Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14482 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 7: Standard attempt to be witty but failing
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2012, 04:30:38 am »

I figured it would come to this. You would choose not to free me from these bonds, but then choose the path of battle.

In darkness I die, and in darkness I shall be enlightened.

Hikari held her sword aloft and decided to strike the anomaly where it was, hoping to disrupt its focus. While she could use a spell or power, it would be too dangerous to even think of the incantation - the bondage was still present between their minds.

"The puppeteer is the anomaly! Focus upon it! The men you fight are husks - only slaves under its will!

"Aim for my target!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2012, 05:59:16 am »

((I would shoot that goddamn thing, but i'm blinded. Hey, atleast i killed two of thte puppets.))
((Oh, and lemon, Karsten is ment to be a he.))
"AGUAGHAGUAGAAH"
Karsten blindly swings around his double bladed knife in an attempt to wound the Light Man.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2012, 08:10:00 am »

((Well considering none of these guys are eating or drinking, not a whole lot left for me to do here... guess I'll just see myself out.))

Pool of Poison, bathe in the poison extinguishing the flames.  Drink and breathe in as much poison as possible, then head into the Drunken Lantern, it looks like everyone else has this well in hand.

"Don't worry about me, I'll just ssee mysself out."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2012, 09:12:26 am »

((Well considering none of these guys are eating or drinking, not a whole lot left for me to do here... guess I'll just see myself out.))
((You're quitting? :())

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2012, 09:25:51 am »

((You're quitting? :())
((Nah, i think just cure herself and flee))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 5: Battle: Fight
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2012, 10:08:55 am »

((That slip was a dodge, and it was a calculated move. Of course.))

Karn sighed and prepared to attack the man of ice, gripping the hilt of the two-handed swords with both hands, carefully preparing to attack. His muscles tense and his mind focuses on the target in front of him, eyes narrowing as he prepares to enter combat in earnest.

"Please be safe." he replied to the naga without shifting his gaze.

Attack the ice man.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2012, 05:29:03 pm »

((I would shoot that goddamn thing, but i'm blinded. Hey, atleast i killed two of thte puppets.))
"AGUAGHAGUAGAAH"
Karsten blindly swings around his double bladed knife in an attempt to wound the Light Man.
Oh, sorry, wasn't quite sure.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2012, 06:27:32 pm »

Just posting to say the turn is done except for GreatWyrmGold, since he hasn't posted a action yet.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »

((Well, I'm not going to be in the fight anymore if that's what you're asking, nothing left for me to do so I might as well just leave the fight and try to get my health up to maximum, and some tit coverings.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2012, 11:27:29 pm »

I haven't?

Oh, new turn.

Accept his offer graciously and use the healing potions mentioned.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2012, 12:11:04 am »

Turn 8
Just kill it already

Non-battle actions
Accept his offer graciously and use the healing potions mentioned.
[1] He hands you the healing potions saying "By the way, these potions are a bit dangerous, they will heal you 12 hp (able to go over maximum health), but the healing will revert in two turns (going back to the point you were when you started the fight), if you take them both when you fight him you should have little trouble winning".
You now have Two Temporary healing potions.
He walks back behind the counter and says "Now, do you have anything else you want to go over?"
You think you might want to avoid drinking the potions till absolutely necessary.
((Was planning on giving you a bit of help and proper healing potions as well, but you got a [1] I didn't give you especially nasty 1 results, but it is quite a bit worse then what you would have gotten, guess you will need wald to heal you))

Round 3: Allies
"NO RESPECT FOR MAGICAL STARFISH THESE DAYS, I TELL YOU."

Stand up and FOCUS on exploding Stone Man's arm (yes, a focused action, on the throwing arm)!
[5+1-1v2] His arm explodes completely off, flings into the air, and comes down straight on his head. He is now dead.
I figured it would come to this. You would choose not to free me from these bonds, but then choose the path of battle.

In darkness I die, and in darkness I shall be enlightened.

Hikari held her sword aloft and decided to strike the anomaly where it was, hoping to disrupt its focus. While she could use a spell or power, it would be too dangerous to even think of the incantation - the bondage was still present between their minds.

