Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14468 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 8: Just kill it already
« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2012, 03:11:53 am »

((. . . 2 perpetual damage, -1 to spells, further -1 to willpowering a bucket of water because I'm technically in combat... yeah, I think I might just be dead already.))

Summon bucket of water, extinguish flames.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:02:06 pm by V-Norrec »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2012, 03:13:28 am »

((Twisting reality ain't no spell. :P))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2012, 04:08:50 am »

((Well technically it's -1 to all actions then -1 because I'm in combat, in short, I'm screwed.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2012, 07:39:34 am »

Thank him. Locate Captain Miracle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2012, 12:52:19 pm »

"Oh no, i'm not letting this bastard escape! Not after what i went trough to kill all his puppets..."

Shoot a focused Metareal arrow at the Anomaly using my Surefire bow.

((This should one-hit kill him.))
((Oh, and you're probably not very dead. Only the ice man is still alive, and the anomaly can't attack directly))
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:13:40 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »

((. . . 2 perpetual damage, -1 to spells, further -1 to willpowering a bucket of water because I'm technically in combat... yeah, I think I might just be dead already.))

Summon bucket of water, extinguish flames.
You appear to have misunderstood something. You aren't really on fire so much as you are in a fire, and assuming you just sit there till it runs out (and you receive no help) will end with you having -1 health. Putting it out early would be very hard (aka, a 5 would probably just keep you from burning next turn and remove the malus), but getting out wouldn't be quite as bad.
Remember, having 0 health won't kill you, it will just mean that you can't regen willpower (on your own), take a 10% willpower loss per turn, and you take two will damage per health damage taken.
Reasonable worst case scenario (this assumes that you don't get stabbed by one of your allies trying to help or something): The fire burns itself out leaving you at 0 health and 8 willpower. You get a temporary physical problem for super low health (eg. bad respiration till healed). You lose a extra willpower next turn, then either get healed by the starfish, get partially healed by the kitsune, or manage to fix yourself up a bit (by using willpower to fix your body).
The only way you could die out of this is if you/ally get a terrible roll and hurt you further, the Anomaly wastes you with a powerful mental attack, and the Ice Man thwacks you with a powerful icicle. The chance of all that happening is pretty low, since the Anomaly should die this turn as well as focusing Hikari if he doesn't die, and the Ice Man would get a malus to attacking you since you are in an inferno (and that requires the Anomaly not to die as well).

((Twisting reality ain't no spell. :P))
You get a -1 penalty to conjuring (permanent) items in the middle of battle. Mainly because I feel the idea of someone making a masterwork sword in a few seconds while being stabbed at with the same likelihood of someone spending twenty minutes focusing on creating one a bit silly.
Summoning water probably wouldn't get the penalty (something that I never really went over because I am terrible in my explanations), but again, it would be much easier to just run out of the fire.

He sends a powerful.
(NOOOO, NOT A POWERFUL! D:)
Yeah, I would be very scared of a powerful too.
You might be able to tell from reading my stuff that I don't really proofread it quite well enough.  :-\

focused action
For everyone: A focused action adds +1 to a combat action and -1d2 to all your dodges/defense/resists that round.
You can't stack this with empowered, but if you are in combat and you aren't scared of being attacked, you should probably use it.

EDIT: I didn't update your char fully Harry, his explode limb is off cooldown this turn (not that you can use it on that vase).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:32:22 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2012, 01:35:27 pm »

((Wait, I exploded the Stone Man's arm on turn 8. How is the remove limb thing off cooldown already?))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »

Ah, it isn't. :/ Sorry, I didn't screw up after all. I guess its still on cooldown.  :-[
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2012, 02:03:10 pm »

Move out of the fire and into the Drunken Lantern.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 8: Just kill it already 쮼
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

Turn 9
1 Down, ∞ to go

Non-Battle Actions
Thank him. Locate Captain Miracle.
[1] You leave the farm and head west to find him, figuring that you started your quest for some help by going west, and if you continue to go west you should be able to find him and end your quest. After about three hours you realize you are lost in the desert and have no clue how to get back to the city. Thinking a bit, you have no clue why you thought that you could find him by going west. What a stupid idea that was.
Looking forward you see a blue tower that appears to be made out of glass or crystal of some sort quite a distance away. You see what you think might be a doors, but they appear to be massive, far taller then you could possibly open. You aren't quite sure how tall it is, but it must be at least a few miles tall to be the size it is on the horizon.
You don't think Captain Miracle would be in there either.
Damn is it hot out here.
((You could probably convert some of your willpower into health if you choose to do so, you might want to heal with it before you get into danger and have to use the potion))

Combat round 3: Allies
Karn sighed once again and got back up, noticing the naga still had serious problems with fire. The anomaly could wait for now, he had teammates to help.
"I'm on my way."
Help Ssrah move to a safe place, then try rushing and attacking the anomaly if there is still enough time. If there is a need to set a priority due to troubles (penalties to actions, for example), helping her is preferable.
[1] You stand up, and rush to help her. Grabbing her, you try to take her out of the fire, but get disoriented and run straight into its center.
Both Karn and Ssrah are now In the Heart of the Blaze, Karn's armor will reduce his damage by 1.
"OH MY, A REPTILIAN DAMSEL IN DISTRESS! I SHOULD HELP HER!"

