Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The greatest artifact ever.  (Read 1176 times)

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
The greatest artifact ever.
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:02:23 pm »

Nulomuvar, "Blamelull", a microline scepter
This is a microline scepter All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality It is encircled with bands of rectangular microline cabochons and cushion cut clear zircons This object menaces with spikes of microline On the item is an image of Blamelull the microline scepter in microline
Scepterception.
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
Re: The greatest artifact ever.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:28:11 pm »

Good, yes.

Greatest? I'm guessing you've never heard of Planepacked.

The images on an artifact are only generated when you view its description, so this sort of thing happens fairly often. If you delay the viewing for a while, it's even possible to get images of artifacts created after the one being viewed.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:49:19 pm »

The images on an artifact are only generated when you view its description, so this sort of thing happens fairly often. If you delay the viewing for a while, it's even possible to get images of artifacts created after the one being viewed.

Wow, I did not know that. So has anyone ever gotten a pair of artifacts that each have an image of the other artifact on them?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 01:55:55 pm »

Of course.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »

Sure it's not vanilla, but I think this deserves the title :D...

It's worth more than the rest of the map put together, possibly a large portion of the world even. I only stopped there because I ran out of metal and wanted to work on other projects.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

That reminds of one of my dwarfs who making a artifact
I saw that he was making it out of adamantine and that he likes breastplates and floodgates.
He made a floodgate.
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 05:37:56 pm »

He would've anyway, that was a metalsmith mood. If he was an armorer, he couldn't have made a floodgate, and if he was a metalsmith, he couldn't have made a breastplate.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)