Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14488 times)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 2: COMIC SAAANS!
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 07:11:33 pm »

Waitlist please.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 07:17:15 pm »

Waitlist please.
Ok, your on the waitlist.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 07:49:07 pm »

Return to city.
Look for villains to defeat.

No way this could end badly!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »

"Well, thiss iss not what I wanted."

Get back to the tavern, use pool of poison behind me as I flee in order to dissuade pursuit.

((Fuck me, I get double ones on the first turn, that's a pretty terrible sign))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 1: Lets get this party started
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 10:25:55 pm »

The warrior noticed his teammates moved off mostly in different directions, splitting off in a dangerous maneuver when teamwork could be, if not life-saving, at least mildly important, especially when the strength of anomalies was taken in account.

"Why are we splitting off?" he wondered worriedly, deciding to just wait and see if something happens.

Summon a greatbow, sit down, rest and wait for any signs of trouble.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:22:55 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 10:32:22 pm »

"Well, thiss iss not what I wanted."

Get back to the tavern, use pool of poison behind me as I flee in order to dissuade pursuit.

((Fuck me, I get double ones on the first turn, that's a pretty terrible sign))
The nag a rolled snake eyes?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 10:33:43 pm »

The nag a rolled snake eyes?
((Nice catch.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »

You may notice that I am altering turns after they have been posted in small ways (eg. I extended comic sans from simply Karsten's [1] action, to her [3] and [4] action as well).
You can choose to view these alterations two ways: A) I am a terrible GM, and should make sure everything is done 100% before I post or B) Subtle fixing of plot holes within reality that occur due to temporal forces.
If you notice any change that directly effects you, then you can point it out and it will be redacted. You will also regen +1 willpower instantly feeding off the tear in reality.

Other notes: You are all connected and partially part of the same meta being (The Guardian). That means that:
1) You can always communicate with each other as long as you are in the same reality and both people accept the connection, it costs 1 willpower for the initiator and never fails. If used in combat or other tough/engaging circumstance there will usually be a -1 penalty due to the mental strain involved with maintaining the connection. Isn't a whole action.
2) Subtle mixing of knowledge unless purposely withheld. This occurs slowly and over multiple turns. It will mainly extend to facts, but never current circumstances.
3) You can transfer willpower and switch bodies and such if you are next to each other.

However: No obvious metagaming and acting on unknown facts are allowed. It is always a bit hard to tell what just goes over the boundary of known and unknown, but your actions in this case are pretty clearly metagaming Caellath. I will try to not be too harsh and ham-handed, but if its really obvious...
You can always do metagaming actions if you really feel like it, but you will suffer a -2 roll penalty if I catch any (AKA, you probably shouldn't).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:52:11 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2012, 12:26:16 am »

((@GM: Ok, but the point being two of the other guys are in the bar in front of me (not directly in danger and they are together), plus the elf climbed to a place the guy who isn't very agile doesn't want to try and follow. That would leave me two options: the superhero and the naga. The superhero isn't showing tits around, so the choice would obviously fall on the one with higher chances of getting into trouble due to indecent exposure.

I wasn't metagaming (and some people in the forums may vouch I'm against it), but I changed my action anyway because I don't want to be surprised by a (-2) penalty in my next action.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2012, 12:30:09 am »

((@GM:I wasn't metagaming (and some people in the forums may vouch I'm against it), but I changed my action anyway because I don't want to be surprised by a (-2) penalty in my next action.))
((I vouch for the honesty of this man.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2012, 12:48:33 am »

Not to accuse you or anything, and I don't think you necessarily did it on purpose, but do you think you would you have decided to follow the naga if she had rolled two sixes last turn instead of two ones?

Anyways, I will believe you, sorry for all the distrust, and if you want to you can change your action back to trying to help the naga without any chance of a penalty (although you won't have time to make a bow if you decide on that course of actions).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2012, 12:54:29 am »

Not to accuse you or anything, and I don't think you necessarily did it on purpose, but do you think you would you have decided to follow the naga if she had rolled two sixes last turn instead of two ones?
((The superhero may be on a worse situation since he only has 5 willpower as of now and will probably spend even more in his next action. If it was up to me as a player, I'd be searching for him instead of the naga - who still has a good amount of willpower and is not actively seeking enemies as opposed to Jovian.

And I'm keeping my new action anyway. I'll try to make that bow and just pay attention to any signs of combat or similar things happening. I'm sorry if I didn't explain the logic behind my character's actions.))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:56:25 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 01:42:14 am »

That demon/mage thing that Ssrah ran into is nasty shit. If she fought it on her own till one of them died, I would give her a 2% chance of winning at best. Its basically boss level. Escaping won't really be that hard, but if she rolls a one on her escape attempt she will be in trouble. If she can't escape or get help within three turns, she will probably be defeated (I don't know if he will kill her immediately once she is in his power). That said, the thugs with the mage are pretty much pushovers.

Odds are very good that pretty much anything that Jovian will encounter will be much less nasty then it.

Oh well, don't worry about the metagaming accusation though.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 02:17:28 am »

"A CONTAINER OF YOUR FINEST BOOZE, MR. LANTERN, THAT IS WHAT I TRULY WISH RIGHT NOW. ALL ELSE IS OF SECONDARY IMPORTANCE. BUT WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS STRANGE LAND ANYWAY."

Get booze. Ponder where all the Ayrisikhant might be.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2012, 04:45:22 am »

Karsten is surprised by this little... Bar he guesses?
"Better check this out before any... Surprises come out of it."
Make a steel dagger for self-defense, then enter the Drunken Tiki

((Spartan, i already got red text.))
((Oh, lemon, you spelled bone shield wrong on Karn's sheet))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:47:25 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19