Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47165 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:24 pm »

21 Felsite
Hmmm... seems like it is possible to be too good at fishing.  Maybe I should talk to the next few groups of traders to see where my fishy friends are biting this year, and move on.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2012, 08:01:05 pm »

If you want fish, you have 3 options:
1. Turtles from the ponds, available Spring, Summer, and Autumn. You'll probably fish them out each Spring, though.
2. Moghoppers from the ponds, available Summer only.
3. Salmon from the outdoor river, available Autumn only.

There don't appear to be any cave fish in your cave river (the "Increase subterranean animal diversity during embark" patch might've given you better luck, but it's too late for that now); you might be able to catch some cave lobsters from the cave river as well, though you'll need to set baited animal traps to do that (directly over the River tiles).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:07:30 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2012, 04:01:53 am »

A very short update. Pardon my long ass turn. I just slack off when I do other things (random pony fort, building a hell palace in a spearbreakers copy and schoolwork)

22nd Hematite, 1052

I've ordered a dirt roap to be set up as a stopgap until we can get the rest of the road constructed. And evidently the humans arrived at a wonderful time as several of our number looked to be on the verge of death by starvation. I've also decided to try and improvise some walls along the cave river bridges to see if that will mitigate deaths.

7th Malachite, 1052

The first wall-bridge is done and being rigged up, with the lever to it being next to the relavant bridges. The humans also informed me that they will be departing soon.

11th Malachite, 1052

The humans have departed and the first bridge has been rigged. once the scond is rigged, I'll see if it will work when the next flood comes. Corai's been looking at me funny too. I suspect he;s rifling around in my shit when I'm not around, so I have a bucket trap rigged to my door. If he tries to get in, a bunch of rocks and metal shaving sn a d such rattling around will alert me to his spying.

15th Malachite, 1052

Our first homegrown plant came in. A small cluster of three plump helmets. I am usually pessemistic but even I think we're really getting screwed more than we should here. The roadwork is proceeding well, with the stopgap road having been finished and the roadstones being lain out on our side of the river. No banging and clattering from my room so Corai either knows the trap is set, or simply hasn't tried to get into my room.

18th Malachite, 1052

Someone tried to force thier way into my room. I failed to find out who, but I know they're there! And if you read this you wretch when I find out who you are, I'll gut you like a cave fish! Also we have absolutly no fish in the area at present. A little sad. But we now have plenty of silk! Sadly we can't eat silk unless we buy food with it.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2012, 05:40:54 pm »

19th Malachite 1052

Splint is craftier than I expected. Bastard set a trap for me when I tried to get into his room. I managed to avoid getting any of the stuff on me but I failed to get in. I doubt Splint saw me either, so he has no evidence on me. Perhaps I can put the blame on Aseaheru and his cats. He's always causing trouble to get stuff for his cats so it wouldn't be far fetched to have him try and break into a room to get toys for them.

-Corai
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2012, 09:56:43 am »

HEY!

THINGIE ENTERY TIME!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2012, 03:36:26 pm »

Lots and lots of cats.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2012, 04:10:03 pm »

no, just 50 or so.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2012, 02:16:06 am »

24th Malachite, 1052

I caught one of Asea's damnable cats in my room scratching up my bed. Stupid cat.

25th Malachite, 1052

First portion of the paved road is done, work begins on the next.With any luck, by the time my reign ends, roadwork will not be a concern. Provisions however, are still a concern. Somone also tried to force thier way into my room, as I found a crappy imitation of kobold lockpicks in my door.

27th malachite, 1052

Had a bunch of monkey bones and skulls laying about, so I decided to have a metalsmith who wasn't doing anything have a crack at them.I'd also apreciate it if mother nature would stop shitting on my head with constant rainfall.

8th Galena, 1052

Where the fuck did that gremlin come from!? GAH! The chasm of course! No matter. It didn't escape rightous dwarven retribution. Pitchblende picked the little cretin to death. Serves it right for thinking our fortress would be a happy little lever pully paradise. Unfortunatly it bit him and messed him up pretty good. I'm sure he'll be fine though. Ruhn was kind enouh to help him to the nearest bed. Had the fellow who made the fancy chair have a look at him. We have some silk thread and cloth, so again, he should be fine.

12th Galena, 1052

I'm going to murder that fucking cat. I know it's the same one too because it scratched up two bedposts now! There's also a massive herd of groundhogs roaming the area for some reason. And someone evidently found some pond turtles. Good show.

18th Galena, 1052

Well, the dining hall is halfway towards fully dug out. That's something good at least. I really hope Pitchblende will be ok. He's been laid up for a couple days now for what should have been a quick fix.

19th Galena, 1052

I'm going to try and arrange an expedition across the chasm as soon as the dining hall is dug out. I want to find the Adamantine that is sure to be back in the mountain so I can have it corrdoned off. I'll hide the lever to the gate somewhere the spy can't get at it.

[Ok, so there's an update! And seriously. Don't mine any adamantine when I find it if you don't want to risk what I consider a nonstandard game-over.]

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:34 pm »

THINGIE #2!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2012, 11:15:11 am »

8th Galena, year 1052 of the old calendar
Once again I am soaked with the blood of a comrade.  I heard someone raise the alarm and got there as fast as I could, but it was too late.  Pitchblende survived a monster attack but got pretty torn up.  He lost a lot of blood by the time I got him to a bed.

If these random creatures give us such trouble, I worry if our new Confederacy can face the full might of the United Mountainhomes.  Time to take a break from fishing and discuss this with others in the meeting area.

--
TY for the fishing info, Quietust.  I guess my dwarf needs to wander around outside to fish better.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2012, 05:23:42 pm »

Were there loyalty cascades back in this version?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2012, 05:24:41 pm »

hope not.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »

Were there loyalty cascades back in this version?
Back in those days, it was called the "civil war bug" and it sometimes happened during fist fights and/or beatings. I think it was supposed to have been fixed by this version, though.

If it does show up in this fortress, I'll see if I can write a Lua script for DFHack-23a (yes, really) to fix it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2012, 09:33:11 pm »

Well we still have it happening in this version so I don't believe that it is fixed.

The following has been written upon a stone tablet, hidden in a forgotten mineshaft
19 Galena-
I think this fort may be the perfect place to begin.  My fellow dwarves are tired of the imperialistic ways of the Mountain-homes.  Those lapdogs that came here to spy on us, under the pretense of trade, were unable to detect it, but I can.  It is here that we will strike out a new future for dwarven kind, and free ourselves from the shackles of the dwarven king.  We may not be able to take on an entire army, and match the Mountain-home axe for axe, but we won't need to.  I have started plans on a weapon that will hold the world hostage in fear.  But until I can get the plans into the hands of a dwarf with the beard the build it, or until I am able to complete my power play, then we are at the whim of the armies of this land. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2012, 09:51:57 pm »

20th Galena 1052

I've heard rumors of breaking off from the mountainhomes recently. Words such as this are as toxic as gnomeblight. Break off from the mountainhomes, a idiotic and foolish idea. The last fortress who attempted this was crushed at the battle of Torchlight and proceeded to be caved in. With the inhabitants inside. The next time merchants are here I must let them know of this so they can bring in the military to quell this thinking before it can catch fire.

Aseaheru is such a tool. He does not even notice and or does not care that I break into his apartment with such ease. If I can plant weapons in there and fabricate a note to the elves offering the fortress for catnip, then perhaps I can indeed frame him! I need a quill.

-Corai
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42