"The puppeteer is the anomaly! Focus upon it! The men you fight are husks - only slaves under its will!

"Aim for my target!"

[5] You rush out of the fire straight towards the Anomaly, hoping to deliver a fatal blow. As you charge you bring your sword back and [6-1v4+2] strike at it with all your might it, and instantly two ringing shields of force surround it, one made of light and the other of ice.

"AGUAGHAGUAGAAH"
[5-1+1v2-1] You blindly charge towards where you think he is, and rush in to try to cut him down. You are sure you will miss, but he seems rather preoccupied with something else. The blade carves through his essence, and you are pretty sure he is dead, its a bit hard to tell being blind, although you think your vision is beginning to recover.

Pool of Poison, bathe in the poison extinguishing the flames.  Drink and breathe in as much poison as possible, then head into the Drunken Lantern, it looks like everyone else has this well in hand.

"Don't worry about me, I'll just ssee mysself out."
(You take 2 fire damage)
[3-1] You fail to even cast Pool of Poison, the spell flickering in your hand, but casting it takes longer then you thought it would, and before you know it the flames burn you again, and you don't even have time to escape (You will take 2 more fire damage next turn, and 2 more the turn after if you don't escape).

((That slip was a dodge, and it was a calculated move. Of course.))

Karn sighed and prepared to attack the man of ice, gripping the hilt of the two-handed swords with both hands, carefully preparing to attack. His muscles tense and his mind focuses on the target in front of him, eyes narrowing as he prepares to enter combat in earnest.

"Please be safe." he replied to the naga without shifting his gaze.

Attack the ice man.
[2] You stand up to charge him, and promptly fall on your back again. You think someone must have coated this street with gelatin or something.
[4] You don't think you will be moving so slow next turn however, even though you fell again.
((I am greatly amused by your lack of being able to stay on your feet))

Round 3: Axis
The Ice Man focuses on keeping the shield around the Anomaly secure.
[1+3+1v1] "You poor stupid thing. You can't even hear what I am saying to you. His geas twists the words before they even enter your mind. You will die alone and in the light.".
Its words instill a discordance deep in your mind, and your mental barriers crumble all at once. He sends a powerful. You lose 6 willpower. Your mental barriers are now broken, you will have a -1 penalty to any mental defense next turn.

Its form then begins to blur (+1 to any defense/dodge rolls next turn), it must be preparing to teleport away to safety.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Huh, guess you didn't get him this turn, thought that you would have been able to finish it off for sure. Not really your fault though, you did get some nasty rolls.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:44:41 pm by lemon10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 8: Just kill it already
« Reply #176 on: November 05, 2012, 12:24:43 am »

((A big, if not most part of my inability to stay on my feet comes from GM fiat, funny man. Forgot the [6v6] which you got me to dodge by falling again? Same thing goes for the last roll. :P))

Karn sighed once again and got back up, noticing the naga still had serious problems with fire. The anomaly could wait for now, he had teammates to help.

"I'm on my way."

Help Ssrah move to a safe place, then try rushing and attacking the anomaly if there is still enough time. If there is a need to set a priority due to troubles (penalties to actions, for example), helping her is preferable.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2012, 12:39:42 am »

"OH MY, A REPTILIAN DAMSEL IN DISTRESS! I SHOULD HELP HER!"

Quicken Ssrah's regeneration. Afterwards, focused action: PUNCH THE ANOMALY!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2012, 01:20:08 am »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2012, 02:20:17 am »

He sends a powerful.
(NOOOO, NOT A POWERFUL! D:)

As the Kitsune glanced back, she saw her allies heading to aid the wounded leaving only fewer to hit the anomaly. In the sleight of the moment, she was annoyed at their choice for not targeting the real foe, forgetting that the survival of her allies was more important than to lose one in the probability of defeating another anomaly.

"Coward!"

Empower Vindication. Cast Vindication on the Anomaly.

Try to escape collateral damage while pulling anyone with me away from it.

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19