Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Necrowerepire  (Read 1882 times)

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Necrowerepire
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 08:40:06 pm »

Well, I can't fly, and I'm not adamantine, but I can breath dragon fire, I am made of slade, and I am using a mastercrafted slade warhammer as a weapon.

I've found the only thing capable of killing a slade creature is a sea lamprey, because their push attacks can rip anything in half.

So, how would I go about making sure this were-creature spawned somewhere I could easily access it? Currently, unless I throw civilizations of them in, my slade dorfs have to start out as outsiders, and that makes it VERY hard to navigate.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:05 pm »

EDIT: raw changed again, see previous post for update.

They should spawn as normal vampires/werewolfs/etc do, just ask for quests, and see if you get one, it should be refered to as a Necrowerepire when fighting it. Not sure if they will wind up in caves or civs, depends on if they were caught i guess. either way.

alternatively, just give your dwarves the [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:NECROWEREPIRE_BITE] as a tag for their bite attack, and they will be able to contract it to each other by biting (and to anything else they bite) though they themselves won't have it till they are bitten by something that does (incidentally, anything that can speak and learn being bitten by ANYTHING with that tag on its bite attack will result in the bitten party gaining necrowerepirism)

For best results: put [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:NECROWEREPIRE_BITE] as a tag for your slade dwarves' bite attack, go bite a random sentient being (warning, they will then turn into a necrowerepire, so be careful) and get them to bite you back to gain it, or kill it and drink its blood (to infect a town, drag the corpse back, and pour the blood into the well (hurry though, it DOES have to be fresh, or so i've heard)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:54:01 pm by random_odd_guy »

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 09:02:31 pm »

Bite attacks don't affect slade, so I'll probably have to use the blood drinking.

Will adding the [bloodsucker] tag to my slade dorf and using that to feed off blood from an unconscious creature right after biting it work?

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

Using bloodsucking doesn't work, it seems, so I'ma try licking up this bloodspatter and hoping it works, though I never was able to get vampirism by licking up blood spatters, and when I played a bronze colossus with [can_speak][can_learn] and [can_read] added and read the slab with life and death I never got the power, so I'm hoping this works.

For the record, I replaced WEREBEAST with BAT_MAN so I can become Batman once a month.

And that'll be my WEAK time. :P

EDIT: How long should I expect to have to wait for the powers to come into play after biting someone and then drinking their blood?

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

I read the title and thought it read "The Necroempire." We must make this.
I assume it would just be lots and lots of volcanoes.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 10:46:33 pm »

Okay see, the necromancer thing has a tag CANNOT HAVE: NON_LIVING
MUST HAVE: MORTAL
since the bronze colossus is non-living, and does not age, it can't be a necromancer normally

heres what the wiki says:
"By drinking the blood of a vampire in adventure mode, you immediately become a vampire. You will be able to feed on other creatures by using e and choosing the "Feed" option on an unconscious target. On becoming a vampire, Strength, Agility and Toughness receive a 200 point bonus, then physical attributes will no longer gain or rust.
 Note: The game does not give you any confirmation that you have become a vampire.v0.34.11 The only way to make sure that you have transformed is to wait for twenty-four hours (enough time for any regular mortal to hunger for food.) until you get thirsty, which should show up eventually. To get rid of the thirsty tag, you MUST drink directly from another living knocked out, unconscious or sleeping creature. This could lead to hazardous mishaps if you're discovered/if the victim awakes, unless you beat your victim senseless first. Once you have fed on an unsuspecting victim, you will have a red icon denoting you are a vampire next to your name."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 10:46:54 pm »

I was thinking of an entity of necromancers...but an entity that solves everything with magma could be awesome, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 10:53:30 pm »

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:spit magma]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:FLOW:LAVA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
thar you go. hm...anyone know the effect codes for skin, fat, eye, and hair disintegration?
more specifically, the attack hidden effect raw codes for, this:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90937.0
?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:29:31 pm by random_odd_guy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 11:11:22 pm »

I was thinking of an entity of necromancers...but an entity that solves everything with magma could be awesome, too.
Those are my Fallen from Genesis :P. They are definitely a necroempire.

To the author: world.dat is usually compressed into gibberish, but if you turn the save compression off (in the init.txt), it becomes a really huge RAW file. You can open it with a notepad (better use Notepad++ or similar advanced text editor) and you will see all the normal raws, mixed with random symbols.

Those random symbols are special data you cannot edit, so you can't just edit your world.dat and save it in text editor to change your save easily, however you can take parts of it, add line breaks for readibility and find out what a generated thing looks like to learn how to do it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:18 pm »

It occurs to me, since we control it, we don't HAVE to make the wereform organic, hell, we could have dwarves that turn into bronze colossuses once a month...lol...they just...grow huge and turn metal...god help you if on of your dwarves goes insane during a full moon...

It also occurs to me, I combined all the night creatures just in time for Halloween. That could not have randomly worked out better.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:12:55 am by random_odd_guy »

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 03:30:24 pm »

Hmm...mine's still not working. I'm not transforming. Are there some requirement tags I'm missing or something? I can can_learn and can_speak...

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 07:27:03 pm »

Shouldn't be. You can get it any way you can get the above 3.

You DID make sure to drink NECROWERPIRE blood, right?
(regular vampire will still just be regular vampire, and have normal requirements, like having blood)

TechnoScrabble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »

I gave myself the bite that spreads the syndrome and bit a guy, but he apparently didn't get it because drinking his blood does nada.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 07:40:23 pm »

Okay wait, are you using version 2 or 3, because version 2 requires different things for the bite variation (which was fixed in version 3)

So anyway, Im not sure how that works exactly with the blood drinking thing, you may have to wait a day for it to set in on them when they were bitten.
Try testing it in arena mode, to see how it works. I might do some arena testing too.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 08:00:19 pm »

I will be testing it in arena, set werebeast as an elephant clone w/ bite attack

Test results: success, make sure your bite attack looks like this:
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:NECROWEREPIRE_BITE]

with that setup, the wereelephant biting a dwarf in the foot, it immediately gained necromancy powers. Testing on blood drinking not yet performed. Will attempt that next.

WARNING, current analysis indicates something...STRANGE...i bita  dwarf, in further arena testing, and they immediately turned into a toad...strange...this indicates that WEREBEAST is in fact, already used by the game, as the NORMAL thing for that whole category, and i have NO CLUE why they turned into a toad of all things, i suppose it chose a random WEREBEAST, since i hadnt specified, and it in fact, chose toad. make SURE you replace "werebeast" with something specific, unless you want...RANDOM results...
Alternatively, leave it as is, for maximum !!FUN!! especially after dumping the blood into the water supply, as all your dwarves suddenly turn into random animals (randomly SELECTED I should say, after they contract the curse, they shall consistantly turn into the same creature), especially considering werebeasts of different werespecies will attack one another, leading to maximum !!FUN!!, as all your superpowered dwarves tear each other apart on the full moon, and raise the severed limbs as zombies, which then also turn into more FULL BODIED werebeasts (this would make for an interesting 20+ way battle, containing armies on each side (especially since each zombie will also be a necromancer)

Meanwhile, I can never seem to get vampirism, and having a dwarf drink the blood of the dead toad didn't give them necromancy powers, so I'm assuming something is off here, either that, or killing a vampire and drinking the blood spatters is not sufficient...not really sure how that one works

Allegedly, disease resistance MIGHT cause it to be less likely to work
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:07:33 pm by random_odd_guy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3