold has been spotted in the fort, luckily, however, LightningFalcon was on the spot and rammed a pick through his face before he could make it two steps.

22nd Granite

A kobold almost made off with the artifact, Sidlegon, the bronze idol. However, for mysterious reasons, dropped the idol only feet away from the border, and ran off away from it. I don't know what happened between that idol and the kobold, but whatever it was, I'm not going out to retreive it myself.
On a happier note, my house is now usable, and I can sleep in it while it gets... Oh, wait, I'm the Fortress's best Engraver, I guess I'll do that part myself.

26th Granite

The elves finally made their way to the depot, and we bought their entire load of strawberries and bloated tubers for a single *Andersite Mechanism* and some stray iron bolts

1st Slate

My first month back in the Captain's chair is marked by the beginning of a mysterious construction! That mad blacksmith finally found all that she needed, now hopefully she makes something worthwhile.

5th Slate

An artifact has been created! And it's a Gold... Armor Stand...      Hmm... I guess it will make a nice addition to the chasm barracks.

Tosid Igamathel "Tosid Gorgeringed"
This is a gold armor stand. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with gold and encircled with bands of red spinel and rose quartz. This object menaces with spikes of gold.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:32:35 pm by mastahcheese »
The Derail Thread

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 31, 2012, 10:19:07 am »

Dwarves should really recover that artefact.

It may have something to do with the mechanic by which artefacts make the creator become uneasy and then drop them. Also someone should probably move the artefacts further inside the fort...

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2013, 10:27:20 pm »

So, we have floodgates, bridges a god damned lava spewing device and there are several levers of indeterminate purpose. Yeah, there is NO WAY this is going to end poorly.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42