Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47206 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2012, 02:09:51 am »

Now he wants a rough gem, but those that are lying everywhere don't suffice. Green glass doesn't also. Maybe crystal? or clear glass?
Certainly possible - dwarves didn't start asking for glass by name until after this version. If you're uncertain, you could try using the DFHack "showmood" command (if you're not willing to use DFHack-23a, I can upload my "showmood" tool, upon which the DFHack plugin was based) to figure out exactly what he wants.

During my time playing 23a, I ran into several dwarves who demanded rough gems but wouldn't take anything, and "showmood" said they wanted rough gems of any material. I haven't had the opportunity to examine a mood that successfully gathered gems, though...
Green glass counted for previos mood - the jet coffer, but not this time. Building a klin and ashery to make pearlash for clear and crystal glass.
Having DFhack for 23 would be great. Where can I find one?

It's winter now, river froze, and our farms deconstructed. I think we have enough supplies to survive winter. But I ordered farmers to gather some outside fruits - just for variety reasons. Plump helmets are traditional and all, but eating them for months drives you mad.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2012, 09:04:37 am »

Having DFhack for 23 would be great. Where can I find one?
As I mentioned earlier, you can get it here in the DFHack thread. Just extract it into the DF folder and then run DFHack.exe once DF is running, preferably when you're still at the titlescreen (in case it causes DF to crash). Note that you'll have to apply an additional binary patch (0x3A3B04 : F8 03 -> 00 00) before it'll work - the patch disables usage of MSVCRT6's small block heap (which newer versions of the C runtime don't use anymore) to allow DFHack to properly allocate and free DF's memory (as well as possibly improving performance and/or stability).

If a caravan or diplomat has arrived or departed since you last saved, you should probably avoid using any advanced commands (including the "die" command), since crashing/killing DF at such a point could result in save corruption (the "save/current" folder didn't get introduced until later, and that's what protects you from those sorts of problems).

Plump helmets are traditional and all, but eating them for months drives you mad.
As far as I can tell, dwarves don't get tired of eating/drinking the same food/booze in 23a - that logic seemingly wasn't added until a later version.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

Thanks, dfhack works and shows he wants crystal glass.

We have just finished ashery when Kulet went insane - the melancholy way. Oh well.

Suddenly the Obsidian comes to end. I'm passing the rulership to first unlucky dwarf I'll meet at the hall and getting back to masonry work and mindless booze parties!

save is here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7193
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2012, 04:11:07 pm »

who showed up in winter? i need a new dwarf.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »

Nobody. Migrants never come in winter. Period.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2012, 04:54:30 pm »

fine. next spring?
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2012, 05:09:59 pm »

I have it, will begin as soon as I have some sleep and come back from my classes.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2012, 05:11:30 pm »

in other words 16 hours?
Highly Opinionated Fool

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2012, 10:03:35 am »

So, first impressions: I have no idea where stuff is or where it belongs. I have even less idea about what all those levers do. This will be fun.

EDIT: I'm pulling the one I think belongs to farm. Wish me luck.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:09:14 am by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:48 am »

Should I kindly post the desription of levers or let it go the fun way? I'm in doubt...  :D :D :D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2012, 10:36:26 am »

the two at the ends of the small residential hallways are just to keep water out. lever tot he souh controls a bridge cross the chasm. Any others i have no idea.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2012, 10:57:17 am »

Journal of SanDiego III, student and succesor of guru SanDiego II
My mentor has perished. Before he died, alone and hungry in his maddnes, he managed to tell me of the Deep Ones and the grand plan he must help Them to accomplish. I will continue in his work. The Plan will not go unfulfilled. All the better now that peregarret has made me the overseer.

3rd Granite, 1054
Damnations! I wonder how this fort could even survive in this chaotical state. Unfortunately, works on The Plan are put on hold while I try to cope with the chaos within our ranks. Some notes:
* Multiple unmarked levers are set up here, seemingly at random. After consulting the fortress plan for a while I managed to flood the farms without flooding anything else.
* Our military is pitifully weak and lacking proper training facilities. Orders to dig out area for archery range and barracks near the chasm were issued. Later, all useless waste will be dumped there to provide more training for our soldiers. Also, marked one of the more useless peasants for military. He shall wear this sign until he is recruited.
* Broker has banned export of flint items. What the hell is flint anyway?

8th Granite, 1054
Atír Nilenkos, one of the masons, suddenly stopped talking and shut himself in the craftdwarves workshop. He now communicates using only small notes, like my former mentor.

Unlike my mentor, he succeeded in his work. It will provide for a good export, that is if we can make him drop it.

EDIT: crap, wrong image

27th Granite, 1054
Kulet Lolorurmim has finally succumbed to his deppresions and died of thirst this morning. Also, two fresh recruits join our militia.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:32:43 am by SanDiego »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2012, 12:27:27 pm »

Lever at the entrance hall is for the gate.

Lever next to room with two floodgates - floods that room from cave river.

Two levers - left from river, down from jeweller shop and next to food storage are for cave river bridge. You can operate it from both sides.

Be careful with lever close to magma river. I think I messed it up.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2012, 12:47:12 pm »

(( These are the final entries in the journal of Ruhn ))

11th Moonstone
I've been speaking to others about the new confederacy, and have had mixed results.  While I worked on a new stone table today I mentioned it to a few passers-by.

7th Obsidian, 1052
Nothing is left in this river.  I'm so hungry.  The king does NOT care for us, for if he did there would have been more food on that last caravan!

12 Obsidian
Nothing against Aseaheru, but his cats are greedy!  My fine sword was just about to get me some yummy rat supper when one jumpted in and snatched it.  I got a couple hits in, but the cat-deamon got away with my food.  If I had a decent drink lately, victory would have been mine....

(( A careful eye can just make out words etched into the stones where Ruhn was found dead ))
I was poisoned!! After a bite of fish, everything grows.. dark..  Long live ... the new Confed..eracy!!

--
OOC: Sorry for the late post.
Is fish-cleaning a separate job?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2012, 12:49:45 pm »

Whatever was to be had during my reign was processed and gobbled up. Caravans also never bring much from what I can tell, instead opting to bring more wagons and pack critters instead, but at least all they had was food.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42