Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47161 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2012, 04:00:49 pm »

I listed all the dead. And I was thinking of a dwarf who just drowned, sorry. I wasn't aware that the river flooded seasonally.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2012, 04:01:48 pm »

mk.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2012, 04:07:09 pm »

11th Hematite, 1052

Dodok Vabokabod was swept into the river with a barrel of our provisions when the river overflowed. I wasn't even away of this so Dadok paid for it. I've ordered an additonal bridge to be built so we may hopefully avoid this again. Some unfinished apartments were also flooded and Sodel narowly avoided being sucked out and into the waterfall.

13th Hematite, 1052

The humans were spotted- DAMN THAT INCOMPETANT TRAP SETTER! The damned dead falls we have in our entry meant the damned wagons couldn't enter. I take back what I said, I'm glad Dodok is dead, and I may have some of Aseaheru's cats tossed into the river as punishment for costing us food, since that damned fool LEFT FOOD TO ROT in the hall! I should have him shot for that and now it's sticking up the place!

15th Hematite, 1052

A human guard was killed when he fell into our front river, and the other is busily slaughtering a storm of rehsus maqacues that stomed accross the bridge like a bunch of entitled children to steal from us. I've ordered processing shops to be put up as quickly as possible to alleviate out food issue. Also, one of the soldiers carelessly left his sword outside on the bridge for some deranged reason and it was stolen by one of the damned chimps.

17th Hematite, 1052

Well it wasn't much, but it may stave off starvation for a few weeks. A few wheels of cheese, some fischer berries, muckroots, and rat weed were all the humans could trade to use. I gave them Cerol's cave crocidile gloves, a few bags of mugs and a pair of iron bolts for it all and promptly asked them to fuck off on home. Aseaheru has also been officially classified as a mechanic by our population, though he insists on being called a Gearcleaner still. if he had anything to do with those deadfalls I WILL have his cats thrown in the cave river.

18th Hematite, 1052

Had a small jail added to the maps. I figured since I was having a nobel's accomodations dug ahead of time, I may as well do the same for law enforcement.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:20 pm »

Can you post a picture of the fort? Sounds like mess and it's been just year and half :D
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2012, 04:11:28 pm »

It's just been cave ins that have been quickly cleared away or slated to be folowing suport construction. Right now our problem is food and booze. Food and Booze, and Asea's dwarf wasted some food that didn't get destroyed by the cave in.

EDIT: You know what, sign me up for another turn.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2012, 04:48:54 pm »

hey, its not my fault! cat#5 was about to be trapped in a trap!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:39 pm »

The damned dead falls we have in our entry meant the damned wagons couldn't enter.

Traps don't block wagons in 23a, but rough floors do - as you were told when the first Dwarven caravan departed, "Be sure that the road leads right to your depot.  These humans aren't very hardy; rough terrain taxes them.  Even raw stone floors!  Bah!".

You should be able to smooth the floors beneath those traps without rebuilding them, but be careful that you only smooth them - in 23a, the "smooth" and "engrave" designations are exactly the same, so while designating a rough floor/wall for detailing will smooth it, designating a smooth floor/wall for detailing will engrave it, and you don't want to end up with masterwork-engraved tiles in your road when you're ready to flood the world with magma (that's actually one of the major things that destroyed Boatmurdered).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:36:40 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2012, 06:45:17 pm »

There didn't appear to be any rough stones or boulders along the roadway so I blamed the traps since it looked like everything was nice and smooth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2012, 06:53:29 pm »

floor?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2012, 06:57:34 pm »

There didn't appear to be any rough stones or boulders along the roadway so I blamed the traps since it looked like everything was nice and smooth.

The roadway includes anything going to the depot. At present the road to be extends to the bridge.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2012, 06:58:56 pm »

ah.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

Did you remember to rebuild all of the dirt roads all the way to the map edge? In 23a, dirt roads (namely, "Trampled dirt" tiles) disappear at the beginning of every year, while paved ones last forever (more or less).

Also, I've just taken a look at this fortress's creature populations. You might want to consider building an unlinked lever near the chasm - if you don't understand why, you'll find out soon enough... :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:26:30 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2012, 07:44:01 pm »

Well at least now I know that for the autumn caravan.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2012, 05:08:03 am »

Also, I've just taken a look at this fortress's creature populations. You might want to consider building an unlinked lever near the chasm - if you don't understand why, you'll find out soon enough... :)
Please, not those guys...
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2012, 10:29:37 am »

Ok, the main page has been updated again.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42