Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47148 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:24 pm »

how many cats do i have? also, did you fix my jobs? i.e.:
well, lets give him the job of GearCleaner, a mechanic and cleaner.
You have every cat in the fortress, which is 4, two adults, two kittens.
And, yes, I fixed your jobs, you are also the siege operator for the catapult I managed to sneak in before my turn was up  :D

All those cats must really like your dedication to cleaning.
and grease. thats probably it. all that grease from maintaining gears...
I figured you used oil as a lubricant, which you probably made from some dead animal, and that's why the cats follow you.

1st Granite year..... Whatever the hell it is.

I have been entrusted to lead this community to at least survival, if not greatness. My first order of business? Dig away our ramshackle dweling sand make some nice, symmetric, and economical abodes, as well as a proper dining hall with natural stone supports and expanding the tomb; I plan to send our smal militia out to eradicate the local wolf population for food.

[And so Begins the regin of the Mysterious Jester of Armok. My updates will have few if any screens just as a heads up.]
Hey, Splint, for any migrants that come in, can you post their information like the way I have it on the main page, so I can keep the Main page updated?
Also, animal info, too, would be nice.

Which Reminds me...
Can you take this guy
Rigoth Tourkeys, a male metalsmith, likes moonstone, blue diamond, mangrove, horn, squares, bracelets, mules, and tentacle demons.
And make him SanDiego II, proffesion 'heretic'?
I'll go ahead and fix that on the main page, since I doubt Splint would object.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »

like cats? use pig/horse/fish/anyotheranimalexceptingcat fat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2012, 08:20:37 am »

Everyone's selected dwarves are updated.

11th Granite, 1052.

One of the metalsmiths suffered a small tragedy, thier pet mule was washed into the river and drowned. Work progresses slowly but surely, and I'll be having a pair of very small fields sown since the miners failed to carve out a bigger space for the flood. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get those slackjawed fools in this militia to go and get some active training, but I may just start finding things to throw into the chasm to force them into action.

I've had easier times leading the likes of humans and kobolds for goodness' sake!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2012, 09:00:15 am »

I'm currently trying to figure out how to get those slackjawed fools in this militia to go and get some active training, but I may just start finding things to throw into the chasm to force them into action.
If you're trying to get them to spar, you just need to define a barracks (create a bedroom and flag it as "Barracks", or create a room from a weapon rack or armor stand), (a)ctivate your soldiers from the (m)ilitary screen (civilians will never spar), then set their squad to "standing down" using (v)-(t) from the (m)ilitary screen. If you want to give them live practice, you can always just send them out "hunting" (set the squad to "harass dangerous wild animals" and then station them near some wildlife); marking specific items for Chasming (to anger its residents) can only be done from the Stocks screen, and you cannot access the Stocks screen until you have a Bookkeeper.

It's exactly the same as how the military worked in 40d. Also, be warned: unlike in 0.31 and later, once a military dwarf becomes a Hero (elite/lord/master), they will be a soldier forever, so don't put any of your important workers in the military.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2012, 09:49:03 am »

Yeah I never played 40d. I'm a comparitivly new player. I can see why the military screen and how to issue orders was reworked because this is anightmare for me personally, though overall assinging weaponry to a squad is far easier. I was going to send the dwarf guard the bridge to chop up the wolves, but I can't even figure out the damned "GO HERE YOU UNDRUNK FOOL" order.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2012, 09:54:57 am »

I was going to send the dwarf guard the bridge to chop up the wolves, but I can't even figure out the damned "GO HERE YOU UNDRUNK FOOL" order.
Press (x), select the squad using (+)/(-), move the cursor to where you want the squad to go, then press (s) to station it there. The squad leader will move to that exact tile, and other squad members will stand within a 2 tile radius. You can also use (p) to set up a patrol route, though you should be careful when doing that because it'll only set the route for the commander; if any other soldiers in the squad have their own patrol route, they'll follow it instead (until you promote them to their own squad, clear the route, then put them back into their old squad).

Really, just read the (23a) wiki pages - if they exist, they'll tell you what you need to know, and if they don't exist, let me know and I'll see if I can create them.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:51 am »

I must've missed the part about station orders or something; The rest of what you said was there as far as I know.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »

im going to look at cats now. just thought ill tell you as im not working on anything...
(sorta ingame)
Highly Opinionated Fool

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2012, 08:15:54 pm »

Fixed the main page for the loss of the mule
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2012, 09:48:25 am »

I learned a lot of good fishing tips from the lizardmen in my early years, I sure hope there are no tribes down river that get angry about me pulling all these record trout out of the water.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2012, 05:33:30 pm »

Bumpity bump! You still there, Splint? It's been some time.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2012, 06:04:33 pm »

Halo 4 and Limulid. I do intend to finish my turn, and a minor thing is that the damned river screwed up my layout.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2012, 06:30:27 pm »

I would like to be dwarfed as Corai, using this dwarf.

Quote from: Opening post
Bomrek Cloisterdrums, a male mason, like jet, coral, mountains, picks, windows, and spirits of fire.

If that is quite alright with you.

-Edit-

And apparently we are making a magma cannon to secede from the dwarf union? I want in on signing the papers that declare our independence.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2012, 08:33:09 pm »

YAYS! there is no crazyness without coari running in at some point!
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2012, 07:31:45 am »

And apparently we are making a magma cannon to secede from the dwarf union? I want in on signing the papers that declare our independence.
It won't be a magma cannon per se. It's just a complicated and dangerous device used to flood large areas with magma. Also used to fry goblins, elves, humans, dwarves wandering outside, elephants, other assorted wildlife, megabeasts, more goblins and generally anything unlucky enough to be outside when the lever is pulled.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 42