Quicken Ssrah's regeneration. Afterwards, focused action: PUNCH THE ANOMALY!
[6] You cast Quicken Regeneration on Ssrah, and potent mystical forces go into action, a bit more mystical forces then you planned on using to be honest (1 extra cooldown). Her skin begins to knit before your very eyes (well they would if you could see it through all the flames). Ssrah is healed 7 HP now, and will be healed 7 HP at the start of next turn and the turn after.
[1-1+1]You run up to the Anomaly, and prepare to deliver your deadly 11 fist combo, but you are so focused on the Anomaly, you don't even see the Ice Man running to intercept you. [3v1-1] He shapes his hand into the shape of a blade, and cuts off 5 of your arms (-3 health, you are now Disarmed).
As the Kitsune glanced back, she saw her allies heading to aid the wounded leaving only fewer to hit the anomaly. In the sleight of the moment, she was annoyed at their choice for not targeting the real foe, forgetting that the survival of her allies was more important than to lose one in the probability of defeating another anomaly.

"Coward!"

Empower Vindication. Cast Vindication on the Anomaly.

Try to escape collateral damage while pulling anyone with me away from it.

[5+1v2+1] You jump away, then you cast Vindication and a solid pillar of fire descends down on the Anomaly destroying it instantly, leaving only its raw essence behind.
"Oh no, i'm not letting this bastard escape! Not after what i went trough to kill all his puppets..."

Shoot a focused Metareal arrow at the Anomaly using my Surefire bow.
((I assume that whenever you say using my surefire bow, you are using the activated +1 ability it has))
You aim at him, but before you can fire Hikari burninates him to death. You decide that you might as well kill the Ice Man just in case it doesn't die with the death of the Anomaly, but don't want to waste a Metareal arrow on it. As you fire [3+1+1v6-2] it looks up, and manages to block the arrow with its arm, which it then goes straight through.
It's right arm is now impaled.

Move out of the fire and into the Drunken Lantern.
[2-1] You try to run out of the flames, but that stupid knight won't let go of your arm. And your headdress is now on fire (if not put out by the end of next turn, it will be destroyed).

End of battle report
The Ice man shakes its head, then [4-1] stumbles off into the building nearest him.

Hikari walks over to the cooling body of the Anomaly, and sees it has enough essense remaining to be split four ways without any chance of the chunks dissipating.
You think that the Ice Man might contain enough Essence for another chunk.

Essence is very useful, it reduces the permanent willpower cost of enchanted items to 0 and significantly reduces the cost of acquiring an additional trait or spell. It also reduces the penalty for a terrible roll, although a bad roll will also destroy it. There is still a significant temporary willpower cost for both items.
Although, only warriors can make enchanted items, they can obviously make items for a mage if they want.
The spare energy involved in using one for any purpose will heal you up to full health and willpower.

Finally, it can be consumed for extra permanent willpower.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Armor for everyone!
There are two starting armor types that everyone will get:
Leather: -1 damage from physical attacks
Chain: -1d2 damage from physical attacks (-1 dodge penalty for mages)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:18:54 pm by lemon10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2012, 04:57:31 pm »

"...I'm sorry, miss." Karn was feeling as if bad luck had chosen him as his plaything. First, he couldn't charge down an enemy, then he was unable to help his teammate.

There was still little excuse for his actions. He just hoped failure wouldn't rear its ugly head once again as he tried to fix what he had done.

Empowered action: get away from the fire with the naga.

Take one chunk of essence.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:29:02 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »

BLARG. NO, WHY DID YOU POST TURN, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE A PREVIEW.  >:(

Ignore any spelling mistakes and similar you find in it for the next 10 minutes or so please.
EDIT: Think I fixed everything up, I suppose armor will go over your regular clothes (except in the case of Jovian, where I suppose armor will go under).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:16:51 pm by lemon10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 9: 1 Down, ∞ to go
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2012, 06:15:50 pm »

Spandex over chainmail? Sounds uncomfortable...

Anyway, heal myself with two willpower or to full*, then knock on the door of the tower.
*How does healing work, again? Or is it in the OP?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:36 pm »

Spandex over chainmail? Sounds uncomfortable...

Anyway, heal myself with two willpower or to full*, then knock on the door of the tower.
*How does healing work, again? Or is it in the OP?
Yeah, not quite sure about how to fix the armor situation for you. :/
Maybe make the spandex super tough or something, but you would still have to replace it if you wanted better armor.

Healing is basically a alter-reality type action (altering your body from wounded to fully healed) with high willpower usage. The amount of willpower usage depends on your roll, ranging from [3] bad willpower/per health healed ratio->[6] very good willpower/health ratio.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2012, 09:08:45 pm »

((No empower of Vindication?

I'm consuming one of them essences though. :P

Also, post later. Busy now.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19