Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14495 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 6: Elemental meat puppets
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »

((... I get - 2 to any unknown poison spell, unless I get a 5 or 6 I'm going to hurt myself.  That isn't going to help anyone.  The poison got a bad roll last turn, if I get a good one then I can actually do things and be useful, more useful than mutilating myself trying to cast spells I don't know.  If you don't want me to help then I'll just slither off, but I think its better that I do.))

Edit:  ((Proof that I pretty much can't do anything without gibbing my willpower with regards to unknown spells.))

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:10:20 pm by V-Norrec »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2012, 05:13:29 pm »

((@V-Norrec: Yep, you're right. Let's hope for a better roll. But cover your tits anyway.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2012, 05:16:35 pm »

((Not my fault GM didn't go through with that part of my turn.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »

((Not my fault GM didn't go through with that part of my turn.))
I didn't think you would appreciate a -1 malus for running over there+poison pool+attempting to produce a item in the middle of battle.

Sorry, I really don't have the time to keep up with this. I guess this will be my resignation.
Ah, sad to see you go.

((... I get - 2 to any unknown poison spell, unless I get a 5 or 6 I'm going to hurt myself.  That isn't going to help anyone.  The poison got a bad roll last turn, if I get a good one then I can actually do things and be useful, more useful than mutilating myself trying to cast spells I don't know.  If you don't want me to help then I'll just slither off, but I think its better that I do.))
You should note that a [5] would have hit no one, and the [6] probably wouldn't have hit anyone had you known Hikari was there and on your side (instead of registering as partially an Anomaly and stealthed).

EDIT: You probably shouldn't try to create a item mid battle, it will work out bad. You can decide to do it anyways, as long as you are willing to accept a -1 malus on both the pool and the item, but just warning you in advance. I will change it to you not making a item unless you override my decision, because I want to make sure you knew.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:21:30 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2012, 07:24:09 pm »

((. . . I don't understand your reasoning considering I would have thought those would have hit the anomaly directly, but your game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2012, 10:27:53 pm »

Try to conjure a good-sized gem which lasts permanently. If it'll last permanently, offer to trade it for a strong healing potion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2012, 10:45:13 pm »

((. . . I don't understand your reasoning considering I would have thought those would have hit the anomaly directly, but your game.))
((I'm in the way, you just didn't see me ;P ))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

Ah, partially arbitrary GM fiat, due to not wanting it to hit all of them on a [6], but just as important, the Anomaly didn't want it to hit all of them as well, and sent someone to intercept it, a [7] would have done it without allowing him to roll to send a interceptor. It wouldn't have been that much better, the stone one would have probably resisted, the ice and fire would have probably died (since it would have been a 7), the other three might have teleport dodged, and the Anomaly itself would have resisted cause its a psychic vase.

((I'm in the way, you just didn't see me ;P ))
No you weren't, you were in the blast radius of the intercepted shot, but you weren't in the initial path.

EDIT: You probably shouldn't try to create a item mid battle, it will work out bad. You can decide to do it anyways, as long as you are willing to accept a -1 malus on both the pool and the item, but just warning you in advance. I will change it to you not making a item unless you override my decision, because I want to make sure you knew.
Explicit answer before I finish the turn would be nice.

"NOTE TO SELF, ANOMALIES MODERATELY VULNERABLE TO DISMEMBERMENT."

Using the experience I have gained from exploding the Stone Man's leg, FOCUS on figuring out how to induce instantly debilitating (and painful, don't forget painful!) elephantiasis in people! Practice on the Dark Man.
Your spell is on cooldown till the end of this turn, its cooldown was 2 turns from when you posted, so it will be back up this turn.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:47 pm »

Godamnit, turn was eaten by a Anomaly. Will have to rewrite the first 2/6 actions.

Turn will be up within 4 hours (ideally quicker)  now that everyone has posted.

Sigh, writing all this up every day is a lot of work, at least I really like the idea and such, don't know if I could continue it if I didn't (well, I would continue, but slow enough that it would probably die.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:49 pm »

((I changed my action.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2012, 11:17:40 pm »

Godamnit, turn was eaten by a Anomaly. Will have to rewrite the first 2/6 actions.

Turn will be up within 4 hours (ideally quicker)  now that everyone has posted.

Sigh, writing all this up every day is a lot of work, at least I really like the idea and such, don't know if I could continue it if I didn't (well, I would continue, but slow enough that it would probably die.

((If Firefox, then Lazarus Add-On. :P

If writing turn, then write on a writing program first.

