Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47172 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2012, 07:28:30 am »

Well we still have it happening in this version so I don't believe that it is fixed.
If by "this version" you mean 0.34.11, then it doesn't apply to 23a because it only happens when you issue kill orders against visitors from your civ, and kill orders don't exist in 40d or earlier...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2012, 07:35:05 am »

Or battle reports appearently. Made having Pitchblende kill that gremlin much less fun in the normal sense (it was however Fun because he got fucked up by said gremlin.)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

NEW THINGIE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the person finding these notes being a moron.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2012, 04:04:01 pm »

Makes your dwarf seem like he never paid any attention when his parents taught him how to read and write :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2012, 04:57:52 pm »

25th galena, 1052

Fall fast approaches and we still barely cling to life here. Pitchblende still isn't being seen to, which concerns me. At this rate he'll probably develop an infection or something.

26th Galena, 1052

I keep getting bothered for buckets, and as I can't find a carpentry shop (it was probably smashed during one of the cave ins) I ordered one built a four buckets made. Hopefully this means Pitchblende is getting at least some attention. I think he needs a crutch or something, but hell if I know, I'm not  a doctor.

27th Galena, 1052

If I hear Fath bitch about there not being any buckets one more time, I'm going to beat her fucking head in with a rusty pipe.

2nd Limestone, 1052

Autumn has come on the calander. Took you long enough to do your damned job Kulet. Thank you for making the stupid bucket Fath kept whining for. Also we'll survive a little longer on plants and turtles we've gathered up, from outside and in. And if Ruhn is to be believed, we may have some tasty salmon coming in over the season.

3rd Limestone, 1052

Aseaheru rigged up the improvised walls. In the event of a flood we'll see if they work. If they do, I'll install one along the main cave river crossing. The roadway outside is also nearing completion and should be finished either before or shortly after my reign.

5th Limestone, 1052

I found a note in my room when I woke up this morning, warning about an impending war of secession. Secessionists here? What possible purpose would that serve, we depend upon the mountainhome for new blood and provisions for the winter! I'll have to find out who these conspirators are (And what's more, pass a message to the capital through the supply caravan) and find out who left me the note. It's more legible than the notes Asea has left me concerning his cats and it doesn't look like the handwriting of anyone else I know, but I can't be sure. Regardless, whatever they intend cannot be allowed to pass and I'll need to find unscruplous dwarves to assist me in sabotage  efforts against the secessionists.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:50 pm »

NEW ONE!

can you please have my dwarf make crossbows? pretty please?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »

At this rate he'll probably develop an infection or something.
Infections were not introduced until version 0.31.01, so they don't exist in this version.

I think he needs a crutch or something, but hell if I know, I'm not  a doctor.
Same goes for crutches.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2012, 05:14:47 pm »

I'll enable the labor if there's a relavant one but otherwise we don't need them at the moment. I may actually finish my turn in the next few hours. And please refrain from the gameplay commentary. If I need to find something out I'll ask, anything else is just writing to make my entries less boring, and I'd rather find this stuff out myself, though I understand if that was for the group.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2012, 05:47:49 pm »

9th Limestone, 1052

There was a minor flood but the walls held up. A fisherdwarf named Sodel was of concern, but he kept his footing and continued to try and pull cave fish from the river. The improved walls will go a long ways to preventing deaths. I've also ordered some copper to be smelted so picks can be made and some of the workers with nothing better to do be put to use. LightiningFalcon is a solid dwarf, but he can only do so much alone. Plus we'll need the added miners for my expedition (I prey we don't breach the magama flows at a caldera, otherwise more loyal dwarves will die nedlessly.) The flood also swept away some needed roadstones, so large parts of the road may need to be reworked to compensate.

13th Limestone, 1052

Ablel, one of our metalworkers became oddly quiet while he worked today.I don't like the looks of this...

Addendum, 13th of LImestone

He boxed himself into the workshop he was using so we'll be getting one damned fancy mech out of this.

14th Limestone, 1052

He rolled a basalt boulder into his claimed shop and set to work. Here's to something actually useful! And best of all, a caravan from home was spotted on the horizon by the road crew! I'm sure I can get what we need if I explain the situation to them (plus the fact we have nothing really all that valuable to trade due to our desperate negotiation with the humans means I'll have to find someway to get the goods. Maybe we can put our dead's attire to use.)

17th Limestone, 1052

Ablel finished and yeiled a strange gear he calls Nokorgisek Nunok, "The Dead Cobra of Numbers." it has beautiful rings of basalt where the teeth of a normal gear would be, and it seems he used a bouler he'd been shaping from moonstone to create a wonderfully made image of the founding of our capital Bloodpaint a thousand years ago. Because of the skill and craftsdwarfship, much of us regard him as legendary mechanic now. He didn't know what the deal with it was and had no recollection of even assembling and working the stone, and left it in the shop. I'm sure a gear assembly in a baron's office will be a good use of it, once the accomodations are dug of course.

