Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 46008 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #600 on: March 09, 2013, 10:47:47 pm »

Ooh. ok. thanks.
now to find out if I am still alive.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:29 pm »

Here's an update guys. Sorry it's short, I've been swamped with other shit (drawing projects mostly) and procrastinating. Asea, your second dwarf is alive now if you ask em again I'll make sure he gets locked in a small room and forgotten like I did to the mayor.... I didn't say that, you can  prove nothing.

3rd Granite, 1058

It seems my double violated a production order somwhere. Well then, I guess I'lkl have to arrange a little disappearance before we install a fortress guard then. It was probably something stupid and the only reason I'm not doing the same to others is simply because I don't know what the dwarves' nobility in this deranged part of Everoc do.

Maybe when this is over I'll move south to Limulid, become a metalworker... That seems like a less stressful job.

6th Granite, 1058

I ordered an exploration shaft dug deeper into the mountain. I plan on finding that accursed metal not to exploit it, but to make sure no others happlessly blunder into it when I leave.

Oh, and some sponge is now considered old enough to work and fight. Good for them, I'm sure thier death will be as unpleasant as the rest of us.

8th Granite, 1058

I dislike this place's calendar more when I think about it. Just how old is this miserable rock?

12th Granite, 1058

I just noticed my statue garden didn't get to be a statue garden and got turned into a furniture storage. Well fuck that, I will make it as it was meant to be!

Man, I must really be bored if I'm taking offense to that.

I heard a rumbling in the fortress, but couldn't Identify where... Something isn't right; don't tell me those blithering idiots knocked out something important.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2013, 10:29:03 am »

Exploration shaft further into the mountain? Don't dig any further to the right beyond the magma river, since there's a source of demons right there. They wiped the fort once.

If you want you can create an array of spikes and connect them all to a lever. Set the lever to repeat after you've unleashed the hoards. Make sure you pull everyone back from the area though.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36:41 am »

My goal is to find that crap so we know where it is to be honest.

But now I think I may need to seal the miners in until they find the blue shit inside; if they find a chamber instead, then the seal will make sure they're stuck there. The miners will die, yes, but we can forge more picks and train new miners.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:57 am »

My goal is to find that crap so we know where it is to be honest.

But now I think I may need to seal the miners in until they find the blue shit inside; if they find a chamber instead, then the seal will make sure they're stuck there. The miners will die, yes, but we can forge more picks and train new miners.

If we find the blue shit, are we actually going to risk setting of the "too deeped" counter? Do we need to have DFHack open and running to stop the counter, or is the thing patched to fix it?

Be aware that finding the adamantine will cause the king to come in this version.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:21 am »

Only if we actually mine it. And if that happens, so what? Dig out a couple nicer rooms and stuff the jerk in them and he/she'll be perfectly happy.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2013, 11:49:57 am »

Maybe add me to the turn list?

I'm gonna download the save this week for fun and learn more about Ruhn II and his squad the Manager.
This Loyalist Splint II will NOT stand in the way of our goals!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:00:53 pm by Ruhn »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:06 am »

Only if we actually mine it. And if that happens, so what? Dig out a couple nicer rooms and stuff the jerk in them and he/she'll be perfectly happy.

@Quietust, is it possible to get DFhack to replace civilisation nobles if we accidentally kill them? That is, say, to "hack to replace the king" or "hack to replace the outpost liason" or "hack to force goblins to pick a new general". I think we're going in the direction where we'll need that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 12, 2013, 12:07:29 pm »

I made sure to use quietust's fix to remove the "too-deep" ending, so unless that was messed up through the save transfers somehow, we wont have to worry about it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »

I'm pretty confident, that just discovering adamantine makes king arrive ("dressed like a peasant" still makes demands, though, asshole). Plus king makes adamantine mining demands and failing those results in substracting valuable dwarves from the fortress total.

On the other hand, let's do this shit.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:46 pm »

If he makes an admantine mining demand I'll lock him in said nice rooms.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #611 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »

@Quietust, is it possible to get DFhack to replace civilisation nobles if we accidentally kill them? That is, say, to "hack to replace the king" or "hack to replace the outpost liason" or "hack to force goblins to pick a new general". I think we're going in the direction where we'll need that.
1. Goblins don't have generals, and even if they did, nothing would happen if you killed them.
2. Remember, once you have the King, the outpost liaison becomes the Advisor and you don't get trade agreements from it anymore. Replacing the King would probably be as simple as modifying one of your own dwarves. If you don't summon the King, then it would certainly be possible to assign a new Outpost Liaison if yours dies, but there isn't much of a point because all the liaison does is let you request picks, anvils, and individual plump helmet spawn. It would be far more useful to get a replacement Guild Representative/Merchant Baron/Merchant Prince or Diplomat, but I'd have to look over the code a bit to make sure it won't get confused by there being 2 of them in the civilization (and try to pick the one that's dead, resulting in nothing showing up).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 13, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »

10th Granite, 1058
As manager, I feel it is time to start putting my position to better use.  I wrote up some job orders today for some replacement parts for The Lance of Armok.  Once completed I'll have them hauled to a little-used store room until needed.  It would be terrible to wait until something breaks and the Loyalists decide to go on strike or whatnot.  Terribly inconvenient, to be sure.  Enough work for today- time for a quart or two.

11th Granite
I found it quite difficult to find a good drink yesterday.  A mug or 6 of sewer brew is all I wanted, but had to settle for a few sips of an inferior ale.  By my beard!  I had to find a well to cool my thirst.  I would order the stills to brew more, under normal circumstances.  However this could work in our favor as it causes more citizens to grow unhappy with this king-ring-kissing Splint II.  Ha!  I can drink well water for a season to see the Loyalists cast out of here.

12th Granite
What was I thinking!!  I can wait no longer, and will surely die without a proper DRINK.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 17, 2013, 05:38:17 pm »

Hey guys, sorry I'm dragging my heels. I've been working on other projects and Spearbreakers took a priority. I do fully intend to finish my turn however.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 09, 2013, 02:16:14 am »

Necrobumping, because I don't want this thing to die.

Seeing as how the OP's apparently lost interest, I think someone with good administrative skills should start a new thread with tighter management (read: will kick people who take too long). I'd do it myself, but I'm a bit too flaky and procrastinate-y to be trusted.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42