I write turns which near 40,000 characters. I feel your pain. ;_; ))

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2012, 12:15:42 am »

If you want, I could replace Spartan if Spinal_Taper doesn't object to it.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2012, 03:10:07 am »

Turn 7
Standard attempt to be witty but failing

Non-Battle actions:
Try to conjure a good-sized gem which lasts permanently. If it'll last permanently, offer to trade it for a strong healing potion.
[3] You focus and conjure a decent sized gem. The apothecary whistles appreciatively, and asks for a look at it, obligingly you hand it over. After examining it for a few seconds he says "Oh, this is very impressive, but you should have tried a easier summoning, something like a ruby or a sapphire been far far easier, I have never seen a bloodstone in person, but even I can see that this one is destabilizing as we speak, within [time period equal to when this turn will end by some bizarre coincidence] it will have disintegrated completely". Annoyed you think about trying again, but before you can he says "You look like a pretty strong man, what exactly hurt you this badly?".
Seeing no harm in responding, you inform him it was some evildoer who went by the name of Captain Miracle.
Hearing this, he is at first surprised, then greatly pleased, and says "It seems we have a mutual enemy, the pervert and criminal known as Captain Miracle, a man who tries to pretend to be good, but really has a soul stained black as soot by his actions. If you could get rid of him or turn him in to the watch, me and my Family would be very grateful, and we would give you any one of the potions for display in the shop, and 3/4 off everything from the back room. Of course I realize that you stopping him in the shape you are in would be impossible, and if you accept, I will give you a gift of two full healing potions before you set out to fight him."
You eat the rapidly disintegrating bloodstone and regain 1 hp.

Battle round 2: Allies
Pool of Poison LIGHT MAN!

"You all, might want to sstay away from the poisson.  Unlesss you live for it, like I do." Ssrah yells alerting the nearby defenders to the poison's frankly lethal qualities.
You try to cast [5v5+1] poison pool at the Light Man, and it explodes right next to him. He then proceeds to walk right into the middle of it for protection ((The cloud will last a whole turn (ending in his action next turn), and will harm those who attack him in melee)). Damn, looks like this won't effect him. If you try using another type of poison it might work a little better on him.

"NOTE TO SELF, ANOMALIES MODERATELY VULNERABLE TO DISMEMBERMENT."

Using the experience I have gained from exploding the Stone Man's leg, FOCUS on figuring out how to induce instantly debilitating (and painful, don't forget painful!) elephantiasis in people! Practice on the Dark Man.
[3] You try to figure out how you would give people elephantiasis. You stand up and pace about. Wait, wasn't that shadow dude still on the roof with you?. You turn around and [4] the dark man blasts you off the roof, making you dizzy. Maybe this wasn't the best time to try to learn a new spell you think as you lie on the ground.

Hikari's eyes glinted with the manner of recognition as she approached the Anomaly, speaking in words it could only hear.

"I was lost, my friend. I am glad to see one that I can relate with. These warriors are nothing but pawns to their own will, and they will die through our combined power.

"Are you willing to open your mental defenses so I may integrate my powers with yours? I will begin assuming a counterspell to these magi that hinder our progress. They believe me to be on their side.

"I will attempt vocalization to try to sway their attacks."

The Kitsune then tried to approach the Anomaly to melee range before speaking to her 'allies'. "Focus your fire!"

Inquire if I could try to...delve into the Anomaly's secrets. If yes, then do so while searching for strengths and weaknesses.

Secretly prepare a counterspell to the Anomaly's power.

He gives you a verbal rundown on his abilities in this reality ((I should make you roll for this, but I feel like giving you guys a little help so that you have a better chance at not being brutally murdered)):
The Anomaly can control and corrupt up to six local reality beings, turning them into elemental puppets. Their strength depends on the power of the beings corrupted. Each puppet can project a shield around the Anomaly. The shields last the whole turn, are concentric, and block 1d6-1 power attacks per puppet shielding. For instance if you rolled a [6] attack, they might project a [0+2+4] shield, requiring three puppets to power, all attacks that turn of 6 or lower could do no damage, if someone later rolled a [7], then another puppet wold add his strength, possibly resulting in a [0+2+4+2] shield. Projecting a shield takes up a puppets whole turn (in his battle phase later that turn), and subtracts -1 from all dodges or defense attempts (in your battle phase on your next turn). His physical body is comically weak (1 hp), and will die in 1 hit if you get through his sheild. His willpower is immense, although his mental attacks greatly suffer in power the more puppets are active.
[3]  He tacitly rejects opening his mental defenses, reasoning that it would cost both you and him a significant amount of willpower to meld your minds, even though the benefits are obvious to you both.
As soon as you begin to talk he [6] looks at you, and his gaze pierces through your attempts at trickery. ((All results of this will go in his action in the enemy combat phase)).
[2] You try to think up a way to block his shielding ability, and realize you are standing still in the poison pool that you were sure had completely dissipated last round. Opps. You are now weakly poisoned (-1 health next round unless cured)

((Do the Anomaly henchmen count as anomalies to my MetaReal arrows?))
Karsten faintly whispers "This is not good..."