18th Limestone, 1052

One of the road workers wanted to celebrate but now is no time for that. I flipped the table and punched him in the face and explained that we cannot afford to waste time an energy on merry making until we're in a stable state. He said he understood and went back to work.

20th Limestone, 1052

While it wasn't much, we bought all the meat and cheese they brought (unfortunately that was all they brought.) It may allow us to survive just one more season. Plus, once the plump helmets are consumed, come spring we'll be able to sow a proper crop and maybe even begina brewing operation.

21st Limestone, 1052

I traded a bunch of bone goods, some mail shirts, bloody clothes and some crossbows that were made last year for the remainder of thier food. I've aslo given them a message to pass along to the queen warning her of subversive elements amongst this outpost. I also told the merchants of the situation, and they said they would send more loyal dwarves here next spring.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

well, thingie time?

Highly Opinionated Fool

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2012, 07:08:16 pm »

10th Sandstone, 1052

The last two weeks flew by. I have the sealant lever made and hidden out of the way, and now my hope is to block off the cahsm for a short while (that damned gremlin wedged the door open and I've no way to close it, since nobody has been down there with the knowlege to unjam the hinges.) I have also made a small step towards improved relations with home, offering a well-made andesite mechanism set and a small box of silver coins to the capital, as a show of good faith. I've also grabbed Estan, one of our engineers and told them to assist LightningFalcon with mining operations. I at least want to get the road and main dining area finished, though I doubt I'll be able to get the dining hall furnished as my time here comes to an end.

12th Sandstone, 1052

The merchants from home left today. I saw LightiningFalcon eyeing them and he looked... Annoyed? I asked him if he was ok, and he replied he'd been bothered by rats while he was sleeping was all. Reg and Kulet waved off the merchants, and inform me that the road should be finished and paved by the season's end.

22nd Sandstone, 1052

For some reason people kept blundering into our mason shop so I had it torn down and relocated.

27th Sandstone, 1052

Huzzah! The road is finished at last! At least that's one concern out of the way. Pitchblende is still laid up unfortunately, and already our food stores are starting to dwindle again. I'm almost tempted to rig an accident so we can chop up Aseaheru's damned cats. We keep tripping over the damned things when they follow him around, but he's been a good and loyal worker and I can't afford to lose him.

9th Sandstone, 1052

Food stores are once again becomeing dangerously depleted. I think we have some surface seeds that we can cook, so that ma get us to the end of maybe Opal or Moonstone. However there's no way we'll have food at the end of Obsidian, not that I can see anyway. I'm giving strong consideration to arranging an accident for Fath, the gemcutter. She may be a kind soul but those bulls would be better used feeding us and she won't let us near them. I'll have to think of something as we'll be out of food before long.

11th Timber, 1052

Aseaheru has been bothering me about making crossbows and showed me several schematics and such. I dismissed him and just said "Build the shop yourself if you want to make them so badly." I've also arranged for a mill to be built so we can make use of some longland grass we have (we've plentiful silk for bags so it may help us survive a little longer.)

13th Timber, 1052

We've a single sweetpod and small amount of longland grass. I've ordered bags to be made so we can process this windfall of millables to get us through the winter. Asea went ahead and built himself a workshop as well. I've also ordered several puppies and kittens slaughtered to get at least something useful out of them, though it pains me to do so with the dogs. The kittens I have no love for as we've been tripping over the damned pets of our gearcleaner for months now.

20th Timber, 1052

I've had to task dwarves with multiple roles now due to my shortage of dwarfpower. Damnable architectural oversight months ago is now beginning to slow work to a crawl. I've tasked Kol with at least trying to make some crude bags for us to use.

10th Moonstone, 1052

We're well into winter now and our sobriety is also problems. Work is slowing further as we amble about with a bit too much clarity. And to add insult to injury it's snowing.

I fucking hate snow.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2012, 08:20:27 pm »

yay! a new thingie!

Highly Opinionated Fool

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2012, 09:04:24 pm »

Dear Valan,

The time draws near for my Overseer to meet a unfortunate accident. Without leadership this hole will burn and the righteous will be able to sweep in. I intend to take me and my cats long before, but not before arming the fortress with crossbows that will be ineffective and malfunction at critical times. That will hopefully aid your men in the siege. Remember, I want my catnip for this. A lot of catnip.

Thank you for the knife. Splint will not live to see the glow of a lantern by the twentieth of Moonstone.

-Aseaheru

"Now, just to plant this note..."
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:45 pm »

11th Sandstone-
I was assigned some assistant today.  I doubt the dorf knows where a pick ends and his face begins.  At the least I might be able to bring him into the fold.   
12 Sandstone-
It's done.  I've switched the maps that the caravan was using.  Let's see how those liberal spies do against traveling through elephant territory.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42