He loads a MetaReal arrow in his Surefire bow and takes a shot at the Dark Man.
((I assume you want to use the +1 power of the Surefire bow, since you didn't explicitly say otherwise, and it is only two points of willpower))
[4+1+1v1v5] You notch your bow and strongly concentrate, and in one smooth motion fire a arrow at both the Darkness man and the Lightning Man. It hits him just as he turns around to look at you, and it blows right through his head, and he disintegrates, it swiftly flies towards the Lightning Man, and he catches it to stop it hitting him, and disintegrates his hand.

"Lady, please avoid using large area of effect attacks when your allies are nearby..." he says, turning his head to face the naga and realizing her breasts are exposed.
He blushes almost instantly and quickly turns his head back to concentrate in the battle.
"...We need to find proper clothes."
If necessary, leap back to avoid the cloud of poison, holding the bone shield defensively and swiping at any enemies at range. If avoiding poison isn't needed, just advance defensively with shield up and thrust the two-handed sword at the nearest foe.
After some prudish complaints, Karn focuses on the Lightning Man, and leveling his sword, charges at him [1] only to fall down, and slip on his shield when he tries to get up. Getting up again will take some time evidently, he is now slowed.
((I know that I should come up with another name then slow, but I can't think of anything that really fits).

Battle Round 2: Axis
The Fire Man [6v1v4+1v2+1+1] feels his life force running out, and puffs up like a balloon, exploding into a massive conflagration. Ssrah is close, and is burned badly (-5 health, -2 health next turn from OH GOD TERRIBLE TERRIBLE FIRE), while Akiri is far enough away to not get caught up in the explosion, and is only burning (-1 health next turn from regular fire). The Light Man screeches, and tries to escape, but even he suffers burns (now at half health, not burning). The conflagration will continue for two turns, if you don't escape, then you will suffer even more burn damage then you already are going to.
The Stone Man pulls his other leg off, next turn he will throw it (+1 to multiturn action of leg throwing).
The Lightning Man [1] screams, and lightning flows out of his hand stump in every direction. He dies.
The Ice Man [6v6] sucks in his cheeks, and launches a dense orb of frozen death at Karn as soon as he gets up, who then promptly slips again, and the orb goes right over his head.
The Light Man [4v2] warps up to the spot where the archer who killed his dark self is, and shoots her in the face with a blast of light, blinding her next turn.

The Anomaly's connection with Hikari suddenly tightens and comes into focus, and it says "I smell Him on you, you are just a toy She has turned against your rightful comrades. I suppose you can't see the bindings He put on you, the webs of force and compulsions that force you to do Her will. I would have broken them for you, but now it is too late, you must die for your blindness." its words grate against your psyche threatening to overwhelm you [1+1+1v6], but you quickly rally, and travel backwards through his attack into his mind, and ravage his mind (-1/3 willpower for him)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

After this battle is over armor will be implemented, and everyone will get a basic set. Karn's armor will get a upgrade to compensate for everyone else getting some.

Some of you may wonder why I rolled some rolls (eg. the roll of the Anomaly noticing Hikari trying to trick him, and for the Darm man blowing Wald off the roof)  as enemies when they should have been rolls of the players (eg. not the anomoly noticing, but Hikari bluffing).
The answer is that I have no clue why I did it.

In a effort to have reasonable damages, before each big battle, I will draw up the abilities for every enemy, and give them a damage for each attack. This will be a extra roll (for attacks that hit) that will be multiplied by the effectiveness of the hit as determined by differences between the regular roles (so a [6v1] would almost always deal more damage then a [3v2], misses will never deal any damage). This is also to ensure that I don't feel sad for a character and not kill them due to niceness (or thoughts that I am being unfair).

This has been a brutal battle, with a bit of good luck you should be able to finish it next turn.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:14:31 am by lemon10 »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2012, 03:15:17 am »

If you want, I could replace Spartan if Spinal_Taper doesn't object to it.
Sorry, I think I will just stick with 6 people for now, its quite a lot to do as it is.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 7: Standard attempt to be witty but failing
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2012, 04:24:00 am »

"NO RESPECT FOR MAGICAL STARFISH THESE DAYS, I TELL YOU."

Stand up and FOCUS on exploding Stone Man's arm (yes, a focused action, on the throwing arm)!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:39:49 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19